Reload this Page >

A SoCal Thanksgiving - The OC, San Diego, Catalina, Amtrak, Private Helicopter

A SoCal Thanksgiving - The OC, San Diego, Catalina, Amtrak, Private Helicopter

Old Dec 2, 2020, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
After reading along on your website I'm coming to your house for Thanksgiving next year, those meals looked delicious!
LOL. Thanks so much wakesetter93.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 10:56 pm

Beautiful photos and especially appreciate your San Diego area photos.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 12:16 am

Fun report exploring southern California. I'm sure you're familiar with ARC's other location in Newport on the peninsula. Whenever I'm out and about without a mask and get hungry, that's my stop!
Old Jan 23, 2021, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Ive seen a few Amtrak video trip reports recently and its always struck me how utilitarian and dated the carriage interiors are, even if accommodations are quite roomy. That being said, I'd like to experience a long distance Amtrak ride.

Great idea to scout out your trip in advance. San Diego looks like a very pleasant city - a warmer Vancouver!

Who does the cooking in your house SFO777? The breakfast in particular looked great!
Old Jan 24, 2021, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bowdenj
Beautiful photos and especially appreciate your San Diego area photos.
Thank you very much bowdenj.

Originally Posted by mrfussion
Fun report exploring southern California. I'm sure you're familiar with ARC's other location in Newport on the peninsula. Whenever I'm out and about without a mask and get hungry, that's my stop!
Thanks mrfussion. We haven't tried the Newport ARC, as Costa Mesa is just more convenient for us.

Originally Posted by Genius1
I’ve seen a few Amtrak video trip reports recently and it’s always struck me how utilitarian and dated the carriage interiors are, even if accommodations are quite roomy. That being said, I'd like to experience a long distance Amtrak ride. Great idea to scout out your trip in advance. San Diego looks like a very pleasant city - a warmer Vancouver! Who does the cooking in your house SFO777? The breakfast in particular looked great!
Thanks so much Genius1. Yeah, those Amtrak interiors are stuck in the 80s. I guess when you lose $5B a year, style takes a back seat.

Mrs. SFO777 is a trained chef and does most of the cooking at home, although I do the outdoor grilling and am really starting to enjoy spending weekend hours in the kitchen trying to re-create recipes from some of our favorites chefs' cook books.

Les Coquillettes la Truffe from Alain Ducasse...

Couscous With Paprika and Spiced Meatballs, also Alain Ducasse.

Bobby Flay's Red Chile-Rubbed Salmon with Toasted Corn Vinaigrette...

Bobby Flay's Jerked Chicken (marinated for 24 hours) with Mango-Cilantro Relish and Barbecue Red Onions...

Duck Fat Red Roasted Potatoes with garlic from Joel Robuchon...

Et voila.

Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SFO777
Mrs. SFO777 is a trained chef and does most of the cooking at home, although I do the outdoor grilling and am really starting to enjoy spending weekend hours in the kitchen trying to re-create recipes from some of our favorites chefs' cook books.
Has Mrs. SFO777 considered partnering with Uber Eats or similar? Also, just to advise I am available to sample dishes and provide promotional coverage through my own trip reports.
SFO777 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Gold), UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
That all looks fantastic!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.