Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Denver Weekend via WN/AA Y

Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Hello everyone and welcome to my tenth trip report. You may remember me from my other trip reports:
[FIXED] A Birthday Trip to Remember: Calgary via AC/AA in Y/Y+
A 5-Day Cali Jaunt via WN Y
Flying Solo: A Broke College Student Takes the UAE via DL/KL/AF Y
Austin, TX via UA/AA Basic (oh no!) Y
D.C. on a Dime: The Nation's Capital via UA Basic Y+ (Seriously!)
MAXimum Chicagoan (Mis)adventures via WN Y
Viaje a Vienna via DL/AF/KL Y
VXFarewell: An avgeek's first VX experience on the last ever VX flight!
A Fine City: Singapore (+Malaysia) via DL/AA/CX/JL/WN Y/MCE

If not, welcome! My name is Jeremy and I’m a sophomore at Arizona State University.

Introduction
Over the summer, I had an internship with Marriott International. Unfortunately, this meant that I couldn’t go on our family trip to Denver that I always look forward to! Somehow, my days off and scheduled times all lined up perfectly, plus I found last minute flights for less than $150 roundtrip! So there I was, off to meet my family up there. Fortunately for my mother, now she had an excuse to fly home with me instead of make the long drive! This trip will be short and sweet, with a report to match (no 3,000-4,000 word ramblings on this one!)

In this trip report:
I. WN3300 PHX – DEN
II. Denver, CO
III. AA1404 DEN – PHX

Sunday, June 10
I woke up bright and early for my 5:55AM flight to Denver. This was, of course, after working until 10pm the night before. With very little sleep powering me, I hopped in my car and made the drive to Sky Harbor’s East Economy Lot. I took the quick SkyTrain over to Terminal 4, rushed through PreCheck, and sat down in preparation for my early flight.

Southwest’s employees are always so bubbly and friendly, it is fantastic!

I. WN3300 PHX – DEN
DEP 05:55 // ARR 08:35
Boeing 737-700

I found my way to my window seat on the lovely open seating airline. It was a fun time! I sat down, and strangely couldn’t find my way to sleep, so I decided to watch Alex Strangelove on Netflix, a cute movie about a high school senior’s discovery of his homosexuality. It was a relatable film for me. I did cry at the end (sorry to the people sitting next to me!).

II. Denver, CO
Once I landed, I made my way landside to my dad and brother waiting for me in the truck my brother had just gotten for his 16th birthday! It was a scary drive to my aunt & uncle’s house though.

On this first day, we sat around eating and drinking all day. We played Cards Against Humanity which was quite awkward with my parents and brother right there. But we all talked and bonded on the deck which was just lovely. It was a lovely break from the Arizona heat, for sure.

Monday, June 11
June 11, my mother’s birthday, was spent mostly without my mother! She wanted to rest at the house and read on the desk, whereas the rest of my family had other plans. We decided to go out and raft on the Colorado River. It was, much to my surprise, really fun. We brought our leftover pizza from the day before with us and found ourselves an abandoned cabin to have lunch at. The only problem: I got more sunburned than I ever have before!

I took this incredible photo, which is certainly one of my favorite shots of all time. I’m still waiting to hear back from their marketing department though!:

We spent the balance of the evening at the house, playing games, eating, and drinking. Unfortunately, my mother and I had an early flight back the next morning so I could be home in time to go to work.

Tuesday, June 12
My brother and Dad drove us to the airport before driving themselves all the way home. My mother was strangely stressful to travel with at the Denver airport. “Where is security? What’s our gate? Is this where we go?” It’s okay Mom, I’ve got this. We grabbed breakfast and then waited in the gate area for our flight, which had been delayed due to a late inbound the night before and crew rest requirements.

Good news though, it was the oneworld livery, which I hadn’t experienced before!

III. AA1404 DEN – PHX
DEP 07:54 // ARR: 09:01
Boeing 737-800 oneworld livery

I fell asleep. End of story.

We made it back to home in plenty of time for me to make it to work (unfortunately!).

Thanks for reading this (short) report. I felt the need to chronicle it since I did get on a plane as part of it! Any feedback is appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.