Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring Break in Park City, Utah, USA via Alaska Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Wow, some fantastic scenery there!

When you say weak beer, you meaning 1-2% strength?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by nequine
Wow, some fantastic scenery there!

When you say weak beer, you meaning 1-2% strength?
nequine, I think it was more like 3.5%; which may have well been 1-2% ha ha.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
It was get away day today. We woke up to a little snow falling but nothing serious enough to cause any havoc on the highways. It made for some picturesque views from the hotel room as we left the property.

With an early evening flight, and some time to kill, we headed over to Deer Valley Ski Resort for a little look around. It’s known for super luxury skiing and the home of several Olympic Winter Game competition sites including moguls and freestyle for the Winter 2012 Olympics.

With lunch hunger coming on, we wandered next door to the St Regis Deer Valley. The hotel is situated on the hill, but accessible from a funicular located next to the base resort area. There were many people that had the same idea, as the hotel appeared to be a bit of a destination for lunch goers like us.

On the ride up…

Once at the top and the hotel, we self led ourselves into pleasant surroundings. There were a lot of public spaces, which were totally empty in our photos likely because most of the guests were out skiing for the day. There are indeed a lot of rooms here, so I don’t imagine this to be too quiet and peaceful a stay in high winter season.

We wandered over to the St Regis Bar, where we settled in for lunch. I had a signature bloody mary, along with a buffalo chili. MrsWT73 ended up with the snack plate, featuring hummus and pita.

Seventy four dollars poorer, we headed back down and off to the Salt Lake City airport. One last look at the hill from the funicular right down.

The St Regis Deer Valley appears to be a neat but large format hotel. I would love to stay one day, but I wouldn't expect anything small or boutique oriented having seen the size of this place!
nequine likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Alaska Airlines
Operated by SkyWest
AS 3443 Economy Class (V)
SEA-SLC (Salt Lake City International – Seattle Tacoma International Airport)
March 21, 2019
5:40 PM – 6:40 PM
Booked: Embraer 175
Flown: Embraer 175

It was an easy drive back down to Salt Lake City airport. Most of the snow that started in the morning had dried up, leaving an easy drive. We gassed up and returned the rental car. Like most major centers, there wasn’t too much inspection done on the car as it was returned, and our contract was closed out within 60 seconds of arriving. There were lots of business travelers through here as the valets took off with the car to turn it around before we’d left the return area.

We walked with our gear over to the Alaska check in area. With one of us being MVP Gold, and me with lapsed MVP status, the friendly agent didn’t charge me for the extra bag.

There wasn’t too much of interest on the secure side as we wandered to the “G” gates area. Today’s flight back was departing from G6. There were no Priority Pass lounges in Salt Lake City airport that we had access to, and we opted not to fly Delta Airlines and get access to the Delta Sky Club (courtesy of American Express Platinum) in order to keep earning points with Alaska Mileage Plan.

We had somewhat of a late arrival of the inbound Embraer aircraft, but it eventually got here.

We missed the upgrade from Premium Class into First Class so we settled for our “paid for” Premium Class seats. We've missed many upgrades for most flights longer than 2 hours in length, where as it seems there is always upgrade space on the short 90 minute hops.

The views on take off had the terrific Salt Lake City mountains in the background.

I had a free premium class white wine (chardonnay) while I attempted the in flight enterainment on the Alaska Go Go InFlight entertainment player ( lame and not really worth the trouble unless you have a tablet ).

Followed by Pacific Northwest views on the descent…

Eventually parking at the C gates where we had rolled up stair disembarkation under a grey Seattle evening.

To kill our connection time, we wandered over to the American Express Centurion Lounge where I had a blue gin drink and a New York Times for the road.

All in the Alaska Embraer aircraft is pretty straight forward. It has the usual small bin space that you'd expect on an Embraer with that fresh new Alaska smell to it since the planes are fairly new to the fleet.
roadwarrier and nequine like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Alaska Airlines
AS 2458 Economy Class (V)
SEA-BLI (Seattle Tacoma International Airport - Bellingham International Airport)
March 21, 2019
9:25 PM – 10:15 PM

Booked: Q400
Flown: Q400

The last flight of our short trip was departing from Seattle's Gate C2E. These gates are usually crowded thanks to Sea-Tac's small gate areas.

As is usual, Alaska Airlines has both jets and props that run this route. Today’s flight was on the Q400 propellor, the last flight of the day.

It was a quick flight up to Bellingham. With no in flight service on the 26 minute flight, there wasn’t much to report about.

We touched down in Bellingham into the late night and were home quite quickly after we stuffed the car with all the ski equipment.

Park City was a great short getaway and I was glad that we made the most of it. The ski hill's proximity to the SLC airport can't be beat anywhere and the wide choices of accommodations can serve almost all travellers. Thanks to the great weather, we were able to see a lot of fabulous mountain views. Definitely a place to return to one day!!

Thanks for following along.

Last edited by worldtraveller73; Jun 22, 2019 at 11:34 pm
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for another great TR from you, definitely very picturesque in all that snow!
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nequine
Thanks for another great TR from you, definitely very picturesque in all that snow!
Thanks very much nequine. I should have some more travels up shortly!!
nequine likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.