Reload this Page >

Exploring Ukraine - Kiev, Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant and Pripyat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exploring Ukraine - Kiev, Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant and Pripyat

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by DanielW
A cool trip to Kiev and Chernobyl. Quite a cheap and easygoing place to getaway for a few days. IEV looks to be much better located than KBP too.

Quite a bit 'hotter' too.

Mine read 5.42 in 2014 by the reactor!
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Did a tour to China a few years ago, and had this dimwitted bimbo and hubby who would E.V.E.R.Y. time arrive between 20 - 30 minutes late for our bus departure. First and last 10 day tour bus for me.

But, thank you again for a very insightful TR with some great photos. Also, I did not know about the tour around FRA - when I go through there again, and have hours to kill, I will certainly participate.

And a Merry Christmas, and may 2019 bring many interesting TR's that you will share with us.
Igor lectured them after lunch about taking their sweet old time. They were a bit speedier the rest of the tour, but seemed disinterested in general, which was odd. I NEVER do guided tours unless I absolutely have to for that reason (and for the same reason as you).

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Some terrific photos there !!

Ukraine is on my list but I think I will save it for the sprimg / summer / fall months...
Thanks! I watched a video of Chernobyl during the winter and it has a whole different vibe, but not sure my Floridian self would want to endure that cold. Stick to the warmer months if you're the same.

Originally Posted by 757
Wow, amazing report and photos. Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year!
Originally Posted by DanielW
A cool trip to Kiev and Chernobyl. Quite a cheap and easygoing place to getaway for a few days. IEV looks to be much better located than KBP too.

Quite a bit 'hotter' too.

I loved how cheap Kiev was, makes the trip much less stressful, and yes, IEV is super easy compared to KBP.

Originally Posted by samwise6222

Mine read 5.42 in 2014 by the reactor!
I'm surprised it was that low honestly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.