Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

New Year, New Airport, Away For One Fortnight Less One Day

Old Feb 4, 19, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels

Tour of Duty 16th January 2019 to 28th January 2019
Part I: 16th January The Flights and First Night Out

Wintertime after the beginning of the new year is generally the slowest time of the year for me workwise. I did not have any trips at all in January 2018 due at least in part to my bout with the Shingles and having to take medication that made it unwise if not unsafe for me to drive. I looked into available trips and opted to "think outside the box" by booking an air ticket to AUS along with a hotel in Austin then an itinerary on Amtrak from Austin to Fort Worth as that was more economical than a flight to DAL or DFW.

It rained overnight the night before I was scheduled to leave so it was wet when I got up at a very early hour on Wednesday the 16th of January 2019. It was not raining when I got up nor was it raining when I got transport to LGB. I checked in and checked bags and I did not get actual weights for my checked bags as another passenger weighed his at the same time but the weights did not exceed the 50lb limit. I cleared security after a short queue and opted out and was patted down. Total time from beginning of check in to clear of security was 21 minutes.

Southwest #4233 LGB-LAS B-737-700 Boarding Pass B8
Seat 22F Cruising altitude not announced Estimated flying time 0:45, actual 0:45
Depart: Gate 2 Scheduled 08h10, actual 08h10 Taxi: 6 minutes
Arrive: Gate B12 Scheduled 09h15, actual 09h05 Taxi: 3 minutes

It was overcast and there was drizzle falling as I boarded the plane via the rear stairs. The plane was not full and was booked 66/143 and I had the whole row to myself. Pushback was on time and takeoff was to the northwest from a wet runway. We went into the clouds within 12 seconds. We were over the clouds at 2min3seconds. We circled around left to head toward LAS. Clouds blocked the view below. I got pretzels at 0:14 and at same time saw mountain peaks sticking above the clouds. There were some breaks in the clouds over the High Desert and I saw that we crossed Interstate 40 at 0:19. I thought I felt descent at 0:21 and descent was announced at 0:22 and it was 52F at LAS. I saw Interstate 15 at 0:23. I got cup of soda at 0:24. Seatbelt sign stayed on the entire flight. I felt some bumps during descent. We crossed Interstate 15 at 0:37 heading east and turned north at 0:40 and I saw Interstate 515/US93 and US95 and then I saw Lake Mead. We turned west and landed east to west on a dry runway and we arrived at gate 10 minutes early. It was partly cloudy at LAS. We deplaned via jetway. Because of the lousy weather on this segment I did not take any pictures of this flight.

Southwest #620 LAS-LBB B-737-700 Boarding Pass B46
Seat 23A Cruising altitude 41,000 feet Estimated flying time 1:29, actual 1:32
Depart: Gate B11 Scheduled 10h00, actual 09h58 Taxi: 15 minutes
Arrive: Gate 6 Scheduled 14h00, actual 13h49 Taxi: 3 minutes

We boarded via jetway. The plane was not totally full and was booked 105/143. However my row was full and a fellow "Benedict Arnold" from Snyder, TX sat in my row. Pushback was 3 minutes early and takeoff was to the west. I saw Interstate 15 and the 215 ring road. Then we turned south and east southeast. We went into the clouds at 2min46sec and over clouds at 4min25sec. At 0:06 I saw Lake Mead through breaks in the clouds. At 0:08 we crossed the Colorado River into Arizona airspace and I saw Hoover Dam and the bridge bypassing the dam. I got pretzels at 0:35. I got cup of soda but forgot exactly when. I saw snow through breaks in the clouds over northern Arizona at the same time. At 0:44 I saw a snowy Gallup, NM. At 0:51 I got can of soda and cup of ice. Seatbelt sign went off at 0:53 and the captain announced a possible early arrival into Lubbock. At 0:56 I saw Albuquerque, NM, the Rio Grande, Interstates 25 and 40 and there was no snow on the ground observed at Albuquerque. At 1:02 I saw Clines Corners, NM and there was some snow observed on the ground there. Then the snow diminished and disappeared as we headed over the eastern plains of New Mexico. At 1:08 I saw Santa Rosa, NM, the Pecos River and Santa Rosa Lake. I felt descent at 1:10 and descent was announced and seatbelt sign went on at 1:11 as we were still over the eastern plains of New Mexico. It was announced it was partly cloudy and 66F at LBB. At 1:12 I saw Tucumcari, NM to the distance. At 1:19 we crossed US60 and I saw Friona, TX then we turned more south and I felt some bumps during descent. We crossed Interstate 27 at 1:30 and we landed north to south. We arrived at gate 11 minutes early. Since I was a thru passenger I stayed on the plane but I observed that there were jetways at LBB. This was my first time at LBB. After the thru passenger count I changed seats.

Southwest #620 LBB-AUS B-737-700 Thru Passenger
Seat 3F Cruising altitude 29,000 feet Estimated flying time 0:47, actual 0:50
Depart: Gate 6 Scheduled 14h30, actual 14h23 Taxi: 10 minutes
Arrive: Gate 17 Scheduled 15h40, actual 15h27 Taxi: 4 minutes
Reclaim checked bags 13-14 minutes after arrival

The plane was mostly but not totally full but my row was full. It was announced it was 56F with light rain at AUS and may be bumpy on climb. Pushback was 7 minutes early and I saw cotton fields during taxi. Takeoff was to the west then turn south and a tight left turn to head southeast toward Austin. I saw the south part of the Lubbock area and the south end of Interstate 27 as well as part of the 289 ring road around Lubbock but I was on the wrong side of the plane to see downtown Lubbock. I saw US84. At 0:06 I saw Post, TX to the distance. At 0:17 I got cup of soda and at 0:18 we crossed Interstate 20 and I saw Sweetwater, TX to the west. At 0:22 I got pretzels. At 0:29 I saw a good size city but was not sure what city. I felt descent begin at 0:32 and we turned more east at 0:34 and I saw clouds to the south and east. I saw another city and the confluence of two rivers at 0:38. By 0:40 clouds blocked the view below and the seatbelt sign stayed on the entire flight. We went into the clouds at 0:46 and under the clouds at 0:49 and landed north to south on a wet runway as light rain or drizzle was falling. We arrived at gate 13 minutes early and deplaned via jetway. After I reclaimed my checked bags I got shuttle to hotel after a wait.

I considered public transportation options to downtown Austin but due to the lousy weather and feeling tired, I opted to just to walk to Popeye's for evening rations then I turned in and spent the night in Austin, TX.

Last edited by Loose Cannon; Feb 4, 19 at 5:29 am
Old Feb 4, 19, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
WN620 LAS-LBB 16th January 2019

Clines Corners, New Mexico Junction of Interstate 40 and US285

More Service

Lake Santa Rosa

Pecos River and Santa Rosa, New Mexico

US60 and Friona, Texas

Descending over the Panhandle of Texas

Landing at Lubbock, Texas

At gate LBB Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport

Albuquerque, New Mexico and the Rio Grande

Albuquerque, New Mexico and Interstate 25

After takeoff from LAS

Colorado River, Hoover Dam and bridge bypassing the dam

Lake Mead and the Colorado River

Over the Snowy Southwest (Northern Arizona)

Service

Gallup, New Mexico and vicinity
AJO and graffiti like this.
Old Feb 4, 19, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

WN620 LBB-AUS 16th January 2019

Pictures of Southwest Airlines flight from Lubbock to Austin

Downtown Lubbock visible to the distance during taxi

Interstate 27 visible immediately after takeoff from LBB

South side of the Lubbock area

Interstate 20 and Sweetwater, Texas to the distance

Final approach to AUS

At the gate AUS
Old Feb 5, 19, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Texas Eagle; Cowtown to Valley of the Sun

Part II: 17th January to 21st January

The weather was much better when I rose early on Thursday the 17th of January. I went downstairs to partake of morning rations before I got transport to the train station. During the ride to the train station I took some pictures of downtown Austin. I saw a sign at one filling station saying unleaded petrol was 1.699$ per gallon, about half of what some filling stations were charging in California. I arrived at the train depot and checked in and checked my bags and waited for the train.

Amtrak #22 AUS-FTW Texas Eagle
Depart: Scheduled 09h31, actual 09h33 2 minutes late
Arrive: Scheduled 13h58, actual 14h14 16 minutes late
Reclaim checked bags 8 minutes after arrival.

I noticed some differences between Amtrak in California and Amtrak in Texas. In Texas my ticket was checked by an agent before I was allowed to board the train. In California tickets are normally checked only while on board. In Texas I noticed the stairway to the upper lever was narrower than I was used to in California. Also prices for at least some items in the Cafe Car appeared to be higher in Texas as opposed to California.

I boarded and as mentioned my ticket was checked before I was allowed to board. I was told which car to board. The train departed 2 minutes late. I visited the Cafe Car and purchased midday rations during the trip. Midday rations consisted of Cheeseburger, Chips and Soda. I recall there were no combo deals in the Cafe Car unlike I was used to in California. Intermediate stops were made in Taylor, Temple, McGregor (near Waco) and Cleburne before arriving in Fort Worth 16 minutes late. After I reclaimed my checked baggage I got transport to the shipper.

Trip: Fort Worth, TX to Tolleson, AZ 1,060 paid miles
Make: 2012 Freightliner
Model: Flatbed
Transmission: Automatic
Route: Interstate 820 to Interstate 30 to Interstate 20 to Interstate 10 to US54 to Loop 375 to Interstate 10 to Interstate 17 back to Interstate 10
Maximum elevation: 5,280 feet at Smugglers Gap Loop 375 Transmountain Road El Paso, TX between US54 and Interstate 10
Highest diesel price USA: 3.239$ per gallon at Pilot Lordsburg, NM
Lowest diesel price USA: 2.959$ per gallon at Flying J Cisco, TX
Permits Required: NM Trip Permit

I arrived at the shipper which was a dealer. Another driver picked up the trip in Monroe, LA but an issue developed and the truck was fixed at the dealer in Fort Worth, TX and the original driver did not wait for the repairs. I did safety inspection and alas I found the fuel cap was missing. At first I thought there was just some duct tape covering the fuel cap but I discovered the duct tape was present in lieu of the fuel cap. I notified dispatch and was told to notify the breakdown department and ended up purchasing a new fuel cap from the dealer and was reimbursed. Once that problem was fixed I was going bingo on hours and had to go off duty for a compulsory 30 minute off-duty break before getting underway. This was due to the requirement that drivers take a 30 minute off-duty break no later than 8 hours after initially coming on duty. Since I did not go to a hotel upon arriving in Fort Worth I had to log all my travel time as "on duty not driving" as well as all the time with picking up the truck, the safety inspection and associated paperwork and dealing with various people with the company and the shop. Had it not been for the problem with the missing fuel cap I likely would have gone to a nearby truckstop to do my compulsory 30 minute break. Instead I went to the driver's lounge and kicked back for 30 minutes before getting underway.

When I picked up the truck the fuel level was half so there was no urgent need to head to a nearby truckstop. As a result I proceeded to Weatherford, TX where I had evening rations at Baker's Ribs Bar-B-Que. Afterword I proceeded to Cisco, TX to take on fuel then I continued west and shut down and spent the night in Abilene, TX.

Friday was windy and clear to start. I stopped in Sweetwater, TX for midday rations then stopped to take on fuel in Big Spring, TX. Afterward I went to another truckstop in Big Spring where I spent some time in the driver's lounge recharging my phone as there was no "plug in" in the truck itself. During that time there was a brief rain shower and a lot of wind. I stopped in Odessa to take on more fuel in order to be able to skip the higher priced fuel stops in Van Horn and there was another brief rain shower in Odessa. During the day I learned of a trip from Tolleson, AZ to Fontana, CA. I stopped in Penwell, TX for evening rations then made a pit stop in Pecos before shutting down and spending the night in Van Horn, TX.

Saturday was much less windy but cooler with high temperatures in the 50'sF. I stopped to take some pictures of Sierra Blanca, TX then I stopped to take on fuel on the east side of El Paso, TX and afterward I recharged my phone. Then I took an alternate route to avoid some construction in El Paso but got in worse trouble as part of the alternate was closed and I had to detour onto the parallel frontage road resulting in a major backup and delay. I stopped at the New Mexico Port of Entry to purchase a Trip Permit and proceeded to Las Cruces where I had late afternoon rations at Golden Corral. Afterward I proceeded west to Lordsburg and took on fuel and had late evening rations at Arby's. Since it was 74 miles to the next viable place of lodging I opted to shut down and spend the night in Lordsburg, NM.

Sunday I attended morning service at Scripture Baptist Church in Lordsburg, NM. The church met at the pastor's house and there were a total of six people present. I was the only person who was not related to the pastor. The message was on Matthew 4:1-11. Afterward I proceeded and cleared the Arizona Port of Entry and did not have to purchase a Trip Permit due to my use of an Arizona plate. I stopped in Bowie, AZ to take some pictures of that town then had midday rations at Rafter Restaurant. Afterward I continued west and after a couple of pit stops I snuck in some sightseeing in Tucson. I paid a visit to Mission San Xavier del Bac where I took some pictures. I took some pictures than continued to Marana, AZ where I took some sunset pictures and I attended the evening service of Sun and Shield Baptist Church. A guest speaker spoke on Matthew 25:14-30. That church was much better attended than the one I attended that morning and I was not the only "Benedict Arnold" who was present. I stopped in Chandler, AZ for evening rations at Rudy's BBQ and I overdid it as I found out later that night. There was a lunar eclipse that night but I was unable to see it due to extensive cloud cover though there was no precipitation. I spent the night in Phoenix, AZ.

Monday I awoke after a rough night as I got sick to my stomach Sunday night. I am glad I spend my nights in hotel instead of the sleeper of a truck. Late in the morning I was starting to feel better so I proceeded to the receiver and there was some time involved but I completed delivery. I offloaded my gear into the driver's lounge and found out where to go to start the pickup process for the next trip.

Last edited by Loose Cannon; Feb 5, 19 at 2:41 am
Old Feb 5, 19, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Numerous Pictures in Texas

Austin, Texas

Austin, Texas

Taylor, Texas

Temple, Texas

Cleburne, Texas

Cleburne, Texas

Fort Worth, Texas

My ride from Fort Worth, Texas to Tolleson, Arizona
Old Feb 5, 19, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Sierra Blanca, Texas

Various pictures of Sierra Blanca, Texas.

Old Feb 5, 19, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Various Pictures of the Great Southwest

Van Horn, Texas

Van Horn, Texas

Las Cruces, New Mexico and moonrise over the Organ Mountains

Las Cruces, New Mexico sunset 19th January 2019

Lordsburg, New Mexico

Bowie, Arizona

Bowie, Arizona

Bowie, Arizona

Marana, Arizona sunset 20th January 2019

Marana, Arizona sunset 20th January 2019

Marana, Arizona moonrise

Marana, Arizona
Old Feb 5, 19, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Tucson, Arizona

Various pictures of San Xavier del Bac Mission and vicinity.

Old Feb 5, 19, 7:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Stunning write up and photos - thank you.
Old Feb 5, 19, 11:39 am

I couldn't get any work done this afternoon I was enjoying this trip report so much
Old Feb 6, 19, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Back and Forth

Part III: 21st January to 25th January

I found out who to contact to pick up the next truck and asked for that person but another person helped me. I waited while someone else pulled the truck up front so I would not have to go hunting for it. I loaded my gear and completed the pickup process.

Trip: Tolleson, AZ to Fontana, CA 315 paid miles
Make: 2016 Freightliner Cascadia
Model: Road Tractor with sleeper
Transmission: Standard straight 10-speed
Route: Interstate 10
Maximum elevation: unknown but Beaumont, CA listed at 2,582 feet
Minimum elevation: unknown but Coachella, CA listed at 76 feet below sea level
Diesel price USA: 2.659$ per gallon at QT Buckeye, AZ

After I made the pickup I stopped in Buckeye, AZ to take on some fuel and also to take a nap. I had late midday rations consisting of a grilled cheese sandwich at the QT and saw the sunset before heading farther west. I stopped in Blythe and had late evening rations and decided to get a room but I had trouble getting an affordable room due to an event in nearby Quartzsite, AZ. I finally found a place that did not jack their prices up and after a delay I got a room there. I spent the night in Blythe, CA.

Tuesday it was windy between Blythe and Desert Center with blowing dust and lower visibility. The winds diminished in the Coachella Valley and I got the next two trips lined up. The winds picked up again as I approached Fontana. I pulled into the wrong place at the receiver and that cost me my chance to make delivery that day. I ended up going to hotel and checked in after I parked and got a room. After I offloaded my gear I walked to restaurant and had evening rations at Coco's consisting of fish and chips. I spent a windy night in Rialto, CA.

Wednesday the winds were gone though the weather was still good. I completed delivery and phoned up the next shipper and learned that the specific truck I was assgned to was not available. I did more phoning to report that to the company and after a rather long wait I was assigned another truck at the same shipper. I got transport to the shipper in Colton and upon arrival I had to lug my gear all over the place at that shipper. I finally was told where the truck was so I found it and loaded my gear and did the safety inspection.

Trip: Colton, CA to Casa Grande, AZ 365 paid miles
Make: 2019 Freightliner
Model: Road Tractor, day cab
Route: Interstate 10 to Arizona 85 to Interstate 8 to Interstate 10
Maximum elevation: unknown but Beaumont, CA was listed at 2,582 feet
Minimum elevation: unknown but Coachella, CA was listed at 76 feet below sea level
Highest diesel price: 3.959$ per gallon at Flying J Thousand Palms, CA
Lowest diesel price: 2.649$ per gallon at Zip Travel Center Salome, AZ

After I made the pickup I learned that there was no one in dispatch to contact due to time differences as there was no after hours dispatch. The only people available after hours were in the breakdown/emergency depatment and I did not want to bother them as there was no breakdown. As a result no one loaded my fuel card and as the truck had only a quarter tank I opted to shut down early. I headed to Redlands where I checked in to hotel and then I walked to Five Guys then Jersey Mike's where I pieced together a meal for my evening rations. Afterward I walked back to hotel and spent the night in Redlands, CA.

Thursday I talked to dispatch and my fuel card was loaded with funds. I got underway and took on fuel in Thousand Palms. I stopped in Blythe and had evening rations at Rebel BBQ. I saw a message to bypass Port of Entry in Arizona so I did just that. I stopped in Salome to take on more fuel. In the Buckeye area I headed south on Arizona 85 to bypass Phoenix and in Gila Bend I headed east on Interstate 8 to its eastern terminus where I rejoined Interstate 10 in Eloy. I spent the night in Eloy, AZ.

Friday I headed the short distance to Casa Grande, AZ where I completed delivery and a fellow "Benedict Arnold" signed the bill of lading. Afterward I was picked up and taken to rental car location to get in rental car to head to my next shipper.

My ride from Tolleson, Arizona to Fontana, California

My ride from Colton, California to Casa Grande, Arizona
Old Feb 6, 19, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Miscellaneous Pictures

Buckeye, Arizona sunset 21st January 2019

Blythe, California

Blythe, California

Fontana, California sunset 22nd January 2019

Rialto, California sunset 22nd January 2019

Rialto, California

Rialto, California

Rialto, California

Fontana, California

Fontana, California Jurupa Mountains dead ahead

Blythe, California sunset 24th January 2019

Blythe, California sunset 24th January 2019
Old Feb 6, 19, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Casa Grande, Arizona

Old Feb 6, 19, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Valley of the Sun to the San Joaquin Valley; Train Ride Home

Part IV: 25th January to 28th January

I got in rental car in Casa Grande, AZ. I headed into downtown Casa Grande to take some pictures. Then I headed to Phoenix and got stuck in traffic jams once in Phoenix. I made it to the shipper and was able to check in and I was told where to go to park the rental car closer to the truck then I was able to move the truck closer to the rental car and I loaded the truck and did the inspection and got signed off before heading to a filling station then turning in the rental car. I saw the sunset as I waited for my ride back to the truck.

Trip: Phoenix, AZ to Selma, CA 574 paid miles
Make: 2015 Freightliner Cascadia
Model: Road Tractor with sleeper
Route: Interstate 10 to California 210 to Interstate 215 to Interstate 15 to US395 to California 58 to California 99
Maximum elevation: 4,190 feet at Cajon Summit Interstate 15 6 miles south of Hesperia, CA
Lowest elevation: unknown but Coachella, CA was listed at 76 feet below sea level
Diesel fuel price USA: 2.799$ per gallon at Pilot Avondale, AZ

After I returned to the truck I got underway and I stopped in Avondale to take on fuel to ensure I had adequate amount for delivery. Then I stopped in Goodyear and had evening rations at Rudy's BBQ. I did not overdo it this time. I continued west and after one pit stop at a rest area in the middle of nowhere, I stopped in Blythe, CA and checked into hotel which was undergoing a transition so I was switched to another room then I needed to get towels and washcloths from the front desk. I spent the night in Blythe, CA.

Saturday I continued west on Interstate 10. I stopped in Cabazon, CA and had midday rations at Hadley's. I spent more time in Cabazon than originally planned as while there I checked traffic conditions on my smartphone and learned there was a problem on Interstate 15 in the Cajon Pass with a delay of 1h29min. I did a google search and learned there was a crash and that entire Interstate was blocked to allow a helicopter to evacuate those with injuries. I did some checking online and phoning to make alternate plans. I talked to a pastor in San Bernardino to find out the parking situation about his church. I was going to stay in Redlands if there was availability but I learned that the delay was shrinking so I decided to go for it. The scale on the Westbound 10 in Banning was open so I had to go in to get weighed. It did not take as long for me as I used the "empty" lane but there was a queue in the "loaded" lane. I was not pulled in so I continued and in Redlands I got on the 210 then in the north part of San Bernardino I got on the 215 and joined the 15 in Devore and the crash was completely cleared and there was no delay for me as I ascended the Cajon Pass. Just after I topped Cajon Summit and entered the Mojave Desert, I got on northbound US395 and almost immediately I pulled into the Pilot truckstop in Hesperia. I was going to have evening rations at Wendy's but they were closed due to major remodeling that was going on. I did run into an over the road tractor trailer driver and fellow "Benedict Arnold" who goes by the handle "Big Rig Steve." "Big Rig Steve" has his website and blog which I follow. We had a brief chat before I headed out and I stopped at Wendy's in Victorville where I finally had evening rations. After that I parked the truck on a dead end street and spent the night in Adelanto, CA.

Sunday morning I attended the morning service at Desert Streams Baptist Church in Adelanto, CA. The sermon was on John 1:29 "Behold the Lamb of God." Afterward I continued north on US395 then started my run west on California 58 and I stopped in Boron and had midday rations at Domingo's, a popular restaurant that was previously closed for a couple of years. I was glad to see it reopened. Then I continued west and stopped in Tehachapi. Afterward I continued west on the 58 into Bakersfield and then started my run on the northbound 99. I made a pit stop at the rest area in Tipton then continued into Selma where I parked at hotel and I had evening rations at McCoy's Cafe. I had Tri Tip but was not too impressed. I spent the night in Selma, CA.

Monday I headed to the receiver and made delivery. There were no more suitable trips available so I got transport to the Amtrak station in Fresno where I bought a train ticket and I checked my bags. The train arrived and I boarded.

Amtrak #714 FNO-BFD San Joaquins
Depart: Scheduled 13h40, actual 13h52
Arrive: Scheduled 15h49, actual 15h49

The train departed 12 minutes late. Intermediate stops were made at Hanford, Corcoran and Wasco. I visited the Cafe Car and purchased midday rations. I got a cheeseburger and was able to get a combo deal by paying just 3.00$ extra for chips and soda which is different from how Amtrak operates its Cafe Car in Texas. We arrived right on time in Bakersfield.

Amtrak #5814 BFD-LAX Thruway Bus
Depart: 15h55, actual 15h56
Arrive: 18h15, actual 18h02

The bus departed one minute late. I saw the sunset in Santa Clarita as we passed Magic Mountain. There was some slowing in Burbank and around Dodger Stadium but we arrived at Union Station 13 minutes early.

Amtrak #590 LAX-FUL Pacific Surfliner
Depart: Scheduled 19h21, actual 19h33
Arrive: Scheduled 19h50, actual 20h00
Reclaim checked bags 7 minutes after arrival

The train departed 12 minutes late and arrived at the first stop after Union Station, Fullerton 10 minutes late where I got off. After I reclaimed my bags I got transport home to end this tour of duty.

My ride from Phoenix, Arizona to Selma, California

Last edited by Loose Cannon; Feb 6, 19 at 2:41 am
Old Feb 6, 19, 2:39 am
Original Poster

More Miscellaneous Pictures

Phoenix, Arizona sunset 25th January 2019

Phoenix, Arizona sunset 25th January 2019

Cabazon, California sunset 26th January 2019

Cabazon, California Morongo Casino

Adelanto, California

Adelanto, California

Boron, California

Boron, California

Selma, California

Fresno, California

Wasco, California