Reload this Page >

ON THE ROAD AGAIN: Selling Postcards at Airline Collectible Conventions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ON THE ROAD AGAIN: Selling Postcards at Airline Collectible Conventions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Whenever you post a TR my productivity at work drastically reduces. Great report once again.

BTW, I spat out half of my cup of OJ this morning with this line

parakeets on nitrous
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I can remember when stewards on BOAC wore white jackets!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I think you were lucky with BA this time👍
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks for another wonderful detailed report!

Appreciate the breakpoints within the report so that I can resume reading throughout the day.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
What an amazing read once again!!

When I started reading and got to the point where you mentioned to get something to nibble on and a drink, I knew that I was in for a treat.

Thank you very much for sharing with us!!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:37 am

Seat 2A and Eightblack within a month of each other, how did we get so lucky!
MikeFly, adampenrith and janehoya like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
Did I know you were coming through DEN in Feb? I would have met you at the airport for a drink or something? I could have gotten you a free hot dog, chips and a soda at the USO. Next time.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
From a fellow "old goat" we have to stick together! Love the report - wish I could be as eloquent with the written word.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I'm glad some airlines have extensive selection of IFE. From here a simple return trip to Europe is typically around 48 hours flying + another few hours pre-departure. So can easily do 30 hours of movies in one trip. And sometimes have more trips before the IFE content changes.
I'm not sure how many fellow flyers are in your strata though. You and I are the only 5 million mile flyers that I'm aware of here at FT. Odds are there are a few more though and if you're flying back and forth to Europe regularly, which your flight memory map certainly suggests you very well might be, I can certainly see your point.

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Sorry for the minor quibbles, but the Netherlands is "NL", not "ND"; and Israel is " IL", not "IS", which is Iceland.
No need to apologize. Thanks for the correction ^.

Originally Posted by Redwood839
Whenever you post a TR my productivity at work drastically reduces. Great report once again.
Thanks,Redwood! Let's hope the boss doesn't find out and put a block on Flyertalk.com. Unless that is - you're the boss.

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
I can remember when stewards on BOAC wore white jackets!
Just being able to remember when they were called "stewards" is pretty impressive.Thanks for reading, D!

Originally Posted by offerendum
I think you were lucky with BA this time.
Perhaps I was, but I do have to say that over my 45 flights covering over 216000 miles with BA since 2002, most of the flights have been good to very good. BA is not in the class of 5-star airlines like those from the Middle East or Asia but from my experience at least they've been generally pretty good - a solid 4 star for sure. Only three or four of my 45 flights have stood out as egregiously bad. This assessment probably says more about me than it does than about BA's overall service, and can be taken in either a positive or negative light depending upon one's point of view - especially after reading my previous trip reports . At this point, I think it's reasonable to acknowledge and consider that given the rather trendy antipathy towards BA's overall First product here at FT, for some FT'ers I may have effectively invalidated myself as a judge of inflight quality regardless of airline flown. In which case, the only real course of action remaining is to quickly hit the back button an henceforth ignore any future trip reports by 'ol Seat 2A. Sigh... Perhaps I should redirect the time and effort I put into flying and reporting on these great airlines and instead focus more on becoming say...an anchovy trainer...or a spleen therapist...or perhaps even a trainer for aspiring full-contact croquet players. Let me know if any of you can help in this regard. It is, as you might imagine, a difficult choice... (Alas, there is no emoji for tongue firmly in cheek)

Originally Posted by phranktzi
Thanks for another wonderful detailed report! Appreciate the breakpoints within the report so that I can resume reading throughout the day.
Thanks for reading, phranktzi! I'm glad you liked it!

And now, I'm off to work! All address more of your responses later today. Thanks for reading and for your responses!

Last edited by Seat 2A; Jun 8, 2019 at 10:40 am
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 5 million miles
Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to post another outstanding trip report. I read every single word and am able to create realistic images in my mind due to your extraordinary details and marvelous descriptions. I almost feel like I am accompanying you on your adventure.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Great report as usual Seat2A - thanks for taking the time to put it together. Looks like you were pretty successful with the BA flights you had which is very nice to see given that BA get a lot of slack (as you alluded to)!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
What an amazing read once again!! When I started reading and got to the point where you mentioned to get something to nibble on and a drink, I knew that I was in for a treat.
Thank you very much for sharing with us!!
You are most welcome, RW! Thanks for being such a regular reader ^

Originally Posted by iwantanupgrade
Seat 2A and Eightblack within a month of each other, how did we get so lucky!
Nothing like timing and coincidence. As for me - I'm honored to be referenced in the same sentence as eightblack. That man can write! Thanks for the props!

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
Did I know you were coming through DEN in Feb? I would have met you at the airport for a drink or something? I could have gotten you a free hot dog, chips and a soda at the USO. Next time.
Had I known you were available during work hours, I might've given you a holler. Is the USO still located in the old CO President's Club? That said, I go to Denver a lot and many times I don't have the time for any extraneous visits. Next time I do have extra time, I'll be sure to give you a heads up, especially if you're available during work hours at DEN.

Originally Posted by MikeFly
From a fellow "old goat" we have to stick together! Love the report - wish I could be as eloquent with the written word.
Thanks, Mike ^ I was lucky to have been able to have flown so much in the "Good Old Days" as well as having had a couple of good and demanding English teachers back in the day...
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
DIA is a short train ride from the house. Usually I am free after 130 or so. Im not sure what space the USO took over but it is between the Delta Skyteam Lounge and the AA Admiral's Club. I think Delta took over the BA lounge when they moved over from the C concourse. Im not sure why BA had their own club since they only have 1 flight a day to LHR.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
As always, an excellent read about your travels. BA F really looks to be a great product; it seems to definitely have improved from a few years ago. Thank you for sharing!
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:52 am

Many thanks for the detailed report, especially the effort you place on wording in order to make me think that I am shadowing you on the flights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.