Wiki Posts
Search

A Trip To Colombia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:38 pm

Inspiring. Will check out flights now thanks to you
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, nequine. Yes, great place to get some aerial perspectives.
Originally Posted by angeloedades
Another awesome TR DanielW - makes me want to visit Colombia with my broken Spanish and the starbucks cup was right !
Thanks, angeloedades. I love the interpretation of my name too, i.e. Dan = Jeen. I normally get Tan or Din!
Originally Posted by offerendum
A pleasure as always!
Cheers, offerendum.
Originally Posted by UAL250
A wonderful read, as always Daniel. Great pictures and makes me want to visit Colombia. Did you feel safe during your journey? I don't want to sound like a noob traveler here (:P) but I am always a little bit concerned about crime in South America. Looks like you had no issues though!
Many thanks, UAL250. I had no issues with safety. I guess anything could happen anywhere but I stuck to the main tourist areas and everything felt very safe.
Originally Posted by TM78
Great report as allways from you. Photos are amazing.
Thanks, TM78, such an enjoyable and beautiful place to travel to.
Originally Posted by Yemona
Inspiring. Will check out flights now thanks to you
Thank you, Yemona, hope you get to enjoy Colombia too.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Wonderful TR, thank you for sharing!! You really make a person feel as if they are part of your trip.
Which hotel did ET put you up during your delay? It looks a lot better than some that I have been sent to.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:35 am

Fascinating----Thank you.
I still hope you will both come to Scotland some day.
Lots of photo opportunities and would love to have your impressions.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:58 am

Great report. I did the BOD free walking tour last May. But, I didn't know such tours existed until I discovered it via one of your previous reports. I now look for these tours wherever I go! Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Fantastic TR as always. Sorry Rianda couldn’t join. Fun coffee and Starbucks anecdotes! Great photos as always!
what did you do with the coca canna balm? I’ve never heard of it!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Ps obviously interested in dprk tr - thank you for that one!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Simply marvelous. Great report and wonderful pics. Did anyone hassle you at all about your drone cam?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: AR, LA, A3, UT, 6R, U6, PS, SU, and many more
I've been many times to Colombia and after reading your report, I'd love to go again. Amazing trip and report. Thanks for sharing. I read all of your writings.
Best regards
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Fantastic report as always, Daniel. Amazing photos! My wife and I thought about visiting Cartegena a few years ago when we went down to visit Panama. Looks a lot like Panama City in several of the photos!

Thank you for sharing.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Looks like a great trip down to one of my favorite South American countries and I'm glad to see you enjoyed it. I've only gotten to visit Bogota, but both Cartegena and Medellin have long been on my radar. Great photos as usual, excited to see what 2019 has in store.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Wonderful TR, thank you for sharing!! You really make a person feel as if they are part of your trip.
Which hotel did ET put you up during your delay? It looks a lot better than some that I have been sent to.
Thank you, roadwarrier. I just stayed at the Afarensis Hotel in Addis. My room was humongous so much have been an 'upgrade'. Afarensis Hotel Addis Hotel Ethiopia Hotel 4 Star Hotel in Addis Ababa
Originally Posted by kenko92
Fascinating----Thank you.
I still hope you will both come to Scotland some day.
Lots of photo opportunities and would love to have your impressions.
Cheers, kenko92. I've been to England and Wales but Scotland is still on my bucket list.
Originally Posted by lamphs
Great report. I did the BOD free walking tour last May. But, I didn't know such tours existed until I discovered it via one of your previous reports. I now look for these tours wherever I go! Thanks!
Thanks, lamphs. Yes, can't go wrong with the free walking tours, I really like the flexibility as well as the price.
Originally Posted by gaobest
Fantastic TR as always. Sorry Rianda couldn’t join. Fun coffee and Starbucks anecdotes! Great photos as always!
what did you do with the coca canna balm? I’ve never heard of it!
Thank you, gaobest. I was too scared/paranoid to use the coca balm, with the strict drug laws in Dubai etc. Just working on my DPRK photos now.
Originally Posted by SFO777
Simply marvelous. Great report and wonderful pics. Did anyone hassle you at all about your drone cam?
Many thanks, SFO777. No issues with the drone, there was even a local flying one too at Guatapé.
Originally Posted by eielef
I've been many times to Colombia and after reading your report, I'd love to go again. Amazing trip and report. Thanks for sharing. I read all of your writings.
Best regards
Cheers, eielef. Yes, a great country to visit, could have easily spent a month there.
Originally Posted by 757
Fantastic report as always, Daniel. Amazing photos! My wife and I thought about visiting Cartegena a few years ago when we went down to visit Panama. Looks a lot like Panama City in several of the photos!
Thank you for sharing.
Thanks, 757. Just planning a trip to Panama City now. With both cities having a historic old city and a row of impressive skyscrapers they both look very similar.
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Looks like a great trip down to one of my favorite South American countries and I'm glad to see you enjoyed it. I've only gotten to visit Bogota, but both Cartegena and Medellin have long been on my radar. Great photos as usual, excited to see what 2019 has in store.
Many thanks, ChiefNWA. I would have loved to see some more of Bogotá. Cartagena and Medellín are definitely worth checking out, really easy going and fun places to hang out and explore.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: Meh
Brilliant TR as always, looks a wonderful country.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:27 pm

Amazing as always Daniel. Appreciate you doing these. You are my first reference point for any country I visit. Keep it up.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevie
Brilliant TR as always, looks a wonderful country.
Thanks, stevie. Yes, and so much more to see.
Originally Posted by isaifan
Amazing as always Daniel. Appreciate you doing these. You are my first reference point for any country I visit. Keep it up.
Many thanks, isaifan. I really appreciate other peoples TR's too for trip planning, certainly helps a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.