FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   Ba f lhr-iad (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1959456-ba-f-lhr-iad.html)

gw76 Mar 5, 2019 8:25 am

Ba f lhr-iad

G-BGYD Seat 2K Dep B52
Inbound domestic in CE
1.5 hr connection with time in Concorde Room, quite busy. Cushions on chairs very saggy. Very attentive friendly server.
Departure from B Gates, took Transit rather than underpass. Discovered was Bus boarding! No seperate bus for F/J.
Warmly welcomed on board and shown to seat. Introduction from CSD.
Fixtures and fittings clean and relatively undamaged. Pillows/cushions getting a bit flat though. Drinks round before takeoff.
Relatively prompt ontime departure and takeoff.
Warmed nuts and further drinks. Cabin had 12 pax as far as I could see. Crew efficiently busy. Meal orders taken- though with very simple tastes, struggled with the available offerings. Had not done preorder in advance. Opted for two starters crab and salmon then spiced lentil and bacon soup. Finished with a chocolate dessert.
Nice to see the chocolate box still handed round.
Some opted to have beds made and sleep for daytime flight, flight time 7hr5.
Regular walk rounds by crew for drinks, water, landing cards.
Inflight entertainment lacking compared to others, narrower selection of films and odd selection of audio. Larger touchscreen better though.
Wifi not advertised but available and working.
Must have dosed off as on wakening were just over New York.
Swift landing, annoying door two jetty then that transfer vehicle.
First time using Global Entry which was a breeze!
Overall very satisfied.

Eastbay1K Mar 5, 2019 9:47 am

A lovely succinct report sans photos of the seats and food we've seen a thousand times over! Yay!

ajeleonard Mar 5, 2019 1:04 pm

Good report. You clearly went into it with expectations in-check and so were able to enjoy it

gaobest Mar 5, 2019 11:15 pm

Great TR - nice about GE :-)

arlflyer Apr 25, 2019 9:25 am

Originally Posted by gaobest (Post 30853298)
Great TR - nice about GE :-)

Agreed...I do always enjoy the GE experience at IAD. Given the volume and type of travelers entering through that gateway, there are of course reasons of both a practical and optical nature to ensure that it runs like a well-oiled machine, and in my experience that has always been the case.

I also do appreciate the succinct TR - BA F sounds like...well, BA F! For some reason people love to give it abuse but it has always served me well...and for those who make unfair comparisons, let me know when SQ or EK start flying IAD-LHR, bookable with AA miles. Maybe then those comparisons will be relevant! :D

gaobest Apr 30, 2019 9:40 pm

Great TR - thank you!

jmj9905 May 5, 2019 3:56 pm

Thanks for the terrific tr. I am flying same route in F early JUne,