Search

LHR-LAX-LHR NZ New Business Premiere

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G + A3*G
LHR-LAX-LHR NZ New Business Premiere

Link Below to Photos & My Opinion of the new product

LHR-LAX Air NZ New Business Premiere (Pictures Included)

Cheers

Richard
Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks for the great report and photos flashyphotos ^^^
Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flashyphotos
Link Below to Photos & My Opinion of the new product

LHR-LAX Air NZ New Business Premiere (Pictures Included)

Cheers

Richard
Great report and terrific photos. I must get a digital camera to enhance my trip reports.

I have been tempted to try this new offering to Oz of late and I think you just convinced me.

I like the salt and pepper shakers. They remind me of the business class CX ones that are the shapes of pebbles.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum
Very good report. Thank you!

I'm disappointed to hear about the low quality monitors and audio sync problems. I can't understand when airlines install modern AVOD systems and then allow it to be so imperfect. I had the same experience on the new JAL business. AVOD is great but it's not nearly as good as it could be when sound goes out of sync and the picture is fuzzy on the monitor. I wonder if this is more an issue with the storage system for the video/audio (i.e. disk speed or compression levels), or if it's the software running it. Don't they have consultants to make sure these sorts of things work?

Sounds like a great product regardless.

Regards, G.L.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 2:06 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Thanks for the report and the really cool pics. ^
Old Feb 7, 2006, 2:18 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Nice report Flashy. Did you have time to wander up to the bar in the Silver Kris Lounge and have a look in the visitor's book? I made an entry in there on the 24th Jan, expressing my displeasure at the welcome I received at reception a week before. Basically, the lounge dragon didn't even greet me with a hello or anything. She didn't mutter a word until after she had finished checking my BP and card and typed something on her computer. Then she looked at me and uttered one word: "upstairs".

F***ing cow, I thought.

A week later I was back and she seemed much more pleasant - I was going to say something to her about her manners if she was rude to me again but wrote in the book instead.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G + A3*G
Hi UK Flyer

I must admit to much the same reception at the Lounge in LHR,

She took my BP, started entering the details in the system, Muttered "What Class are you Travelling", (I pointed out the word Business scrawled in large hand written letters across the top of the boarding pass), and like you just got the "Upstairs!"

To be honest I have never really found the welcome to be much more that that at this lounge, but once inside it makes up for it!

Cheers

Richard
Old Feb 10, 2006, 12:35 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
The IFE is a great Video on Demand System but is let down by really dreadful quality monitors!, they are 11" and really low resolution with visible lining and picture tearing, they should have gone for a smaller higher quality monitor

(On the return flight during takeoff the entire monitor fell from its housing and landed on my lap the screwing holding it to the stand had totally sheared!)
I just took NZ2 yesterday. It's very good. And I am sorry about your IFE, but I had a picture clear, and the noise cancelling headphones worked properly. Overall, great flight, better than other airlines serving US to London. I certainly prefer the new NZ seat than the BA Club World. (Have not tried the VS UC yet).

I had the roast duck for dinner, and it was great. The salad was a bit small, but the whole dinner was enough for me. Did not have problem arriving in LHR. Got off number 2, and my bag was second in the carousel.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 5:16 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Execellent report.

It was a bit disconcerting to see the snack table setup in front of the emergency doors.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Is it just me or do the Business Premier seats look a bit cramped, maybe a bit narrow? I've never sat in a "pod" style seat like BP, ClubWorld or UpperClass so I can't comment.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:00 am

Awesome pictures. Can't wait to try the service!
Old Feb 11, 2006, 4:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Great photos, Flashy. Those are some of the best ones I've seen of the new NZ business product.

One question - you remarked that the seat "flips" to convert into a bed. What part flips, the cushion on the footrest?

What seats would you recommend for two passengers traveling together? Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:52 pm

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
I thought only virgin had those seats in upper class? or did the fa make a fib?
Old Feb 11, 2006, 8:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Air NZ has licensed the seats from VS. All NZ's new 777s have it, as do NZ's refitted 747s (will be complete mid this year).
Old Feb 11, 2006, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Thanks Flashphotos. Your pictures are fantastic but I agree it does look a little cramped. I get to do the trip the opposite way around in July (award ticket) and expect to take lots of pics. I am looking forward to it more than ever

Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.