Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Nine Days in South Africa (20 to 28 February 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nine Days in South Africa (20 to 28 February 2020)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 1:47 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Originally Posted by chongsss
Thanks GregWTravels. I enjoyed your recent trip report to USGP as well. Have you ever visited Singapore during GP?
Yes, in fact. I went in 2015 to see the Grand Prix, and then visit friends in KL. Great time. I'd love to go back to Singapore for another visit sometime.
Old May 20, 2020, 11:11 am

Thanks for the excellent report and pics.

The lionesses at the water hole being my favourite.

I visited SA in 2018 as well, and really enjoyed it. Went to Victoria Falls/Botswana as a side trip: I can recommend the latter for it's incredible number of elephants.
Old May 21, 2020, 1:51 am

Thank you for a great TR and the lovely pictures. Showed it to the Mrs who got a little emotional remembering our visits and hoping the the upcoming one to Cape town and Knysna this November will go ahead.
Old May 21, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Thank you for this report. I was supposed to visit SA for the first time in April. We've now rescheduled for Oct-Nov which I hope will work out. I'll definitely be looking more into some of your recommendations, particularly in the wine country and along the coast.
Old May 22, 2020, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
A great report on a wonderful trip to our favourite country! Thank you for your efforts in posting!
Old May 23, 2020, 3:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
What a fantastic trip report. We're due to travel there this christmas for our honeymoon, but now not sure if that is happening.
Old May 24, 2020, 11:45 pm

A great trip to South Africa, [b]chongsss[/b[.
Old May 25, 2020, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines Krisflyer
Originally Posted by GregWTravels
Yes, in fact. I went in 2015 to see the Grand Prix, and then visit friends in KL. Great time. I'd love to go back to Singapore for another visit sometime.
That's great to hear. It seems that Singapore GP is totally off the F1 calendar (if it resumes) this year though.

Originally Posted by kalderlake
Thanks for the excellent report and pics.

The lionesses at the water hole being my favourite.

I visited SA in 2018 as well, and really enjoyed it. Went to Victoria Falls/Botswana as a side trip: I can recommend the latter for it's incredible number of elephants.
Thanks kalderlake. Botswana is definitely a place that we are keen to visit.

Originally Posted by bigbadjoe
Thank you for a great TR and the lovely pictures. Showed it to the Mrs who got a little emotional remembering our visits and hoping the the upcoming one to Cape town and Knysna this November will go ahead.
Thanks bigbadjoe. Fingers crossed for your November trip.

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Thank you for this report. I was supposed to visit SA for the first time in April. We've now rescheduled for Oct-Nov which I hope will work out. I'll definitely be looking more into some of your recommendations, particularly in the wine country and along the coast.
Thanks mattp1987. Fingers crossed for your trip as well. You all will enjoy South Africa.

Originally Posted by T8191
A great report on a wonderful trip to our favourite country! Thank you for your efforts in posting!
Thanks T8191. It's not difficult to see why South Africa is the favourite country for so many people. Your trip reports are excellent too.

Originally Posted by kosy91
What a fantastic trip report. We're due to travel there this christmas for our honeymoon, but now not sure if that is happening.
Thanks kosy91. Hope that you all are able to travel to South Africa this Christmas. You all will enjoy it regardless of time of visit.

Originally Posted by DanielW
A great trip to South Africa, chongsss.
Thanks DanielW. We really enjoyed our time in South Africa. Originally I was planning to re-create your trip with visit to both Eswatini and Lesotho but in the end, Phinda's offer was too good to refuse.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 8:14 am

Thanks for the report. The &Beyond lodges are excellent. I didn’t realise they offered an industry rate. Was it a lot better than the rack rate?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines Krisflyer
Originally Posted by danielribo
Thanks for the report. The &Beyond lodges are excellent. I didn’t realise they offered an industry rate. Was it a lot better than the rack rate?
Thanks danielribo. The rate that I got from &Beyond was indeed a lot better than the rack rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.