Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Trip Report: Vistara Business Class Hyderabad (HYD) - Mumbai (BOM)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2020, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Hello everybody, this is the first time I am posting a trip report on here and I think you guys are going to find my TR for short-haul Vistara business class interesting.

I post all my TRs on my blog, you can find the full review (with lots of pictures) of this flight over there as well, and here’s a link to the article: Vistara A320 business class - Review.

I took this flight while returning to Mumbai from Hyderabad and, I upgraded the original booking of premium economy to business for the return leg.

Flight: UK876
Hyderabad (HYD) - Mumbai Terminal 2 (BOM)
Date: March 18, 2020
Departure: 21:35
Arrival: 22:55
Aircraft: Airbus A320
Seat: 2D
Cabin: Business Class

I arrived at HYD airport at 7 pm for my 9:35 pm flight. I had some time to spare after clearing check-in and security so I headed to Plaza Premium Lounge.

I was greeted by the group of flight attendants at the front gate and made my way to the seat. The issue with this flight was that there was only one entrance and all the passengers passed through the business cabin, which took away from the feeling of luxury and exclusivity.

Vistara has 8 business class seats on the A320, spread across two rows in a 2-2 configuration, which are divided from the economy by a bulkhead. Seat pitch for business class seats was 41”, so these seats were comfortable. I assigned myself seat 2D, the aisle seat on the right side in the second row.

My seat had a recline of 7”, extendable leg rest, and height-adjustable headrest with wings, which made the seat comfortable enough for a short-haul flight. There isn’t much difference in leg space between the front row and the second row.

The flight was mostly empty due to the covid-19 scare at the time. I took this flight when the virus was still starting to show its effects in India and for your information I am absolutely fine. Most of the economy and premium economy was free as well. There were only three passengers in business class, which meant that I could have the window seat as well to myself.

The flight took off earlier than the scheduled time. I asked for the multigrain vegetable crepe but I was told that somebody had already ordered that. So I instead ordered the Indian preparation, paneer tikka masala. When the food was served I was surprised to see that I was handed the multigrain vegetable crepe, which I had originally asked for.

The crepes were very hot when they were served, so I had to wait for a couple of minutes before I could dive in, they tasted just average but the red sauce made it better. Stuffed paratha was my choice of bread and it was fresh and tasted very nice as well. The salad tasted like it was freshly cut. Gulab jamun was a bit of a disappointment, I would have liked it softer and warmer. I was served mango juice along with dinner.

After the meal I enquired about the mocktails that were listed on the menu. I was told that the signature mocktails weren’t served on short-duration flights because it takes time to prepare the drink and that way they can’t attend all the customers. Although there is an apology mentioned on the menu, I felt that if that’s the case then the airline shouldn’t list it.

There was no infotainment screen in this business class, you can use Vistara world in-flight entertainment by connecting to the wireless network onboard. You can only use the Vistara world app and vistaraworld.com site on this network.

Summing up:
Other than the noisy engine (to which my ears became immune) and some turbulence midway, the flight was comfortable and pleasant.

The crew was very warm in their approach and went above and beyond to make sure I received the food of my choice, which was nice as well. Overall I had a very good experience with Vistara on this short-haul business class. The crew wore protective gear during the flight, which kept me feeling safe and comfy throughout.

I’m now looking forward to flying Vistara’s new Dreamliner business class as soon as possible!
lamphs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.