Wiki Posts
Search

Business/First Class during COVID

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2020, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AMEX, MARRIOTT, ANA, UAL, CHASE
Business/First Class during COVID

Has anyone flown business or first class during the current COVID crisis? How much was service scaled back?
Old May 14, 2020, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by 1dream
Has anyone flown business or first class during the current COVID crisis? How much was service scaled back?
I flew intl F and J transpac in late March. The planes were very sparsely populated. I had F all to myself. The Star Alliance F lounge was also empty except for my family.

Service and meals seemed normal on planes at that time.
Old May 14, 2020, 12:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by 1dream
A friend of mine flew LHR-ORD in BA J in March 25, basically because it was the only award ticket available.

She had the entire upper deck 747 cabin to herself and said that the crew were excellent and did their very best to make her comfortable.

The business class service, however, was non-existent. No hot food, only a small sandwich in a plastic box. No alcohol, although the coffee was decent.

To be honest, with no lounges, no catering and the tiny load factors, I really don't see any point at all in flying J or F. You're probably better off asleep across an empty row in Y.

​​​​
Old May 14, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: QF, HH
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
...To be honest, with no lounges, no catering and the tiny load factors, I really don't see any point at all in flying J or F. You're probably better off asleep across an empty row in Y.
​​​​
Or charter the whole aircraft, which is almost what happened to these four passengers: https://simpleflying.com/air-new-zealand-4-passengers/
The_Bouncer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.