Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

SFO-ATH 34 Hour Survival on QR J Return & Al Mourjan: Deep Dive Athens During Covid

SFO-ATH 34 Hour Survival on QR J Return & Al Mourjan: Deep Dive Athens During Covid

Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Awesome TR and photos! Greece looks very nice. I also had not left the country for 18 months, and that first big trip post covid shut down really hits different.

Originally Posted by allset2travel
It is true that Journey Matters No Less than Destination. This journey on 4 QR flights and the outstanding destinations of Athens and the islands almost made up for the lack of travel for the last 18 months.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by GregWTravels
Thanks for the trip report. It's been great to follow along.

I always hate having to repack at the airport. I always take my time to maximise my space (or, perhaps more appropriately, minimise the size and amount of luggage I am taking), so everything is always packed carefully.
Thank you for following this TR.
Yes, I share your methodology in terms of packing for travel.
T5 at LHR reminds me as being the worst in terms of security check. Sometimes my backpack went through human check once and machine check twice!
Old Jul 23, 2022, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by incognitoMD
Awesome TR and photos! Greece looks very nice. I also had not left the country for 18 months, and that first big trip post covid shut down really hits different.
Thank you, glad you enjoyed the TR.

Well, we need to live with the virus. It is time to get back to travel again! Safe trips!
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
When was your trip? My search on Hilton.com came up with zero hotels.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
My trip was last fall. I also noticed that Hilton Athens had a new owner months after my stay. Now it will be Conrad & some upscale condos.

UPDATE: Hilton Athens Converted To Conrad By 2024 (Closes January 31) - LoyaltyLobby

The Hilton Athens to change owner - English | Hospitality ON (hospitality-on.com)
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
My bad.

It was first mentioned up thread in Post #9 & #11 by David55. He has another link in Post #11 regarding the re-flagging of Hilton.
Personally, I hate to see it leave and become a more upscale Conrad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.