Tenerife is the new Bermuda!?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2021, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by noniron
Jeepers, not keen on that pinky/orange paint colour on the external walls, it looks a bit harsh.
I wouldn't paint my house like this, but some way it fits on the island
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by HawaiiFlyerDC8
interesting. Looking forward to more. Now let me look up where Tenerife actually is. I think its Spanish? Let me check.
In the Canary Islands, part of Spain
Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:08 am

What is that big land mass to the right? Is that Africa?
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

RC Abama - Improving its facilities

At our oaarival there was a big surprise. We knew in advance the 2 star restaurant M.B. and the 1 star restaurant Kabuki will be closed. But we didnīt know the RC will make everything nicer for future guests. In fact the way to the Villas were a big construction site which also meant that we didnīt get a buggy to drive around on the resort grounds. Doesnīt it look beautiful?

At night there were of course no light on the street, but who needs more than the iphone light?
OK! Of course a closed car is much safer than the open air train. Could also be an issue of the construction site. The road to the Villas is a public road, everyone can use it with the car.

I was a little disapointed I didnīt get this beautiful room. Very private and construction-entertainment all day. And if Iīm right it was occupied.

Of course there are already plants. I guess this one will be the proud of Abama.
lamphs and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

RC-Abama - Citadel II

Before you get me wrong, even as the hotel is huge itīs a nice property. Here some pictures from the main building.

Also nice at night

Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

RC Abama - Garden

Beside a golf course there are gardens which are very nice. Letīs start with the playground.

Many dislike the bana-plantages around, I find them cool.

Many flowers and plants.

And not to forget: The beautiful views

lamphs and madmanshoney like this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

RC Abama - Main pool

The main pool is located at the Citadel.

As villa guest you are allowed to us one of the 4 Villa pools. I tried the main pool once, but if you read my report about the Villa pool later you will understand, why it was a 1 time experience. The main pool was quite crowded and there is only limited service.
lamphs and roadwarrier like this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

RC Abama - Villa Pool

I told you about the 4 villa pools. There are 4 rows of "villas" and each has its own pool. While every villa guest is allowed to use the pools of row 2, 3 and 4 the pool of row 1 is adult only. I didnīt see the pools of row 2 and 3, this is row 4 with a table tennis plate.

At row 2 is a small outdoor fitness canter you can see from the road. As you had to cross the construction site I didnīt take a closer look.
The pool at our row (1) is located at the El Mirador restaurant. There is also located the villa lounge with snacks from 4 to 5 and a cocktail hour from 5 to 6. We tried the snacks once and got this.

Less is nothing, more a marketing-gag than a lounge.
The pool was the best visited of the 4, there was a special area reserved to guests of row 1. The views are without question the best.

Through the day you got small snacks (chips, nuts), drinks (softdrinks, beer cava) and from time to time they came around with small bites.

The pool was even attractive at night

We liked the villa pool a lot and if you stay at the Villas (which is a no brainer in my eyes) you have no reason to visit the main pool. The villa pool with its service is definitively top notch and a strong reason to stay at the resort.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

RC Abama Txoko

First evening we decided to have dinner at Txoko. If you like to reserve a restaurant you must do it over their stay-app or in person. The stay-app is fine for breakfast, but even as it recognises you as guest you can only reserve a table for dinner if you give them your credit-card. Really????? Unacceptable in my eyes.
Txoko is located beside the main pool. First we got bread.

3 types of fish-tatar.

Fried squid

Catch of the day with risotto

Octopus with potatoes

Side dishes
s
Rice pudding

Everything was tasty, but with around 140,00 € not to cheap.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

RC Abama - Sunsets

The sunsets were one of the highlights at the Abama. They are hard to put on a picture, but I tried.

Old Oct 3, 2021, 6:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Sorry, I don't want to sound like a smart***
-> But booking a Business Class fare with Condor out of Düsseldorf is a recipe for disaster.
As the Boeing 767-300ER is not based in DUS, a last-minute aircraft downgauge (to a 757) is always a given.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
Sorry, I don't want to sound like a smart***
-> But booking a Business Class fare with Condor out of Düsseldorf is a recipe for disaster.
As the Boeing 767-300ER is not based in DUS, a last-minute aircraft downgauge (to a 757) is always a given.
You pay for a chance. Also if I would fly Eurowings I would also pay for the free middle seat and with additional luggage (60 kg + checked hand luggage was tough) it would be quite the same price (around 600 per person). There arenīt really better alternatives. Best alternative is (as I did over many years) in normal times to skip destinations in the middle range without proper connections.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 10:12 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
The grounds look great (apart from the construction stuff), but I wouldn't last five minutes with a garish pinky-red hotel building. Ugh!

And the food at Txoko looks appalling for $140, indeed for half that price. Glad it tasted OK, though.
offerendum and hugolover like this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1P
The grounds look great (apart from the construction stuff), but I wouldn't last five minutes with a garish pinky-red hotel building. Ugh!

And the food at Txoko looks appalling for $140, indeed for half that price. Glad it tasted OK, though.
Itīs not that pink in reality, more like clay color.
Txoko wasnīt the best (open) restaurant, but also not the worst. Wait until you see Verona
Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

RC Abama - Beach

The beach is not really a private beach, itīs public. So many people walk the street at the villas down to it.

For hotel guests there is an elevatorr to the beach, but it was closed (without any notice). Alternative was walking or taking the hotel bus.

At the beach there is a part with sunloungers (free for hotel guests) and a public part. You were always asked if you are a hotel guest, sometimes they checked room numbers. We got towells and water, other drinks must be paid. There is also a beach club which is a regular restaurant. During the day there is a lifeguard.

The beach itself has fine sand and some barrier calms down the Atlantic.

It was mentionworth some women always went topless, it seems to be popular (no, I didnīt take pictures)
There are also some natural pools.

The beach ist "hardware wise" without question very nice, itīs easily swimable. GF found it to rough and cold, I thought it was fine.
I will later post some underwater pictures.
lamphs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.