Reload this Page >

RTW progress report posted

Old Aug 2, 2005, 5:42 am
Moderator, OneWorld
Original Poster

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP

Our RTW has now reached Oz, and I've added some content to the blog/website linked in the signature line below. The addition includes AA FC SEA-ORD-LAX-HNL and QF J HNL-SYD, along with commentary and ruminations. Feedback here or via the site welcome.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Looks great ^ , Gardyloo! Only thing I think would add a bit more to your website would be a few more photos, but I know how time-consuming it is getting them prepared and uploaded!!!
Old Aug 10, 2005, 6:41 pm
Moderator, OneWorld
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PhilH
Looks great ^ , Gardyloo! Only thing I think would add a bit more to your website would be a few more photos, but I know how time-consuming it is getting them prepared and uploaded!!!
Thanks - I've added plenty more; report now includes around half the Oz portion of the RTW; flight reports coming soon.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:32 pm
Community Director Emerita

Wow. What an amazing blog! You have put an incredible amount of work into it. It is really a work of art. Of course, I enjoyed the logistics parts - the schedule, with all of its clickable links, and the discussion of how to put together RTWs.

And btw - killer picture of your son and his bride-to-be amidst the flowers.^
Old Aug 10, 2005, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
A most excellent website!^

Thank you for sharing your travels in such a complete manner.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Love it! Great stuff.

Service seems British-paced, i.e., glacial, to my evident annoyance.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 4:28 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
gardyloo,

I'm lovin' it !

What a great website, and a great account of a great trip.

The feedback button on the site isn't working for me, though - might just be me or might be worth checking out.

Also, there is one cheap place to stay around Uluru - if you head east about 50 miles, you get to the Curtin Springs homestead, where a double room costs only A$50. Although it's a simple place, it's a bargain, and does allow you to sit in the pub drinking $3 tooheys with the locals

cheers
stewie
Old Aug 12, 2005, 7:26 pm
Moderator, OneWorld
Original Poster

Another update with minor format changes posted today.

I'll try to repair the email link - mysterious.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Awesome!! I am so jealous. Hope to do a similar trip when boys are out of school. I will be closely following your reports.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs up

Hi

Great job with the website ^ I'm liking this format more and more over the tradional post plain text stuff we see on FT. I hope to one day soon start my own RTW and track my progress on a website for all to share. Enjoy your trip - sounds like an amazing experience.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
My God, that must have taken alot of work, planning and effort. It is marvellous. Very well planned and written and the pictures eve. I enjoyed it tremendously. Keep it up pal. ^ ^ ^
Old Aug 22, 2005, 1:43 pm
Moderator, OneWorld
Original Poster

More updates posted - only a few pix from the first 4 days in Africa uploaded so far (out of >700 taken) - we'll be out of connectivity for a few days in the bush so if I can I'll update narrative etc. during that time, battery willing.

However I've posted a flight report on our SYD-JNB seg in QF J including some interesting aerial pix and one of a sky route map one doesn't see every day. Check it out.

Quick advice if you come to Zimbabwe. Bring your own petrol. Also dollars - lots of dollars. And don't forget your humility. Cried when I had no shoes... if you know what I mean.

Peace...
Old Sep 7, 2005, 1:24 am
Moderator, OneWorld
Original Poster

I ran out of storage on my host so I've had to open a secondary site to continue with the Africa portion - http://home.comcast.net/~gardyloo2

No flight reports yet but some pix and a little narrative on events up till around 10 days ago. More in process.

Meanwhile, here's a sample pic; a cautionary note is that the site has an R-rated image of lions doing the wild thing.

Last edited by Gardyloo; Sep 7, 2005 at 1:47 am
Old Sep 7, 2005, 4:57 am

Awsome blog! Many thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA MM Gold Hilton HHonors
Wonderful writing. Waiting for the rest of the Africa portion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.