Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Review of QR Y on an A350

Old Mar 3, 19, 6:20 am
Original Poster

QR 839 and QR 31 flight from Bangkok 28th Feb, arriving Edinburgh 1st March

After all the hype of the A350, I decided to book a return flight from Edinburgh to Bangkok

My review is on the return leg

At Bangkok, We were 3 KG over on our luggage, so told to go to one side by the checkin lady and she would deal with us once we were ready for checkin in again, It was just a matter of taking some clothing out of a cast and putting it into the carry on bag, Issue was, it was only a matter of minutes and the checkin lady did not remember us.
We were in seats 31 J and K on our first leg and 31 A and B on our second leg
boarded and left on time, The stewardess reconised 3 male passengers in the exit row seats in front, so a lot of time was spent around these men, that's no problem, It was time for the dinner service, Very strange, They came with the trolly and they started the service at row 32, totally missing out Row 30 and 31, So we were last to be served and by this time, there was no option, The stewardess telling the 3 males in front that she was so sorry, But anything that she could do, she would do, Any drinks that you want, just ask, then she came to us, and told, their is only beef left, sorry!!!! No offer of a drink even though its free.

Now to the entertainment, every time i started to watch something, the film would start to buffer or the picture would break up., I was not impressed to what emirates offer
Seats, Yes the latest seats, Well i did not find them comfortable at all and the recline, Well the person in front of me reclined, I had a drink in front of me and the cup got caught and broke the cup, luckily, i had almost finished the drink, But the TV screen was almost in my face. due to the distance the recline goes with the seat in front which then leads to the subject, do i recline my chair knowing that the passenger behind me has not reclined their chair.
Yes, Plenty of leg room, But even when i did recline on my second flight, I could not sleep or get comfortable, Plus i found that the aircraft noise was loud, Maybe thats because we were sitting at the end of the wing
Breakfast 2 hours before landing, This time they started at row 33 and the breakfast that i got was uneatable, the scrambled egg was just to dry, everything was dry, The sausage was just breaking down like cutting into old bread, Everything was just to dry, by comparison, My wifes scrambled egg was runny, to soft.
Landing into Edinburgh, I dont know why, but it happened the last time with Qatar, we had to wait until the parking area was free due to a KLM plane still at the jetway.
Transit in Doha, We had a 7 hour transit in Doha, That wasn't going to be a issue since we were going into the family quite room, Issue, a polish family sharing a Mobile watching something, Laughing out loud and another family with babies and the grand mother talking on top of her voice to her daughter, People were telling these people to be quite and people trying to sleep, The polish couple ended up having to go out to recharge the mobile since they couldn't find a charging point, Then i noticed his T Shirt saying , I am Anti social !!!!!

I could have flown emirates A380 on all legs, Maybe that would have been the better choice.

All in all, The flight out was OK since we stayed in a hotel over night, so no need to sleep on the plane, But coming back, The flights were not good, plus, because they cant fly over certain areas, The flight takes a lot longer .

Search this Thread