FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   LUX-FRA-ATL-RSW with LG/LH and DL (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/663030-lux-fra-atl-rsw-lg-lh-dl.html)

luxair Feb 21, 2007 9:24 am

LUX-FRA-ATL-RSW with LG/LH and DL

Thursday, February 9th, 2006
Luxembourg (LUX) - Frankfurt (FRA)
Airline: Luxair
Flight no.: LG9301
Aircraft: Boeing 737-700
Seat: 3C Business, C
Dep: 06:45
Arr: 07:35

I arrived at Luxembourg Airport at 06:05 and went to the Luxair Business Check-in counters. The agent was friendly and after he looked through my ticket he told me he would check my luggage all the way to RSW. She handed me my Boarding Pass to FRA and the invitation to the Lounge and I was done in 5 minutes. I went through the Security Check directly which only took me 5 min as well. Thats why I try to only fly from/and to Luxembourg, the airport is really small and you get things done really fast. After spending 10 min in the Lounge I just had to step out of the Lounge to my gate. Once on board, the flight attendants offered refreshing towels and a variety of newspapers. The new Luxair seats onbord the 737's are very nice and look very modern. After take-off at 0655 the flight attendants served a full breakfast including two danish's and a small roll with ham and cream cheese they offered coffee and orange juice as well as champagne twice. The flight to Frankfurt takes only around 25 minutes and the cabin crew does a great job on that short flight. After arrival I went to the Lufthansa Transfer Desk first because I don't had a boarding card yet. My Gate was somewhere in the International part of the A Concourse so I headed for my preffered Lounge in FRA at A 51 (or so). On todays flight to ATL they were using an Airbus 340-300 with old Business Class and First Class but they aren't selling F anymore on the flight to ATL. By the time I had my ticket issued I had called LH because I wanted to upgrade to F but the lady on the phone told me that First Class service to ATL isn't available anymore but she would be able to give me a seat in the F Cabin on that flight with out the First Class service. So my seat was 2A.

Frankfurt (FRA) - Atlanta (ATL)
Airline: Lufthansa
Flight no.: LH 444
Aircraft: Airbus A340-300
Seat: 2A First Class, C
Dep: 10:25 (11:05)
Arr: 14:45 (15:10)

Boarding was starting at 9:45am and the flight seemed not to be to full. After getting to my seat I was welcomed by the purser he took my coat and offered a glass of Champagne, orange juice or water with some nuts. He also explained and excused that their was no First Class service only the better seat available on todays flight. But they still had the First Class blankets and pillows which are much better compared to the C Class once. Lufthansa's magazine choice is really huge and not to compare with the choice US offers. After a little while 3 more seats in the F Cabin where taken by a family and it was realy a very personal atmosphere in the cabin. The purser told us that we would be the only PAX in the F Cabin. At about 10:20 the Cockpit Crew told us that we had to wait for some bikes arriving from a connecting flight and they would be loaded within 10 min. But finally we were leaving our Gate at 10:50 and taxing to Runway 18 in FRA. After takeoff the FA handed out hot towels and the Menu. They offered two starters a sesame crusted tuna with glas noodles or a sweet and sour salad with Chicken and Teriyaki followed by a Salad. As usual they offered three Entrees a Stir-fried Filet of Beef with Ginger Sauce, Asian Rice with Shrimps & Vegetables and a Red Curry Chicken. During the first Drink service after takeoff I had Champage to go with my Tuna starter. As my Entree I had the Asian Rice with Shrimps. Lunch on this flight was relly good especially for me because I like asian food a lot. The FA was offering a Cheese plate, fruit salad and a Mango Cake after lunch. I had the fruit salad which is always my favorite with LH. Later in the flight the Purser came around and offered us the F Class Videos Lufthansa has I was happy to choose one of these because I had not found a nice movie on the regular programming before. Again on this flight I got very impressed by the inflight staff LH is using in the F Cabin they are superior to the C Class once and from what I heard they don't have to do C or Y Cabin anymore only F. During the flight the FA offered drinks frequently. 2 hours before landing the service was starting again with hot towels and drinks. They had two options to choose from a cold plate with beef carpaccio, sautéed Vegetables, salmon and a Asian Style noddle Salat or Toscana Ravioli. I had the cold plate with a choice of bread and roll and it was tasty. The dessert was a mini cheesecake. Landing in ATL was 25 min behind schedule but I had enough time for my connection. Immigration in ATL wasn't too bad and my suitcases were already waiting at the belt. After I cleared the security I went upstairs in the E Concourse and went to the Delta Counters and I got my Boarding pass to RSW all the arrival stuff took me about 35 Minutes. I went to the LH Gold Lounge which is just acrossed the DL counters and the lady told me that they were closing in about 45min. I had a drink in the Lounge and it became pretty empty once they announced boarding for LH 445 to FRA. After leaving the Lounge I went to the B Concourse for my connection.

Atlanta (ATL) - Forst Myers (RSW)
Airline: Delta Airlines
Flight no.: DL 1681
Aircraft:Boeing 757-200
Seat: 2D First Class, F
Dep: 18:44
Arr: 20:24

At the Gate they were seeking some PAX to go on a later flight but I think thats somewhat usual with DL. Boarding was still starting on time and the F seats on that plane semmed to be rather new but I thought the pitch was really tight. Maybe because I was used to LH F seat before. For that flight my travel agent had told me one day before that the seat next to me was empty but I was unlucky and somebody showed up for the seat. We pushed back from the Gate on time but we had to wait for takeoff and it seemed to be a rather big line. I don't remember when we tookoff but I think we had at least 20 min delay. After our climb the FA's began their drink service in plastic glasses and they came around the cabin with snack bags. The rest of the flight was pretty uneventfull. On the way back I was flying UA (mainline) First and it was way superior to US and DL (as always). We landed in RSW ontime so we made up for the delay in flight.
My return was with UA from RSW to ORD followed by LH to DUS, LH to FRA and LG back LUX.

HansHuckebein Feb 22, 2007 12:12 am

Interesting report. Thanks!