Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

A Trip to the Grand Canyon and Sedona

A Trip to the Grand Canyon and Sedona

Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gaobest
Great TR - we stayed in Sedona for a few days in January 2010. It's so lovely there.
Sure looks that way, would love to spend some more time in Sedona.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
The Canyon is one place where, when I saw it for the first time, I said OMFG. An unbelievable place and immense in size. We actually stayed in Flagstaff the night before and then travelled back to Phoenix via Sedona. Stopped off and we all said that Sedona was a place to return to in the future.

Thanks for bringing back the memories.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
The Canyon is one place where, when I saw it for the first time, I said OMFG. An unbelievable place and immense in size. We actually stayed in Flagstaff the night before and then travelled back to Phoenix via Sedona. Stopped off and we all said that Sedona was a place to return to in the future.

Thanks for bringing back the memories.
The Grand Canyon is indeed immense in size and extremely difficult to capture the scale in pictures.

Also, I feel most people probably pass through Sedona asking themselves why they didn't spend more time there, it certainly looks to be quite beautiful and the hiking opportunities look fantastic.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Amazing pics
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Your trip report is fantastic, and your pictures are really awesome! Thank you!

As I'm debating taking a tour of the Grand Canyon, but see that you did it yourself, how did you determine where to go (i.e. a website with an itinerary) and how easy is it to figure out where you're going and where to go?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adampenrith
Amazing pics
Thanks!

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Your trip report is fantastic, and your pictures are really awesome! Thank you!

As I'm debating taking a tour of the Grand Canyon, but see that you did it yourself, how did you determine where to go (i.e. a website with an itinerary) and how easy is it to figure out where you're going and where to go?
Thank you. There are signs for the various lookout points on the road and they're all labeled on Google Maps. I have Tmobile and had 0 service along the canyon rim, so I'd suggest downloading the map offline before you go. I just stopped at various lookout points with not much of a plan to be honest.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Thanks!

Thank you. There are signs for the various lookout points on the road and they're all labeled on Google Maps. I have Tmobile and had 0 service along the canyon rim, so I'd suggest downloading the map offline before you go. I just stopped at various lookout points with not much of a plan to be honest.
Gotcha. That definitely makes me think it may be worth a tour.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.