Q-Suites, Cathay First and... TAP Basic Economy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
maybe the first person to ever get an undercooked steak on a plane
zip10001 and AJ747M like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
As to the Krug - the only time I had it, I thought it tasted like a deflated cup of butter. Also known as Lindeman’s Bin 65 Chardonnay. Not something I would pay for lol.
rkaradi and AJ747M like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:43 pm

Nice report. Appreciate the share
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Thanks for sharing. Cathay F looks awesome as usual.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: ShebaMiles
Looks like you had a good time! Thanks for sharing. How was Da Nang?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:28 am

Thanks for sharing !!!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Appreciate the comments all!

As for TAP Economy...I think it worked well as a nice contrast in the title but not sure it's worth writing about lol.

Originally Posted by Parterre
Looks like you had a good time! Thanks for sharing. How was Da Nang?
Da Nang was okay! I had to work from my hotel 2 out of 3 days I was there, so didn't get to see much. I might spend another night or two there on the return trip, but overall didn't seem like too exciting of a place.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Lifetime Platinum, BusinessExtra, Global Entry
AJ747M, Thanks for the great report. At the beginning of the thread, you worried about readers appreciating the quality of your writing, but I'd say that you have a career possibility, or at least a good secondary option, as a flight reviewer! Your descriptions were great, clear, calm and not the least bit rude or hyper-critical. Perhaps QR will make you a brand manager. Anyway, for me, despite some envy of your upgrades and route here, your enthusiasm and enjoyment showed, and they made a good story really a pleasure to read. I look forward to taking a similar journey. By the way, don't complain about being "carded" for your age. When it stops, and it will one day, you'll miss it more than you're bothered by it now... LOL!!
Thanks again,
Allen
zip10001 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Originally Posted by alawrencenyc
AJ747M, Thanks for the great report. At the beginning of the thread, you worried about readers appreciating the quality of your writing, but I'd say that you have a career possibility, or at least a good secondary option, as a flight reviewer! Your descriptions were great, clear, calm and not the least bit rude or hyper-critical. Perhaps QR will make you a brand manager. Anyway, for me, despite some envy of your upgrades and route here, your enthusiasm and enjoyment showed, and they made a good story really a pleasure to read. I look forward to taking a similar journey. By the way, don't complain about being "carded" for your age. When it stops, and it will one day, you'll miss it more than you're bothered by it now... LOL!!
Thanks again,
Allen
Thank you very much for your kind words. Not sure how QR is feeling about me after trying to claim EC261 after the free upgrades, but I'm open to talking with them! Ha.

Yep, I've had many tell me the same regarding the carding. Fortunately or unfortunately "one day" is still quite far away at this point I think!

For anyone interested, I'll aim to do a write up on my next journey in a little over a month - Air China J on the 747-8 and A330. Never flown Air China before and not too many reports on their business class out there, so should be an interesting journey!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance
Anxiously waiting for your TAP Basic economy review, CX F and QR J has nothing on them...
AJ747M likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
great report... looking forward to more and by the way..... nice pics
AJ747M likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Great report and pics. Congrats on the amazing double op-up on your QR flights. ^
AJ747M likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.