Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Spring Break Down South: American Airlines F, J, & Y: DFW-LEX-PHL-SXM-PHL-CVG-LEX-DFW

Spring Break Down South: American Airlines F, J, & Y: DFW-LEX-PHL-SXM-PHL-CVG-LEX-DFW

Old Apr 16, 19, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: None

This is my first Trip Report on FlyerTalk. I hope to deliver some decent content.

The first part will be covering PHL-SXM in American Airlines' Business Class on a 737-800.

I've made a full flight report on that flight which includes the landing and takeoff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKvW...ature=youtu.be

I'm planning on adding more pictures later regarding the other flights.

The Spring Break route:

We decided to go to St. Maarten for Spring Break as I've always wanted to go to Maho Beach to see the famous low landings.

We took this route all on American Airlines. Here's a list of aircraft for each sector.

DFW-LEX E175 Economy
LEX-PHL E145 Economy
PHL-SXM 737-800 Business
SXM-PHL 737-800 Economy
PHL-CVG CRJ-900 Domestic First
CVG-LEX We drove the route.
LEX-DFW E175 Domestic First

And again, I'll only be covering PHL-SXM in Business in this post. I may or may not update with the rest depending on my free time.

YouTube Video for the full flight including takeoff/landing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKvW...ature=youtu.be

Photos:

Our Aircraft down to SXM

Pre-departure beverage of choice.

Blanket.

Breakfast: A Breakfast Enchilada with Black Beans, Sriracha Sausage, Chobani Vanilla Yogurt, Mixed Fruit Plate

Choice of Bread: Croissant.

Arrival into SXM

Arrival into SXM

Over Maho Beach

KLM Just Landed Behind Us

SXM's Runway.

Thanks for watching/reading. If there's anything I can improve on, please let me know.
Old Apr 27, 19, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: None
Video Flight Report for the PHL-CVG sector:

I sat in seat 2F in a usual regional first class recliner. The seat gave 38 inches of pitch and 19.7 inches of width according to SeatGuru.

I got to my seat a couple minutes before departure so I wasn't offered a pre-departure bevarge. Not sure if there even was one.

Departed with a smooth takeoff. This flight was only a couple days after the 737 MAX was globally grounded. During takeoff, I spotted an American Airlines 737 MAX near the cargo areas of PHL.

I still haven't been on one and I would like to try it even if it's AA's infamous OASIS interior. Thankfully though, it seems they will be doing some modifications... to first class at least...

About 15 minutes after takeoff, we were offered a choice of drink and a snack from a small snack basket. Due to the medium-short length of this flight which was around 1 hour and 20 minutes, there is no full meal.

Service was fast and adequate, nothing really memorable.

We began descending into CVG shortly. Downtown Cincinnati was in view.

CVG is an interesting airport... originally one of Delta's largest hub before the bankruptcy.

It had flights to HNL, ANC, AMS, BRU, FRA, LON, MUC, CDG, FCO, and ZRH and was planning on expanding to PEK, NRT, and PVG... only to be reduced to CDG today.

CVG eventually gained another transatlantic flight to KEF on WOW air but was shortly cut.

Thanks for reading/watching. Hope you enjoyed.
Old Apr 27, 19, 7:24 pm

Programs: Delta GM, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Nice report. I would love to visit SXM sometime and check our Maho Beach. Thank you for sharing!

Search this Thread