Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Karachi To Peshawar

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
But that is the whole point of Trip Reports. Those photos are part of the entire experience that the author wants to share with the audience, and I, as part of that audience, want to experience every part of the journey.
I would personally disagree on that, as in the hotels/flights/airports bit. Mind you, I generally find this kind of thing rather tedious etc, particularly of popular destinations. As someone said earlier, it can be useful for more off the beaten track places, which I *do* agree with. This is by no means a jibe at the OP, for the record!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:18 am

Great trip report and photos. Certainly looks a really interesting place to visit.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Burj
LOL! When I was in Pakistan I kept thinking that too....Then again it was all about priorities!
In my hotel in Lahore the power went off (load shedding) while I was on a wifi call back to the U.S. My hotel room was pitch black but as I was complaining to my family in the U.S. it occurred to me....how is the power off but the wifi works? The front desk told me the routers/modems/etc are all on UPS (uninterrupted powers supply). Of course I remarked "The internet is on UPS but none of my room lights???"
The front desk person looked at me quizzically and said: Your phone doesn't have a flashlight?
After I thought I about it....I actually WOULD rather have internet than lights during load shedding!
Originally Posted by Burj
I assume you felt safe during your trip since you didn't say otherwise in your trip report....do you think it would be safe for a single female to do a similar trip in Pakistan, using this same tour company?
Yes, internet and wifi are definitely priorities over simple electricity these days! A single female traveler will be fine, I know of several single ladies who have visited Lahore and other cities and have had no issues.
Lovin? it in Lahore ? Only my footprints
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
As usual, another great report - thank you Daniel. Your photos continue to amaze me. Happy and safe travels. Here is to the next, (eagerly awaited), Trip Report.
Many thanks, roadwarrier. Next TR will feature plenty of waterfalls, empanadas and alfajores.
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
Thanks for the fascinating Trip Report. I enjoyed seeing the pictures, especially of the trucks.
Thank you, Loose Cannon. Yes, the Pakistani trucks were amazing, especially when them spending upwards of a years salary on making them so amazingly decorated and colourful!
Originally Posted by vn33
Awesome report!! Felt like I was there!
Maybe in my next life, I'll get to travel like you
Thanks, vn33, hopefully in your current life too.
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
I was at work and saw your postings of a trip report, so I got all excited to come home from work and slowly scroll and enjoy it.
I take a lot of pictures when I travel but I have a friend who complains that I never have people in the shot. I usually go out of my way to make sure there are no people in the shot.
But, I think what makes your trip reports so interesting is that a lot of your photos have people in them. And I just realized how much more interesting they make travel shots. You still have landscapes and buildings, but the eye is drawn to the shots with the people. They really make the story so much more interesting. Thanks for that.
I think I am going to try to incorporate more people in my shots. Thanks for the inspiration and great photos and another great trip report.
Many thanks, bitterproffit. Yes, the people really make a place and are all part of experiencing a new culture when visiting a new country. They literally add a beating heart and often a warm smile too to my travel photos.
Originally Posted by flapland
Great trip report and photos. Certainly looks a really interesting place to visit.
Cheers, flapland. Yes, a very cool place to spend six days, although would have loved to stay longer!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
Pictures are of the standard we have become accustomed to. I had no idea how interesting Pakistan could be. Thank you for this TR
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by DanielW

Day 3.

A group of students holding a banner and portraits of the founder of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Allama Muhammad Iqbal, the spiritual father of Pakistan, for Pakistan Day.

Is the kid carrying a real rifle?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Another great TR from you with some excellent pictures as always.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by londonfog
Pictures are of the standard we have become accustomed to. I had no idea how interesting Pakistan could be. Thank you for this TR
Many thanks, londonfog. Yes, I was pleasantly surprised with my six days in Pakistan, so much history and culture, both recent and not so recent.
Originally Posted by Marschel
Is the kid carrying a real rifle?
Haha! No, it was very much a plastic toy gun.
Originally Posted by nequine
Another great TR from you with some excellent pictures as always.
Thank you, nequine.
Marschel likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:14 am

I saw a terrible documentary on You Tube about these children who are assistants to the truck drivers. It was awful and sad.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:19 am

Another great TR. Thanks for posting.

I would love to go to Pakistan, but the visa sounds painful.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by camsean
Another great TR. Thanks for posting.

I would love to go to Pakistan, but the visa sounds painful.
Thanks, camsean. Yes, the visa is a abit of a hassle. Not sure why, Iran, India etc. are relatively straightforward.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by DanielW
Thanks, camsean. Yes, the visa is a abit of a hassle. Not sure why, Iran, India etc. are relatively straightforward.
I was a bit worried with the visa process after booking an ex the Qatar business fare many months ago but it turned out to not be so bad.

I found a company willing to give me an LOI for just 4 days of trekking, allowing me to do my own thing while in the cities.

The application asked MANY unique questions (blood type) but was mostly harmless. I expected it to take the full 4-6 weeks quoted but just over a week later I had a two year multi entry visa!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rivlinm
I was a bit worried with the visa process after booking an ex the Qatar business fare many months ago but it turned out to not be so bad.

I found a company willing to give me an LOI for just 4 days of trekking, allowing me to do my own thing while in the cities.

The application asked MANY unique questions (blood type) but was mostly harmless. I expected it to take the full 4-6 weeks quoted but just over a week later I had a two year multi entry visa!
Jealous of the two year visa. Looking forward to your trekking photo's.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:38 am

I didn't catch it, but what time of year were you there? I read that Pakistan can get unbelievably hot.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:39 am

Terrific report as always. Do the people in your photos ever want copies?

I'm always happy to see pictures of the hotel rooms etc. It's easy to scroll past it, but usually, it is worth a moment to see what kind of room someone is staying in.

I would be very interested to see the Wagah ceremony. That looks really interesting and I'm glad you were able to see it after all.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Amazing TR and photos, and very helpful to my Pakistan trip planning!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.