Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Stunning tarmac views - HNL to LAX - Quick hop in Main cabin extra on American

Old Jun 14, 20, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Business/First is obviously great for long trips. But for short hops of around 5 hours, Economy will do me just fine and I am happy to make the saving. This is a short hop in exit row economy (Main Cabin Extra) on American Airlines, from Honolulu Hawaii to Los Angeles. I always find the AA intercon crews incredibly lively and polite and today was no exception.

Few snaps in Honolulu

Few snaps in Honolulu

We were lucky enough to see some F-22s behind us in the takeoff queue and also got some fabulous views of the Waikiki beach and Diamond Head State Monument. The weather is simply heavenly, with exaggerated rays of sun shining through the cloud. The sky looks painted.

F-22 Raptors - (I think!)

Tarmac views

Tarmac views

HNL

A big benefit of being Oneworld Sapphire/British Airways Silver is that Main Cabin Extra seats are free to select on Main Cabin tickets (but not Basic Economy tickets).
I payed cash for this trip but in a later trip I paid only 8.80($10) + 25000 Airmiles for Kona to Los Angeles.

Who doesn't love a biscoff?

Art in the HNL terminal
Old Jun 14, 20, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Great TR / looking forward to it!
i love Biscoff so much. Safeway stores (Albertsons) have both the cookies and their ice creams! The ice cream is on sale and it’s interestingly SOFT compared to other ice creams like Haagen daaz.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: