Search

Cabo San Lucas and The Resort at Pedregal via Alaska (VX) First

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Thanks for this SFO777. I'm actually gearing up for a half long weekend, half mileage run to Cabo next month. Nothing like JFK-MEX-SJD r/t to rack up the Delta MQMs on a cheap fare, topped off with an AM redeye MEX-JFK! Still don't know where I'm staying but I'm sure it won't be as lux as your weekend. Those machines are a god send, MEX has long been a cluster f... I'm not sure the full list of countries that can use them, but Canadian citizens can as well. I used them earlier this year connecting in MEX.
Thanks very much krazykanuck, and the info on those kiosks. Will definitely try them next time. Enjoy Cabo, but it's going to be HOT in September. Hotel concierge told me that September was typically the hottest month of the year.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:58 pm

The Resort at Pedregal looks absolutely gorgeous and a wonderful getaway; will add to my list. The immigration clusterF upon arrival, not so much.
Thanks for sharing SFO777
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:55 pm

Thanks for sharing this short trip report.

Great photos of the beach and the sea
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benjahman
The Resort at Pedregal looks absolutely gorgeous and a wonderful getaway; will add to my list. The immigration clusterF upon arrival, not so much.
Thanks for sharing SFO777
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Thanks for sharing this short trip report. Great photos of the beach and the sea
Thanks so much benjahman and SQTraveller.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:28 pm

Awesome resort, and a great TR! Thank you!
Old Jun 11, 2020, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for this brief report SFO777. I never did like aircraft configured without a proper bulkhead to block the forward galley - those purple translucent panels look quite tacky. AS’s catering looks very weak (notably small portion sizes), although legroom in those ex-VX seats is good.

The Resort looks like a fairly unique setting, although I agree the rooms are a little dated. That kind of heat wouldn't agree with me either, but glad you had a good time celebrating your friend's birthday.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
Thanks for this brief report SFO777. I never did like aircraft configured without a proper bulkhead to block the forward galley - those purple translucent panels look quite tacky. AS’s catering looks very weak (notably small portion sizes), although legroom in those ex-VX seats is good.

The Resort looks like a fairly unique setting, although I agree the rooms are a little dated. That kind of heat wouldn't agree with me either, but glad you had a good time celebrating your friend's birthday.
Thank you Genius1. Yeah, that Cabo summer heat is really oppressive. Can't imagine going back at that time of the year.
Genius1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.