Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore & London & New York on Singapore Airlines and Virgin Atlantic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Singapore & London & New York on Singapore Airlines and Virgin Atlantic

This is very late and so I begin with an apology. Second, I used to write long reports, but this time I will be posting YouTube videos along with some commentary.
I hope that everyone enjoys reading both the commentary and watching the very basic videos I post.

You will also be able to see my more regular trip reporting in the Mini Trip Reports. The most recent report was a trip I made to Bangkok in 2018, but the most recent trip was to Penang earlier this month.
Of course it would be remiss of me not to ask you to subscribe to my channel on YouTube. I don't earn any money off this (I have 6 subscribers!), but it would be nice to have people subscribe to show that they like the videos.

I needed to make a trip last year to New York, so I fit in a London trip on the way to the Big Apple. So many options when flying to New York from Singapore, but my travel agent gave me what they were told to give me so I ended up on Singapore Airlines from Singapore to London; Virgin Atlantic to New York and then Singapore Airlines back to Singapore.

Originally I wanted to take British Airways as I could then earn my tier points to push me up to Gold status on Executive Club, but hey, someone else is paying for my flights, so I'll take SQ any day. It was quite odd as it must have been one of the only times someone said, I prefer British Airways to Singapore Airlines!

The flight from London to New York was on Singapore Airlines code share partner - Virgin, and it was going to give me an insight into the Virgin Atlantic upper class experience; something that I had never enjoyed before.

My return flight was originally scheduled to fly out on a Saturday morning, returning to Singapore on Sunday evening. I didn't really want to totally waste my weekend, so I took the A380 flight SQ25 back from New York to London.
CosmosHuman likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Singapore to London on SQ321

This was the Singapore London leg on the A380 SQ321.

If you like the video please subscribe to my channel on YouTube.
CosmosHuman likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

I have a Priority Pass card courtesy of the Citi Prestige Card in Singapore. Unfortunately, as I was also due to travel in SQ business it meant having to be at the airport a bit earlier to eat The Green Market TGM at Changi Terminal 2.

The Priority Pass card I have allows principal card holder plus a guest. Fortunately, I found out an acquaintance would be travelling around the same time that I would be and so I arranged to meet up and guested them into TGM. We had both the Salmon Butteryaki and Chicken Teriyaki. As my friend wasn't travelling SQ, I couldn't bring them into the SilverKris lounge with me. They looked so dejected when I was about to make my way towards the skytrain for Terminal 3. I felt bad so I offered to guest him into the DNATA lounge in Terminal 2. With my friend happy as Larry, I headed off the SilverKris lounge in Terminal 3.

I wouldn't say that it was a come down from The Green Market, but I wasn't that impressed with the food. I would say that the live cooking stations does give it a nicer feel, but I didn't think the food was particularly outstanding. I don't think I've been back to the SilverKris lounge since my trip in First Class back in August 2017. That was a very different experience as I was in the Private Room for most of the time.

After spending a couple of hours in the lounge I headed off to the gate which was Gate number A9/A10. I arrived just as they were about to start boarding and so I hung around like gate lice and was one of the first to get on board. This meant I was able to take some photos of the cabin.
As soon as I was near my seat the crew were already working to make my trip a pleasant one. The service on board reminded me why it was a difficult decision to move to British Airways, but I find the loyalty program is a lot more compelling on BA.
I know their some detractors of the seat. I wonder if it's because SQ set their bar so high? I understand it's a bit inconvenient to have to put your feet in the cubby hole, but I never found it too bad. I actually prefer this seat design to the original one. The original was too big for me. Maybe I need to put on more weight!

I like the IFE and the screen is a good one. I like the clarity of videos. Not something I can say about BA video screens - they are appalling; even in First.

For the in flight meal I had the lobster thermidor for dinner and the waffles for breakfast.

Once again, please consider subscribing to my channel on YouTube or maybe following me on Instagram. As I mentioned before I don't earn any money off this , but it would be nice to have people subscribe to show that they like the videos and encourage me to contribute more.
Old May 6, 2019, 12:43 am
Original Poster

London to New York on Virgin Atlantic Upper Class

Please enjoy the next leg of the trip

More detailed comments to follow!

As always, if you like the video please subscribe to my channel on YouTube.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.