Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Austrian Airlines 777-200 Hong Kong - Vienna

Old Sep 5, 18, 6:04 am
Original Poster

I bought a return ticket on Lufthansa in order to go on their A350 and then returning on Austrian for the best priced ticket.

I'd been in Asia for 4 months filming my live streams at the airports in Hong Kong and Taipei/Tokyo Haneda, the flight before this was from Taipei and I did some last minute mountain hiking to get a few more airport shots.

A 3-4 hour climb will get you to a good position to film the airport

Dep: 13:15
Arr: 19:15

Flight OS68 >>>Next Flight Inaugural Singapore-Newark A350 ULR

Full Flight Video Austrian Airlines OS68 Hong Kong - Vienna

Boarding was quick and the aircraft usually parks on the satellite terminal which is a nice newly built one.

Cabin crew were very friendly, the male cabin crew was genuinely interested in my filming and was surprised that i was filming the whole flight, he thought it was cool thankfully
The snacks that they put in the galley only seemed to be crackers or some sort of nuts maybe. I thought there'd be more on that front.
The legroom is ok atleast I had 3 seats to myself, i've been lucky on that one a few times.
The meal was ok

Kaitak old Hong Kong Airport

Since there was only peanuts for snacks as far as i could see, i would have preferred a bigger brownie here

Immigration at Vienna was awful, it seems they have immigration near every gate and confusing lines, people not queuing at the right ones, staff not very friendly, same again the next day when i went through the airport with security info guy getting angry because i asked a question about the gate signage for which security x-ray to go through.

Next flight
I'm booked on my very first Inaugural flight on Singapore Airlines between Singapore-Newark soon to be the longest flight in the world
Old Sep 8, 18, 11:03 am

The meals on Austrian seem tiny. And the air fares from New York are the highest. One can order a fancy meal. If I go with them in April I will order it.