Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

So this is Qatar Airways? UK-South Africa with QR (and a bit of BA).

So this is Qatar Airways? UK-South Africa with QR (and a bit of BA).

Old Dec 24, 19, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Glad you enjoyed the read! And, yes, I have not given up writing TRs ... it’s become a habit, although it gets harder when (usually) doing the same things to the same places! However, a new Country/Airport/Destination on the agenda at the end of February, and I hope I can do it justice!

And a very Happy Christmas to you and yours.
Old Dec 27, 19, 4:44 am

Programs: EK Plat
Another great TP. But, Uncle T, you are far too British. That overflow Bidvest lounge is just too awful, particularly for smokers. Just tell them you are happy to take your chances finding a seat, and continue up the stairs!!! Works every time!
Old Dec 27, 19, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by gillyd22 View Post
Another great TP. But, Uncle T, you are far too British. That overflow Bidvest lounge is just too awful, particularly for smokers. Just tell them you are happy to take your chances finding a seat, and continue up the stairs!!! Works every time!
Hi, gillyd22

Our fault for flying non-BA, at the outset! However, point noted for the future ... although frankly we preferred to be in the smoking lounge anyway, topping up our levels before the long flog home!

As noted upthread, I'm looking at getting the return leg added to our 2-4-1 booking within the next 3 days ... although it seems only LHR available as an option for Dec 20. Perhaps the LGW Winter schedules haven't been finalised yet? I wish we could get BA to LGW on the 2-4-1, and avoid the tedious journey round the M25/M23 between LHR and LGW.

EDIT: Return sector (to LGW) successfully added 30 Dec 19. ^

Last edited by T8191; Dec 30, 19 at 8:20 am
Old Dec 30, 19, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
An enjoyable read as always and your photos of SA hotels have whet my appetite!

Glad you enjoyed your QR experience.
T8191 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: