Wiki Posts
Search

Thailand for B-Day

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador
Thailand for B-Day

I am having a little sabbatical right now while searching for a new job. I decided to add to my technical skills and take some "online classes" through Product School. I looked to places that were inexpensive but still 5-star where I could take these classes and have a relaxing month and celebrate a big birthday. I decided to go to Phuket for 30 days. I was there a couple months ago for 3 day while on a mileage run from LAX-SYD-BKK-HKT-SYD-SFO to experience Thai Airways first class (was very nice). I stayed at The Slate which I really enjoyed but it is close to the airport and far from everything else. This time I am using a combination of miles/purchased tickets. I leave Jun 29 and Return Aug 29. I will update this as I travel, if you have any questions or requests please let me know. Also, any suggestions on restaurants, things to do, or a different hotel for 2nd half of trip in Phuket would be greatly appreciated.
Itinerary
Theodore Hotel Seattle (Hotwire Purchase)
New Alaska Airlines Terminal N Lounge Opening July
A320 SEA-LAX First Class Alaska Airlines (Alaska Miles)
Four Points Sheraton (Hotwire Purchase)
A320 LAX-SFO First Class Alaska Airlines (Alaska Miles)
777-300 SFO-HND JAL First Class (Alaska Miles)
HND JAL First Class Lounge
777-200 HND-SIN Business Class (Alaska Miles)
Experiencing the New Jewel of Changi
777-200 SIN-HKT Business Class Singapore Air (United Miles)
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery 11 Days (Hotwire Purchase)
Avista Grande Phuket Karon, MGallery 18 Days (Agoda)-Might Change this Hotel)
Coral Lounge First Class Departure Assistance and Lounge
747-400 HKT-BKK Business Class Thai Airways
A380 BKK-HKG Emirates Business Class on 2-Class Config
777-300 HKG-SFO Polaris United Airlines
757-200 SFO-EWR Premium Transcon United Airlines
roadwarrier likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
That is a well laid out plan. I do envy you ! For TR lots of pics os local, everyday local goings on vs. monuments, if you do not mind costs, your likes and dislikes etc.
My system is to learn some basic words/ phrases of the language I am headed to...you library may have tapes, on line freebies etc. Sure you can do google translator but people like it when they see you making an effort to speak their language.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by chgodrew
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery 11 Days (Hotwire Purchase)
Avista Grande Phuket Karon, MGallery 18 Days (Agoda)-Might Change this Hotel)
since you are staying for so long with both MGallery, I suggest you sign up with accorhotel and earn points and status along the way, in peak season for the price paid you might easily hit platinum or at least getting close to platinum.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Welcome to Phuket! Living here now and love it. The 2nd hotel MGallery Karon is new and good reviews. Set back from the beach and in good location, plenty of food outlets near by, even starbucks. You can easily walk to Kata beach and the area around there which is nice. Seas are a little rough now, if you have own transport, head over to Cape Panwa and Ao Yon beach, very nice for swimming and much calmer as it is sheltered, go there at high tide is best, many local go there, couple nice place called the Cove there. Try to head out of town as well up to Khao Lak and Phang Nga if you have time, Monkey temple caves and local park near there as well, which has some nice waterfalls for swimming
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
One thing I can tell you is that the Four Points Sheraton at LAX is a real dump ! I will not stay there again...Rest of the itinerary looks
good. Look forward to reading it...
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:45 am

Confused by your schedule.

June 26th to August 26th is > 60 days and this caught my eye as (depending on travel time and passport held) may affect visa requirements, but you also mention it being a 30 day trip. With the Alaska Lounge opening in July, did you mean July to August for your dates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.