Reload this Page >

Canada to Brazil in United First and Polaris

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canada to Brazil in United First and Polaris

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
Thanks for the Trip Report
Old Sep 7, 2020, 2:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Great start - thank you!! Would like to read about your experiences on Azul.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Seconded.

Also interested in experience in Brazil r/n. Considering a couple of weeks towards the end of the year.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by leoo
Yes but I'm crazy for cheese. I understand most people wouldn't like it.
My 5-year old nephew says: "Don't like it" lol
Old Nov 18, 2020, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Originally Posted by tr3k
Seconded.
Also interested in experience in Brazil r/n. Considering a couple of weeks towards the end of the year.
Got back home, in Canada, a couple of days ago. Had a great time in Brazil and I'm hoping to return soon for another trip.
I followed normal covid precautions and didn't catch it during my 77-day trip - I was tested a few days before my departure because the airline required a negative test. I had the antibodies test (just out of curiosity) and it also came back negative.

- I visited 12 cities, most of them flying with Azul (17 segments in total).
- Life feels almost normal there, most places were open and people adapted to the situation.
- Widespread mask wearing and hand sanitizer available everywhere.
- Very cheap Uber rides with excellent availability.

A few impressions about Azul:
- It's a low cost airline so don't expect business class on domestic flights, only seats with more legroom (Espaco Azul).
- 16 out my 17 flights were on time or early.
- Azul matches your status from several airlines for a few months (look for "TudoAzul Challenge" for more information).
- Status can get you free checked bags, priority check-in, priority boarding, free seat selection and priority baggage delivery (didn't have much luck with that though).
- They offer a free snack on every flight, when deplaning (so people won't remove their masks to eat during the flight).
- Several nonstop flights were modified and a connection was added, usually in VCP (their base and main hub). The situation might improve because there's more demand now.
- VCP is a nice airport but it doesn't have a lounge in the domestic terminal, which was disappointing.
- Very friendly crew.

Hotels:
- Great prices and promotions.
- Most have returned with regular buffets for breakfast (you have to wear mask and gloves though). Some have buffets where you ask someone (you don't touch anything) and other hotels deliver breakfast in your room.
- Most had a low occupation. I shared the elevator with other people in very few occasions.
- Most required a temperature check and health declaration at check-in.

This is just a quick summary but just ask if you have any questions. I absolutely recommend Brazil at the moment, just take covid and safety precautions.
I didn't even mind Azul adding connections to my flights because I missed flying, after several months grounded.

And because I'm not an American citizen, I couldn't fly back to Canada with United so I used some miles that were about to expire and flew Qatar qsuites back home. I know, it was a crazy route but totally worth it

zip10001 and tr3k like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.