Wiki Posts
Search

A Weekend in the Canadian Rockies: Banff National Park

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 757
Amazing photos. I visited Banff in 2001 and loved it as well. Lake Louise was amazing - love the view from above. As usual, a great report!
Thanks! The view was certainly amazing, well worth the hike.

Originally Posted by sl00001
Amazing pictures!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Carq
Jasper and Banff parks are my favourite places in the world. Even mediocre photographers can get good pictures there, but the good photographers, as you, go above and beyond.
Thanks. It definitely doesn't take a lot of skill to get a good shot in Banff given the scenery!

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
Those were some of the best pics ever to grace this site. Amazing.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by adampenrith
Incredible photos - returning to Canada is on my to do list - Vancouver is all I have done, just stunning
Banff is certainly worth it, though I hear Vancouver is quite beautiful as well.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by airoli
Fantastic pictures, thanks a lot! You got lucky with the weather it seems. Sadly, it was overcast and grey when I went a few years ago...
Thanks. Overcast seems to be the norm there, but I imagine the scenery makes up for it.

Originally Posted by DanielW
Beautiful photos, ChiefNWA. The mirror flat and blue lake water looks so photogenic.

Good spotting with the bear and train too.
Thanks DanielW! I certainly got lucky with that train.

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
Brilliant photos. Been through there a few times and your pics capture it in an amazing fashion.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by hkskyline
This part of Canada sure has some stunning scenery!
Indeed it does! I didn't even see most of Yoho or any of Jasper either.

Originally Posted by TheFlyingDoctor
Wonderful photography, thanks for sharing! Banff (with a side tour to Lake Louise) was my first visit to North America, and seeing these I'm clearly overdue a return...
What a great introduction to North America but I'm afraid you'd be spoiled after that lol.

Originally Posted by HLT1904
Fantastic photography, thank you for sharing.
Thanks

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
There is nothing more Canadian than the views and hikes that you have completed.

If it makes you feel better, I recently had a photo radar ticket outside of Melbourne, Australia for 106 km/h in a 100 km/h zone. The revenue grab is pretty consistent around the world (laughing).
LOL money grab indeed. I honestly would've shown up in court since I can fly standby if it weren't weekdays only. Not worth taking the day off...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.