Wiki Posts
Search

Ethiopian Airlines HKG to BKK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2019, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Ethiopian Airlines HKG to BKK

This was an airline I was not familiar with at all - but then, the flight was part of an award ticket and the timing meshed with what I needed so decided to go for it. J class, I was flying in from EWR on Polaris and then connecting on ET609.

Used the United club lounge in HKG. Both showers were out of order. Regular standard bathrooms. Regular lounge food. Served its purpose for the 2 hrs - strong wifi and loads of cappuccino to keep away jet lag.

Boarding for the flight was at 9:55p and I reached the gate around 9:30. Boarding was announced, but not in English / I figured out it was time for boarding when there was an announcement and people started lining up.

The business class cabin was the newer cabin with only 3 other passengers. PDB was freshly squeezed OJ or water. The flight was going from HKG - BKK - Addis Abbaba so the menu was broken down in two different sections.

The coffee they served at the end was delicious.

Service was attentive, flight attendants were very polite and helpful and had wonderful smiles. All in all - an uneventful flight and we got into Bangkok right on time.

Appetizer. Tuna was a tad dry but not bad at all.

Roasted basa fillet with pasta in garlic butter. A winner. Fish was moist, pasta a bit over cooked but the taste was very good and I enjoyed it.

This was something I could have skipped. Mango sago pudding - I could not really taste the mango and the pudding was a bit too dense and tasteless for my liking.
Air Rarotonga likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:45 am

They also used to have another qwerky 5th freedom HKG-NRT on their Dreamliner.
Desirees likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
I have used them several times and found them to be fine. I may just try them end November to Moscow - seems like a new route.
Desirees likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: hahaha
Thanks for posting.

I'm on the ICN-NRT fifth freedom this January and this is a good reference on what to expect!
Desirees likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Interesting it wasn't all plopped down on one tray like all their other flights of this length. I wonder if, it being a tag flight, that's why it gets the more formal service of plates directly on the table cloth. I have never experienced that on any ET flight. Usually, it's friendly, but a rushed plop down of a tray and wine pours into teensy thimbles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.