Vienna, Bavaria and a new country

Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some

For years I wanted to go to Vienna again and now it was finally time. I finally booked 6 nights at the Park Hyatt. In addition, a few restaurant reservations, in the star area the Amador, Steiereck and TIAN. As a supplement, there were then 6 nights in the Schloss Elmau.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Park Hyatt Vienna

While I was once in Vienna quite frequently for a while, my visits have recently been limited to the less glamorous airport. Vienna is actually always worth a trip and I have been attracted for years by the fairly new Park Hyatt with its art nouveau elements.
I booked a Diplomat Suite at the Park Hyatt. With points for a premium suite upgrade, this was also priced quite favorably, normally the hotel regularly charges over 2,000.00 per night, for our stay it was 3,000.00 . This reminds us a bit wistfully of the times when 800.00 for a suite at the Imperial was expensive.
The Park Hyatt is located in a former bank building. The location at the Hof is very central, in a few minutes you can be at the Hofburg or St. Stephen's Cathedral.

The back. Our suite was partly behind the frieze of figures (more on that later).

Lobby

Elevator to the meeting spaces
Concerto, Vaclav, dcmike and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 5:02 am

Programs: A* Gold, OW Sapphire, Thalys Platinum, Accor Gold, member of BahnBonus
Originally Posted by offerendum
Steiereck
Have been there in Feburary and enjoyed it very much. Best regards to "Brot-Andi", the bread sommelier, and make sure to try the Blunzn (traditional blood-sausage bread) ... ;-)
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Askartus
Have been there in Feburary and enjoyed it very much. Best regards to "Brot-Andi", the bread sommelier, and make sure to try the Blunzn (traditional blood-sausage bread) ... ;-)
I already visited The bread is indeed great.

Last edited by offerendum; Sep 24, 2022 at 7:49 am
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Park Hyatt Vienna

Now let's get to the most important part, the room. On the homepage, the room categories are described quite precisely with an example floor plan. The Diplomat Suite is supposed to be 95 to 115 square meters. On the homepage, the living room is slightly round, there is a separate office (I usually don't need) and a large bathroom.
You get to the suite via a long hallway.

On the plan you can see that it is already quite a large room.

First, you stand in the foyer. It's actually a bit large. There was a cabinet of decent size here.

The living room looked significantly different from the net, it was quite a long room.

The view went to the Schwarzes Kameel, one could also look into one or the other apartment.

Once shook a little harder on the stuck window.....

The bedroom was actually OK (GF said the bed was a "cot", I thought it was fine).

"Special" was the outlook. If you can still remember the figures from the exterior shot, they are right in front of the window. A good privacy screen without question, but also a 1A darkening and a nice blocker.

The guest toilet. Like the main bathroom, it was a Japanese toilet, but totally impractical to use.

Further basically wasted space and the closet area.

The highlight of the room was the bathroom, which was really big. The view was of the new Rosewood.

Unfortunately, there were also a few shortcomings. A cosmetic mirror was missing (!), the temperature of the bathtub could hardly be adjusted (and not below the boiling point) (some newfangled digital touch concept) and the TV didn't work (doesn't really bother me, I don't use it anyway).
Overall, a nice suite, but if I had paid the required 3,000.00, I would have been less than happy (OK, in Miami and the Caribbean, my expectations are likely to be brought down to earth).
Old Sep 25, 2022, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Park Hyatt SPA

What had particularly interested me was the SPA. It is (as in the de Rome Berlin) the vault, as you can see in the entrance area.

Sauna and steam room

Relaxing area

Pool

A nice area, here the Park Hyatt can really score.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 8:51 pm

Thank you for the report. A very interesting read!
offerendum likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Veganista

Before dinner we went on a little tour around the hotel. Already on the net I had found the Veganista, a praised vegan ice cream parlor.

Let's put it bluntly, what we got was the ultimate crap. Some of the ice cream ended up going into the trash can, barely edible.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The Bank

In the evening we had dinner at the hotel restaurant The Bank. It is very nicely located in the old banking hall. In the end, it is a kind of bistro concept, so really elegant I did not find it now. The service was also rather casual. I would actually like to see a fine dining restaurant in a luxury hotel, but many hotels are not willing to invest in this.

The menu was now not consistently Austrian, more of each something.
Bread (as not uncommon in Austria you have to order and pay for it)

Carrot mango cold dish with shrimp crustini and Greek yogurt

Frensh Onion soup

The photo of my sole Mllerin Art is unfortunately totally blurred, so I can not present it.
Salmon trout with crispy brandale, Vadouvan pea broth and Tahoon cress

Semolina casserole

Sauerrahmschmarrn

The food was overall decent, but nothing that sticks in your mind. The only exception was the Schmarrn, which was top.
Concerto, Vaclav, lamphs and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Breakfast-Buffet

Breakfast was not included for us. In the restaurant there was a buffet in the morning for 42.00 per person, you could also order dishes from a menu. What was offered here was really very neat, even if you hardly "eat off" the 42 euros. But everything was of good quality and the selection was very good.

Concerto, Vaclav, lamphs and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Peterskirche

Near the hotel is St. Peter's Church.

Concerto, Vaclav and lamphs like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

St. Michael

On the way to the Hofburg we stopped at St. Michael.

Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Silberkammer

In the Hofburg we first visited the Silberkammer.

Connected to the Silver Chamber are the Sisi Museum and the Imperial Apartments. Photography is prohibited in both. The Sisi Museum is not the total hit from my point of view, the apartments are very worth seeing.
Concerto, Vaclav and lamphs like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Kaiserliche Schatzkammer Wien

Next we went to the Imperial Treasury. Here lie the crown jewels and all sorts of other treasures.

Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Nationalbibliothek

Unfortunately, that was nothing.....
lamphs likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.