Search

A Class beyond First : LH J, LX J/F and SQ Suites

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by 757;31151750\
I'm also impressed that LH serves a meal on short flights, consistently. Even though it's not much, it's something, and way better than a snack basket that is passed around on domestic US flights in F.
That's the only amazing thing about Domestic Business by LH....
milesaddict likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Originally Posted by BA5E
love your TR and look forward to reading it all in due course
Many thanks for your kind word.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Flying in Suite

Flight SQ346- SIN to ZRH – 12h30 – First Class.

You can read the full review in English and French:
https://www.youtripreport.com/reportdetails?Id=890

After 2 nights in Singapore it was time to head to ZRH. I’m on the SQ flight to ZRH at 1:35am. I might sound crazy but well… You know me.
My wife needs to catch a flight at 9:30am. I have 2 choices: remain in the airport or go back to the hotel. I let you guess what choice I have made.

While checking-in the agent told me that I’m very far in advance. I’m getting the BP with the golden stub on it.

At first the guy at security told me that it's too early to get in. After 2 min of talk he let me go.
Let’s head to the lounge where I’ll be spending 16h. Outstanding… While I’ve done it a lot in the in the past (QR FCL) there was a bed to sleep. Not in TPR which makes sense.

SQ might be one of the best in the Air on the ground it’s another story.. The lounge isn’t huge and the catering provided was average at best. I’m now hungry yet when I arrive so I order a Cappuccino and work on my laptop.

Lunch starts at 10:30. I start with satays they were good but I preferred the ones from MH.

For the meal I take the lamb with rosemary sauce. The lamb was all but tender and the strong sauce killed the meal. Then I took the fish. So-so.

I leave the lounge to buy few things for my family. Back to the lounge I’m a wreck. Needless to say that finding a place to crash and sleep was not the easiest thing. I went to the small room with a comfy chair (not for sleeping). I still managed to rest for 1h30.

At around 6 I went back to the restaurant.
I take the lobster where I believe he left the taste in the sea.

Never mind. I did not insist and worked until boarding.

Despite being tired I’m like a kid in front of a candy store. The Suite in Huge it’s still a magical moment months after the flight itself.

Still using it at home

Tonight’s menu is light but it a late departure. But no worries I did order Book The Cook in advance.

Time to take off. It’s smooth you don’t really feel it unlike the 77W.

The starter arrives it’s fresh and good but not enough caviar for my liking

The soup was superb !

I booked the lamb while it was beyond rare it was juicy and so tasty.

The desert was very good and god knows how picky I am it terms of sweet. I love everything simple and not fancy.

I went to the wc while the charming FA is preparing my bed.

After 8 hours of sleep I’m ready for another feast.

While I made Book The Cook request I told them that nothing is really appealing and I’d rather have a dinner meal served for my BF. The agent on the phone was not sure I will get it.
Then my meal arrives. Lobster (No I’m not lobster obsessed but I try to make the most of my journey) Very appealing and so tasty. Look at big it is. Hard to finish it.

It’s hard not to love such a magnificent product. My FA was awesome but it’s mostly always the case.
While in the air SQ remains at the top, on the ground it’s another topic. Stunned to see such a gap between the ground and the experience in the air.
To try !

You can see in advance the last leg from Zurich to Cairo with LX Business on their 330 in English and Chinese.
https://www.youtripreport.com/reportdetails?Id=822

Coming soon.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Agree with you on the lounge in SIN. It's large. But not always impressive.

Did you explore the option of a room in one of the airside hotels? $60 for a block of 6 hours.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Agree with you on the lounge in SIN. It's large. But not always impressive.

Did you explore the option of a room in one of the airside hotels? $60 for a block of 6 hours.
Thanks for the comment, to be honest, I did not even think about it, I should have done it. that's good to know as I'm currently in SIN but managed to get a late check out from Conrad.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

LX Swiss Business Class to CAI

When I bought the ticket it was planned to be an CS300 without First and First is not sold to Cairo. When they changed the plane to A330 with First, I tried to select the First Cabin even if getting Business service but could not.
Too bad.

Flight LX236 – Flying time 3h30 – Business Class

The famous bar... Just for the picture for me. Too early for me

I quickly went to the other side to check the breakfast buffet since I'm the clock.

Many tables to seat.

The main advantage of that lounge is the stunning view loved by many of us !

A dream place !

Time to board on the A330!

Welcome to the Business Class cabin.

My seat..

Let’s take-off:

The flight is fairly empty.

Bed position. I can barely move my feet.

Fair breakfast.

Isn't it gorgeous ?

Summary:A good flight overall with a nice crew. Coming up soon the new Business Class on the Tap A330 Neo to SFO.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks for the report. Brought back some nice memories

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.