Wiki Posts
Search

[VIDEO] LEVEL A330-200 Experience | ORY - FDF | Plus Martinique Experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:14 am
Original Poster

[VIDEO] LEVEL A330-200 Experience | ORY - FDF | Plus Martinique Experience

Hello guys,

this is my video trip report from my last long haul flight from Paris Orly to Fort de France, Martinique. The flight was operated by LEVEL's Airbus A330-200 and I travelled in Economy class, as I always try to make it low budget.
As this is my first trip report, I will appreciate every comment and suggestion to make my reports better in the future!

Please follow the link to the flight review video:

DETAILED LEVEL EXPERIENCE DESCRIPTION:

1. Getting to Paris Orly

The day before my flight I arrived from Cracow, Poland to Paris Beauvais, which is a small airport located around... 100 km from the city centre, so it's really big waste of money and time to get to the city - I probably wont't do that in the future. It's worth paying little bit more and get to CDG or ORY just for your comfort.
The next day in the morning, I took a 25-min tram ride straight from the city centre to Paris Orly.

2. Check-in

As I book the tickets before LEVEL made some changes in their booking system, I was unable to check-in online and had to visit their counter desk. LEVEL's employees were really friendly and helpful. They even let us choose our seats, despite we didn't pay for them during booking process! As soon as we got our boarding passes, we spent some time in terminal West, where we found pretty big selection of coffee shops, fast-food restaurants and duty-free stores.
40 minutes before our planned boarding time we passed personal control and checked-in in front of our gate. The part of terminal West, where LEVEL board their planes is small and doesn't have much to offer.

3. Boarding

Boarding started without any delay and was devided into 4 groups, depending on seats. I have to admit that the whole process went really smooth and after 20 minutes all passengers were seated. When we entered the cabin, I was really surprised how fresh and clean it was! Really well designed - same configuration (2-4-2) and materials as in Iberia's A330 (LEVEL is their child-airline), but in my opinion, as a graphic designer, better colors were picked

4. Departure

We left the gate on time, had short taxi and took off just after the sunset, what made it really majestic experience. Shortly after take-off fasten seatbelt sign was turned off and we could enjoy our flight.

5. Comfort and in-flight service

I had window seat (28E) and the legroom was satisfying. Double seats are always cimfortable when you travel with your partner and you can lay on each other
After 30-minutes we started to feel cold, and it wasn't only us. Then cabion crew showed up offering blankets for 5 EUR each. I think we could predict that, as we bought our tickets for 220 EUR roundtrip. Airlines have to earn money otherwise...
The IFE system in their A330 has pretty big, touch screen that works fine. There's really comfortable option to order food, drinks and accessories, but it didn't work on this flight. Same as Wi-Fi, so I guess that was connected to internet issue.

6. Final thoughts

This flight was a good experience - LEVEL offers good value for money. If you order food and pay for bag, you can't feel the difference between regular airline. I really hope they will grow and offer more routes in the future!

MARTINIQUE 2-WEEK STAY EXPERIENCE:

Please follow the link to the video:

I had an opportunity to spend two wonderful weeks in Martinique - beautiful Carabbean island. It was on my bucket list for a long time and thanks to Level, it finally became possible to get there cheaply! I was amazed by the island from day one - beside it's beauty, it's not yet crowded by turists, local people are really kind and what's important for me, it has perfect surf spots that are still not popular (it will change soon, believe me!). Locations used in the video: Mount Pelee (volcano), Caravelle Peninsula, Cap Salomon, Fort-de-France, Diamant, Sainte-Anne, Morne Rouge, J.M Rhum distillery and more.

Thank you for your time!
Kris
offerendum and zonzi like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.