Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Mileage running to Sydney, Kuala Lumpur & Tokyo including Malaysia & Singapore First

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage running to Sydney, Kuala Lumpur & Tokyo including Malaysia & Singapore First

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
That MH first class looks really really good I want to fly it. Geez reading your TR's is really hard on my mileage accounts LOL!

Thanks again for sharing and taking us all long ^
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:46 pm

Borat?

But seriously, props to this guy for stretching on a long flight.

Originally Posted by enviroian
Freddie Mercury?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:22 pm

Always enjoyed reading your reviews and the pictures. Kept me entertained for a good one hour plus today. Thanks and keep them coming
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by antebellum
Great report as always, SFO777, I've been follow your reports for a few years now. 1. I pretty much avoid Qantas business internationally (despite based in Melbourne), they're couple of notches below premium Asian or Gulf carriers, and their 787 wasn't enough to convince me to fly them again. 2. I found its quite disappointing that SQ decided to use B&O headphones in F instead of Bose (like before). B&O must paid SQ very well to advertise their products.
Thank you very much antebellum. I appreciate it. Agree on the Bose vs. B&O preference. I read somewhere that Bose has exited the airplane business, although not sure how much extra effort it take to add IFE compatible plugs.

Originally Posted by bosman
So awesome. Thanks for sharing. Just what I needed on cold morning in Boston!
Thanks bosman.

Originally Posted by hamburgler
Just for the benefit of future travelers - there are power outlets on the Narita Express, located in the ends of the armrests. A bit hard to discover if you're not looking for them but they are there!
Thanks very much hamburgler. Did not know that. I'll have to take a closer look next time.

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Just went back and give this a re-read, because I have a need for an MH flight to Sydney myself....and I'm really torn: Daytime flight on an A330 where I can get the "throne" seat, or the redeye on the A350 to give the Business Suites a try....decisions decisions...
Thank you ironmanjt. Either way, you'll enjoy MH. Looking forward to reading your review.

Originally Posted by Madone59
That MH first class looks really really good I want to fly it. Geez reading your TR's is really hard on my mileage accounts LOL!
Thanks again for sharing and taking us all long ^
LOL. Thanks so much Madone59. Just wait until July, my 96 hour hall pass and the mother of all RTWs.

Originally Posted by farbster
Borat? But seriously, props to this guy for stretching on a long flight.
Borat. LOL. Good one farbster.

Originally Posted by fabian87
Always enjoyed reading your reviews and the pictures. Kept me entertained for a good one hour plus today. Thanks and keep them coming
Thank you fabian87 for your kind comments.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: QF WP, SQ & VA Gold, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond + BA, AA, CX
Great TR...I disagree about QF J being terrible, though admittedly, their Skybed product isn't great. The Business Suite however, on the majority of A330s and the B787 is excellent. It is a shame they won't retrofit their A380s though.

I have been stuck with old J HKG-MEL before, but it does the job if all I need to do is sleep.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I thought getting off an ULH flight and onto an 8hour flight sounded like torture, but then I saw that you watched The Meg...TWICE. Ouch. What a painfully bad movie.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
I read somewhere that Bose has exited the airplane business, although not sure how much extra effort it take to add IFE compatible plugs.
If I have read your comment correctly, you can just BYO your own Bose headphones (as I do) and buy a plug adaptor for a couple of bucks, eg:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Airpl...r/400567112661
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A great read SFO777.

QF are refurbishing their A380s with the same seat in J as the A330 and 787, but it can’t come soon enough. The lack of privacy with the Skybed is dreadful. Your seat area looked quite dirty on boarding, and the IFE screen damaged at the bottom. Why is cheese (and soup) listed as a main course on the menu? The whole menu is quite underwhelming for such a long flight, and the presentation poor. Nuts in a bag is a big no-no for long haul J, and that plastic salt and pepper container is atrocious.

The MH Business Suite seat does look a little cheap in terms of design and materials used (the same is true for the A380, IMO), but great to have the unrestricted legroom that so many J flat beds no longer offer given the dense configurations favoured by airlines. The food presentation looks good (excepting the main course and the champagne in a wine glass). Ice cream should really be presented in a bowl in a J+ product. Deciding to serve satay on the ground during your delay is quite impressive! Never seen that before, even on a long delay - it’s usually only drinks. The Business Suite soft product is nowhere near the quality of international F on most other major airlines (let alone SQ) so I can understand why it’s marketed as J+. The amenity kit certainly appears to be more comprehensive than regular J, although I understand they are phasing in the same amenity kits across Business and Business Suite.

The MH lounge at KUL looks very elegant and welcoming.

Well done for getting out to Tokyo city during your connection - the lunch looks great, and I enjoyed the photos of the city which reminded me of my trip last year.

I’m surprised the NH lounge at NRT isn’t nicer. When you look at what the likes of QF and CX do with both their home and outstation lounges, you’d expect better of NH.

Although Lalique is a nicer brand than that found in most amenity kits, the size looks the same and no more take-home than other brands. As always, SQ - food and tableware in particular - looks amazing in the air.

Last edited by Genius1; Jun 9, 2020 at 2:31 am
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Had no idea the QF A380 was so bad.

I think a more apt name for the MH product would have been business cubicles. That's exactly what they reminded me of, especially in the gray.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.