From the Great Plains to the Gulf Coast

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels

Tour of Duty 5th June 2019 to 9th July 2019
Part III: 15th June to 18th June

I awoke on Saturday 15th June in Independence, Kansas and the weather was windy but clearing after overnight rain and thunderstorms. I headed over to the shipper and got the keys to the truck and loaded my gear into the truck then I did the safety inspection. I dropped off the rental car and walked back to the truck and was good to go.

Trip: Independence, KS to Corpus Christi, TX 750 paid miles
Make: 2020 International
Model: Box Truck
Transmission: Automatic
Route: US75 to Oklahoma 11 to Interstate 244 to Interstate 44 to US75 to US270 to US69 to US75 to US82 to Interstate 35 to Interstate 35W to Interstate 35 to Interstate 410 to Interstate 37 to Texas 358
Maximum elevation: unknown
Highest diesel price USA: 2.799$ per gallon at Akas Independence, KS
Lowest diesel price USA: 2.599$ per gallon at QT Alvarado, TX

I headed south on US75 and stopped in Bartlesville and ate at Rib Crib. I took on fuel in Tulsa and rejoined US75 to continue my southbound journey. I saw a rainbow south of Tulsa but north of Okmulgee near Winchester, OK. There was some rain in that area but nothing major and I saw some fireflies later around dusk. I ended up spending the night in McAlester, OK.

Sunday morning I contacted the pastor of New Haven Bible Baptist Church in Krebs, OK. The pastor told me there was suitable truck parking at his church. However when I got there the parking situation looked to be unsuitable. Earlier I was unable to get a hold of anyone at Northgate Baptist Church in McAlester. I opted to reroute to Northgate Baptist and I hoped for the best regarding parking. I arrived there and was able to find a satisfactory place to park so I went in while the service was in progress and I caught the rest of the Sunday morning service. Afterward I took some pictures of downtown McAlester before continuing my southbound trip.

I encountered some heavy rain around Atoka and there was a heavy thunderstorm near Durant. I stopped in Calera, OK to wait for the rain to let up. After the rain let up I saw on my smartphone there were major traffic problems in Dallas but not so much in Fort Worth. I crossed the Red River into Texas and I used US82 to cut across to Interstate 35. I stopped for evening rations at Rib Crib in Gainesville, TX. I encountered little if any rainfall in Texas but I heard that there was storm damage in various places of the DFW Metroplex. I was going to stop at the Pilot on the north side of Fort Worth to take on fuel but those plans were scotched when I saw that area was totally dark as I exited the Interstate. I ended up going to a convenience store to make a pit stop and then I headed through Fort Worth and I saw lightning to the south but no rainfall and I ended up spending the night in Alvarado, TX.

Monday I took on some fuel in Alvarado then continued south and I stopped for midday rations at Still Smokin in Abbott, TX. There was no precipitation and the weather was warming up. I took on fuel in Waco. There were some spots of slow traffic in Austin but not too bad. I had evening rations at Bill Millers BBQ in Elmendorf, TX and I spent the night in Pleasanton, TX.

Tuesday I stopped and took pictures of Jourdanton, TX, Three Rivers, TX and George West, TX. I had midday rations at Vans BBQ Wagon in Three Rivers, TX. Afterward I arrived in Corpus Christi and I arrived at the receiver for execution of delivery and conclusion of this trip. It was uncomfortably warm in Corpus Christi due to the humidity and my glasses fogged up when I exited the truck. I did not yet have another trip lined up so I got Uber to hotel. I got settled in and changed shirts then was picked up and taken to Sovereign Grace Community Church for their Tuesday Evening Midweek Service. The message was on Malachi 3:13-18. I was taken back to my hotel and went to Denny's for late evening rations. I spent the night in Corpus Christi, TX.

My ride from Independence, Kansas to Corpus Christi, Texas

Rainbow near Winchester, Oklahoma 15th June 2019
Old Jul 24, 2019, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
McAlester, Oklahoma

Some pictures of McAlester, Oklahoma

Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

George West, Texas

Some pictures of George West, Texas

offerendum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.