Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

VIE-BRU / Austrian Airlines Embraer 195 / Flying over Brussels downtown at less than

VIE-BRU / Austrian Airlines Embraer 195 / Flying over Brussels downtown at less than

Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:38 am
Original Poster

I share with you the trip report of my last flight from Vienna to Brussels with an Austrian Airlines Embraer E195.

It was a windy and rainy day at Vienna and that led to some delays on departures. After 35-40 minutes waiting inside the airplane at our gate, we started push-back and took off from runway 29.

I would like to emphasize that during that delay on ground, the cabin crew offered us several cups of juice. I know it's just juice, but not many airlines do that in this situations, so that's something to value positively.

Despite it was a rainy day, the visibility was extremely good. In addition to that, the windows on this E195 were perfectly cleaned so the quality of all the video is extremely good, and that can be checked on the views of Vienna (and later of Brussels downtown).

The flight lasted around 1 hour and 35-40 minutes. The catering was the usual for the European short-range flights: sweet or salty snack with a drink (wine, juice, coke, beer, water, coffee, tea...). The catering was, obviously, free of charge.

After a very comfortable cruise (the space between seats on the Embraer 195 and the configuration 2-2 make the flight extremely comfortable), we started descent to Brussels. After crossing the clouds we realised that we were approaching runway 07L (rare runway to land in BRU) so we were going to see all the city from just a few meters altitude. And yes, it was exactly like that. We were able to distinguish lots of the monuments of Brussels and enjoyed really awesome views during all the the final approach.

At Brussels I was connecting to a Brussels Airlines flight to Madrid, but that's another story to tell...

I hope that you enjoy the trip report!

TRIP REPORT:
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:06 am

The Embraer jet is quite spacious and I particularly liked the 2-2 seating. Legroom seemed better than the long-haul widebodies.

I once was served a full dinner on the ground in Shanghai during an air traffic hold to depart. Unfortunately, the "indefinite" delay was quickly cleared up and the crew had to clean up unexpectedly within minutes.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hkskyline
The Embraer jet is quite spacious and I particularly liked the 2-2 seating. Legroom seemed better than the long-haul widebodies.

I once was served a full dinner on the ground in Shanghai during an air traffic hold to depart. Unfortunately, the "indefinite" delay was quickly cleared up and the crew had to clean up unexpectedly within minutes.
That's true. I think the same. The seat config. 2-2 makes the E195 a very comfortable airplane.

If in addition to that, the airline decides to give their passengers a good seat pitch... we are in at an extremely comfortable airplane for short/medium-range flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.