Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

[VIDEO] TAP Portugal A321neo | Lisbon - Vienna | Economy XTRA (free upgrade tip!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[VIDEO] TAP Portugal A321neo | Lisbon - Vienna | Economy XTRA (free upgrade tip!)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Please follow the link to the video:

REVIEW:

After trying TAP Portugal's economy product recently (which I found pretty disappointing), I decided to upgrade my return ticket, but when I got to the airport, I checked on TAP Portugal's app and what I realized was that every single seat got unblocked and I could change my seat for economy extra without any charge! It was less than two hours before departure, so I guess that's the time they normally do it. I was really happy I managed to upgrade my class without paying extra

FLIGHT DETAILS:
✈ Airline: TAP Portugal
✈ Aircraft: Airbus A321neo
✈ Seat: 10E
✈ Class: Economy Xtra
✈ Route: Lisbon (LIS) - Vienna (VIE)
✈ Date: November 2019

1. Getting to the airport

Lisbon International Airport is located near the city center and one of the subway's lines gets there, so it's really convenient and cheap to get straight to departure terminal.

2. Check-in

TAP Portugal handle their operations in terminal 2, which is the most comfortable out there. It has big food court and plenty of stores. Personal control area seems to be crowded with long line ahead of you, but it is later divided into few shorter lines heading to different counters. Employees were polite and they didn't force me to get every single lens and batteries out of my camera bag, which I always appreciate

3. Boarding

Boarding started on time. There were no boarding groups, just one line.

4. Comfort, food and in-flight service.

As an economy xtra passenger, I got plenty of legroom (standard 32", but I got emergency exit row, which gets even 10" more and there are only two seats per side). That felt like flying business class. Seat recline was proper and headrests were adjustable. We were served with economy xtra meal (I was surprised, because of the way I "upgraded" I didn't expect higher class meal), which consisted of turkey sandwich, cheese, crackers, sweet bite and free drink (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic). Cabin crew took good care of passengers, offering blankets and pillows as it got dark.

5. IFE and Wi-Fi

There is no IFE and Wi-Fi.

6. Overall

After my previous flight with TAP Portugal in economy seat, I felt like changing into business class! I got everything I could expect from regular carrier. Warm meal would be a nice add-on, but TAP is not a 5-star airline and the flight was only 3h15mins, so sandwich with some sides is totally enough. I got lucky to get this upgrade for free. I am not sure what the regular price is, but I know the only way to feel little bit better than in low-cost carrier is to book economy xtra seat.

Thank you for your time!

Kris

Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I think TAP feed everyone in economy even on short haul.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Only with a really small snack (pack of chips on my flight, which was 3h30mins).
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:45 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by kriskarch
Only with a really small snack (pack of chips on my flight, which was 3h30mins).
Correct: regular Economy - something (very) small to eat plus a drink (including wine) - I think if you go to the galley and ask for more drinks they will oblige
Economy X - proper meal plus a drink
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Correct: regular Economy - something (very) small to eat plus a drink (including wine) - I think if you go to the galley and ask for more drinks they will oblige
Economy X - proper meal plus a drink
You are right about drinks - sorry I didn't mention it
Economy X - on my flight it was "only" a sandwich, which still is fine for me, but hot meal would be a good add-on for a higher class.

Cheers,
Kris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.