Community
Wiki Posts
Search

98% OK … BA in Business, JER-LGW-LHR-PHX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by jmj9905
thanks T8191 for another terrific tr, Particularly since we have a cw trip iad/lhr/lin in early May. Glad to hear the food and service was so good. I have a question about your seat choice. I had read on ft many years ago that the best 744 ud seats were 62ab. When looking at the seat map seems they are the same as 63ab? Am I missing something?
It comes down to the 'climb-over' factor.

62A is fine, walk straight out of the seat. 62B is climbed over by 61A.

63A can escape via the narrow gap between the seat and the cabin wall, without having to climb over 64B. 63B is an undisturbed aisle seat.

Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Next time you go to PHX, there's a decision to be made now that AA are running the route year round.

We are doing AA out and BA back in October.

Always enjoy reading your reports as like me you are of the "older generation" and tend to view things like I do
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, the AA option is very appealing! However, with our friends now in the DC area, it will be the IAD run again! Already booked [with BA] for September ... i really must start trying to remember the AA options!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: Meh
Thanks for the TR.

I think the CX lounge is really excellent. Airy and bright with good food and drink selection. Especially when you compare it to the BA F lounge....even the BA employee admitting the CX lounge is the best.....in London!
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Another amazing TR!! Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us.

But that breakfast at the hotel looks dire, and as for the liquid in the cup.......
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Another amazing TR!! Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us.

But that breakfast at the hotel looks dire, and as for the liquid in the cup.......
Yup, it was pretty awful! We have encountered similar at such establishments (e.g. Homewood Suites) but this plumbed the depths!

We did have the option of pouring some white gravy over the biscuits, but declined the offer!
The fruit bowl seemed to get a daily issue of 2 x bananas, so get there early!!
The OJ [as that was what it was supposed to be] was from a multi-dispenser. Equally awful!
And the ecological aspect of single-use cutlery and 'crockery' was shameful. OH brought her own metal cutlery from the suite in silent protest!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:47 pm

T8191 thanks for the feed back on 62a/b on the ud 747.
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.