Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

North for the Fourth-Greenland, Iceland, & Canada including cockpit jumpseat SFJ-GOH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

North for the Fourth-Greenland, Iceland, & Canada including cockpit jumpseat SFJ-GOH

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Excellent report, thanks for sharing ! I would love to go there too. Mind asking how much you paid for the intra-greenland and flight to get there from Iceland ?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Amazing report and pictures. Given that flight costs vary depending on where you start out, can you give me some idea of the costs once you arrived in Greenland?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks Daniel - I enjoyed looking at your trip to Kangerlussuaq before I left!

Last edited by Ian Michael Berry; Aug 30, 2019 at 11:36 am
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DanielW
An awesome trip, Ian Michael Berry. Kayaking at Ilulissat must have been amazing.

Love the Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc at Restaurant Roklubben too.
Thanks Daniel - I enjoyed reading your Greenland report before I left!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lhrpete
Amazing report and pictures. Given that flight costs vary depending on where you start out, can you give me some idea of the costs once you arrived in Greenland?
Greenland wasn't cheap. My basic (private hostel-type room, shared bath) accommodations in Ilulissat were over $100 per night. Ditto for Kangerlussuaq although the hostel is nicer. Food was about the same cost as other expensive Scandinavian countries - $20-$30 for a simple meal. Beers were close to $10 apiece. If you wanted to stay at a four star hotel in Ilulissat I would bank of $350 per night plus.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Awesome trip report, thank you for sharing!

I rode in a jump seat once - it is about the greatest treat an AVGeek can have. It's really cool they invited you to join them ^^
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by palmanfr
Excellent report, thanks for sharing ! I would love to go there too. Mind asking how much you paid for the intra-greenland and flight to get there from Iceland ?
I got a single ticket for KEF-JAV-SFJ-GOH-KEF. It was about $1,400 on Google Flights, which directed me to Cheapoair. None of the other usual online travel agencies (Expedia, Orbitz, etc.) even showed the ticket. I t tried Air Greenland direct but it was considerably more expensive than what Google Flights showed. Cheapoair ended up being fine but I had to call them and walk them through my itinerary because it did not work online. All Dash 8 flights on Air Greeland are open seating and they don't charge for bags. I was able to download the Air Greenland app and my ticket showed up on it about a month before my flight.
uncleflori likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
What an absolutely amazing trip! Despite every country Greenland is still on my list....and this has me thinking next summer might finally be the time. Thanks for sharing!
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
What an amazing looking trip with great photos. Thank you for sharing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.