Karachi To Peshawar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Karachi To Peshawar

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love your trip reports, Daniel. Did you feel unsafe in Pakistan? The media here in the US makes it seem like nonstop terrorist bombings and people being jailed for perceived slights to Islam. I have a friend who went there for work, and she loved it. SHe also mentioned that people seemed to give her more respect for wearing a headscarf.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Another fabulous TR Daniel - thank you so much! I love your TRs and I love all of the photos in your TRs. Thank you for the TRs and I look forward to your DPRK TR if you are successful in getting there; I have seen other TRs there so I can continue to enjoy those if your DPRK visit gets postponed.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Great report from a country less traveled. Cool to see the Wagah Border Ceremony from the Pakistani side, I witnessed it from the Indian side back in Feb. Hopefully, next time you're in Pakistan you can make it up into the mountains, they look stunning.

Looking forward to your DPRK report if all works out. I've been tempted to go on one of the tours, but as an American, there's a bit of a passport issue these days. Another thing stopping me is the rigidity of the trip, having to stay with a guide all day, etc. I'll be interested to see your take on it.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CHSDOC
I didn't catch it, but what time of year were you there? I read that Pakistan can get unbelievably hot.
The trip was just at the end of March, before it's gets too hot and uncomfortable.
Originally Posted by farbster
Terrific report as always. Do the people in your photos ever want copies?
I'm always happy to see pictures of the hotel rooms etc. It's easy to scroll past it, but usually, it is worth a moment to see what kind of room someone is staying in.
I would be very interested to see the Wagah ceremony. That looks really interesting and I'm glad you were able to see it after all.
Many thanks, farbster. I often show the photo on the LCD screen and people are always happy to see the result.
Yes, definitely recommend the Wagah border ceremony, there is a certain unique tension but also kinship between the countries which the ceremony helps to bring out.
Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
Amazing TR and photos, and very helpful to my Pakistan trip planning!
Thank you, LAX_Esq. Yes, a country definitely worth a visit.
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I love your trip reports, Daniel. Did you feel unsafe in Pakistan? The media here in the US makes it seem like nonstop terrorist bombings and people being jailed for perceived slights to Islam. I have a friend who went there for work, and she loved it. SHe also mentioned that people seemed to give her more respect for wearing a headscarf.
Thanks, gfunkdave. I felt fine in Pakistan. I didn't venture too far off the beaten track and stuck to the main areas. People were always friendly and welcoming and I never felt unsafe at anytime.
Originally Posted by gaobest
Another fabulous TR Daniel - thank you so much! I love your TRs and I love all of the photos in your TRs. Thank you for the TRs and I look forward to your DPRK TR if you are successful in getting there; I have seen other TRs there so I can continue to enjoy those if your DPRK visit gets postponed.
Cheers, gaobest. Yes, a very rich and beautiful part of the world, too bad they don't get too many visitors from enjoying such an interesting country.
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Great report from a country less traveled. Cool to see the Wagah Border Ceremony from the Pakistani side, I witnessed it from the Indian side back in Feb. Hopefully, next time you're in Pakistan you can make it up into the mountains, they look stunning.
Looking forward to your DPRK report if all works out. I've been tempted to go on one of the tours, but as an American, there's a bit of a passport issue these days. Another thing stopping me is the rigidity of the trip, having to stay with a guide all day, etc. I'll be interested to see your take on it.
Thank you, ChiefNWA. Yes, would love to see the north, although I would probably need 10-15 days thoughs to really appreciate. My guide has often been there, and has invited me back too.
Just back from DPRK and got to meet all three Kim's! It was actually the first time I have seen a country's leader when visiting after all my travels which was a bit of a buzz! Our guides were pretty cool and friendly too, so it wasn't too much of a hassle. Part of what also makes the country so unique, interesting and often bizarre is the highly controlled nature of tours there and all the restrictions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.