Wiki Posts
Search

ATL-DFW by way of GLH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
ATL-DFW by way of GLH

First trip report, so take it easy on me please... Had to fly to DFW for a business meeting and what better way to get there then the long way. Always wanted to try out one of the AES flights, and now that 4B earns miles on UA and tickets are bookable on 016 stock, it was an easy decision. ATL-GLH-DFW. Checkin and security was without issues, though Clear's machines gave a weird error when presented with a 4B bp. After a weight check for the hand luggage at the gate all passengers (4 in total) were led to the plane by a shuttle bus and the copilot:

Seats were really comfy, almost as comfy as a domestic UA f/c seat, and they rotated 90 degrees.

After dealing with traffic alerts, and navigating around weather we made it to GLH.

GLH is as small as it gets. Even smaller than OME and ADQ, which were the smallest I had been to so far. There was no sterile area separation inside and no TSA check for the second leg. The waiting lounge consisted of 2 vending machines and a cafe, which apparently only operated until 1p. The airport also seems to be only served by one Uber driver (actually checked the app) who is on an on call basis. However, there was an interesting exhibit upstairs showing the history of the airport.

Arrival to DFW was bumpy, but easy. As 4B operates from the FBO terminal in DFW, there's no walk through the terminal and you're immediately curbside. But as the Rental Car Shuttle doesn't go to the FBO terminal, you get a private ride from one of the 4B gate agents.

All in all it was an extremely memorable trip and I'd highly recommend weird connections with 4B to anyone...
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Wow, the museum seems to be nearly "oversized" for this small airport!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Agreed. It looked more like a museum with a runway attached...
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:07 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed your flight on Boutique.

I flew them last year DEN-Vernal, Utah-SLC, and I was really impressed. I wanted to fly on them to log VEL before Sky West took over the essential air service contract at Vernal, because I think a Boutique Pilatus PC-12 is much more comfortable than a Sky West CRJ-100.

I'm looking forward to flying them again later this year, to log Alamosa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.