In the Shadow of Concorde: The British Airways Premium Experience Revisited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In the Shadow of Concorde: The British Airways Premium Experience Revisited

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Thank you for such a wonderful and detailed report. Great pictures.
Genius1 likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by clubman
Seriously fantastic and incredibly thorough review.
Thanks clubman!

Originally Posted by jmj9905
Thanks for a great update. I am flying the exact opposite as you did. Iad/lhr club, lhr/iad f. I leave on wed. This is the best review I have seen so far on both products.
Thanks so much jmj9905, hope you had a great trip from and back to IAD and enjoyed London.

Originally Posted by mhy
Fantastic review! I've really wanted to try the nose of the 747 while it is still flying. I am planning on doing this later this year, but in the opposite direction and both legs in F.
Thanks mhy, I'd definitely get in the nose of a 747 whilst passenger configured-747s are still flying! BA retire their 747s in a few years' time, so plenty of opportunity.

Originally Posted by Coathanger
I didn't realise that the JFK CCR was, in many respects, as when Concorde was flying so may have to add that to my list of lounges to visit before 2022.

It's also a shame they retired the genuine Concorde seats from the Board Room, I enjoyed popping in there just to sit on a piece of history.
Thanks for your comments Coathanger, yes the JFK CCR is a blast from the past. I really do miss the Concorde seats at LHR.

Originally Posted by Wickersley
A most excellent trip report - thank you for taking the time & effort to put it together.
Thank you Wickersley!

Originally Posted by enviroian
well done!
Thanks enviroian!

Originally Posted by 757
Looks like a fun trip to NYC. BA F and Club World looks like they have improved quite a bit over the last two years. Thank you for sharing!
Thanks 757, I think the Club World soft product has seriously improved, but First only marginally (pre the recent improvements, in any case).

Originally Posted by nequine
Its good to see the finished T7 in JFK as they were doing it up when I was there last June.
Thanks nequine, the Club lounge hadn't been finished when I flew in November, but it's recently re-opened in its fully refurbished state.

Originally Posted by Concerto
Really enjoyed your review and trip in general. There is some excellent photography of New York City.
Thank you Concerto!

Originally Posted by christianj
I always think it's funny when people complain about there not being a kettle in a US (or even most countries outside of the UK) hotel room.

Your room looks decent with the only upkeep issue I saw was the bottom of the bathroom mirror looking really bad.
Thanks for your comments christianj, I think the kettle is a British ask! Good spot on the mirror; the legs of the vanity cabinet were also rusting.

Originally Posted by CMK10
A beautifully photographed and thoroughly documented report, not that I expected anything less but well done! Looks like you had fun in New York too.
Thanks CMK10, yes I had a good but brief visit to NYC this time.

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I’ve just read through this. As always, an excellent read.
Thanks IAMORGAN!

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Thank you for such a wonderful and detailed report. Great pictures.
Thank you Andriyko!
Old May 25, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
A great read with superb photos so thank you. Also it has heightened my anticipation of my first First coming up next month to JFK return I'm taking my daughter for her first First for her birthday, and have gleaned some useful tips.
John
Genius1 likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Thanks for the TR. I tend to think, the CCR in JFK is better (catering) vs LHR.
Genius1 likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:46 pm

Thank you for the review. Loved reading it. Came to this thread for the JFK CCR review more than anything, but this was a fantastic review. I can't wait to visit the JFK CCR.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by thejohn
Also it has heightened my anticipation of my first First coming up next month to JFK return I'm taking my daughter for her first First for her birthday, and have gleaned some useful tips.
Thanks John, hope you have/had a great trip!

Originally Posted by milesaddict
Thanks for the TR. I tend to think, the CCR in JFK is better (catering) vs LHR.
Thanks milesaddict, I certainly agree - the JFK CCR is head and shoulders above its LHR counterpart.

Originally Posted by ibmman69
Thank you for the review. Loved reading it. Came to this thread for the JFK CCR review more than anything, but this was a fantastic review. I can't wait to visit the JFK CCR.
Thanks so much ibmman69, glad you enjoyed the read.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.