Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Visiting the Munich Airport Visitor Park! (DC-3, Super Connie and JU-52)

Old Jan 8, 19, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Located next to Munich Airport, you can explore the interiors of two classic planes and have a great view of planes landing at MUC airport.

You can reach the Munich airport’s visitor park from Marienplatz by taking S-Bahn Lines 1 or 8 towards the airport (Flughafen). Get off at the “Besucherpark” station and then walk about 500 meters to the park.

There is a 1 Euro entrance fee that is paid via a vending machine (bring a Euro coin or two 50 cent coins)

There are three main planes exhibited... Lufthansa Junkers Ju 52, Swissair DC-3 or C-47 and a Lufthansa Lockheed Super Constellation or Connie.

Junkers Ju 52/3m (D-ANOY) is on display at the Visitors Park at Munich Airport.

This model was built under license in Spain...

Swissair DC-3 or C-47, moved to Munich airport visitor park in 1993 and displayed and preserved in old Swissair colours with fake registration HB-IRN (the real HB-IRN displayed in Lucerne)

Lufthansa Lockheed Super Constellation, a four engine turboprop with 3 rudders and tails.

C/N 4671 — is painted to represent Super Constellation D-ALEM, Lufthansa's first long-haul aircraft used in 1955 for flights from Hamburg to New York.

kevincrumbs likes this.
Old Jan 8, 19, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I love the teddy bear with a heart.

Is this place walkable from the MUC airport terminals? Of, starting from the airport, must one take the S-Bahn one stop?
Old Jan 8, 19, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I love the teddy bear with a heart.

Is this place walkable from the MUC airport terminals? Of, starting from the airport, must one take the S-Bahn one stop?
I call her "PremiumCabinBear" or "Travelling Teddy Bear"
I would recommend one stop on the S-Bahn, Google Maps says it's walkable but it's easier on the S-Bahn...
Old Jan 8, 19, 8:55 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I see, Teddy had a very nice visit

Search this Thread