Wiki Posts
Search

Copenhagen and Swiss First

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Copenhagen and Swiss First

I had pretty much decided not to do a trip report but some time opened up and haven’t seen too much on Swiss in a while so here we are. With apologies to some, this will be photo- and not narrative-driven. It's also a bit food centric and focused on 3 things: a great dinner at Restaurant Naervaer, Swiss First lounge in Zurich and the Swiss First meal from ZRH to BOS.

This was my first visit to Copenhagen. I believe the weekend I was there was the first nice one weather-wise of 2018. So, spirits seemed high across the city and many people were out and about. You can’t really discuss out and about in CPH without referencing the bicycles.

A few indoor and outdoor highlights from around Copenhagen:

I stayed at the very cool Hotel Nimb. You never knew what you’d find outside your balcony.

On to dinner, Naervaer seats about 12-14 people at one U-shaped counter with the kitchen in the middle. You get to watch everything prepared, interact with the staff and enjoy a great meal. The food and hospitality were outstanding (but it doesn’t come cheap). Here are the highlights:

I love the Swiss First Class lounge in Terminal E and had planned a long layover (5 hours) to fully enjoy it. Initially, I had thought about visiting the renovated Terminal A lounge but tepid reviews kept me away. This paid off as I was able to get one of the two day rooms for a nap and shower.

By the time I finished up, all the early afternoon flights had left and I had the entire lounge to myself.

I headed in for delicious lunch – the cheese soup, in particular, was outstanding.

After many glasses of champagne, plane spotting and reading inside and outside, it was time for the flight. No photos of the cabin since it was the disappointing A340. Entertainment system worked only intermittently, seat froze up, not much privacy. Thankfully, we were only 3 of 8 in first but it’s time to retire this product. The terrific in flight crew was apologetic but there was only so much they could do. Here’s the recap of my dinner:

All in all, a good flight but not sure I’ll fly Swiss First again unless it’s the 777 or A330.
AJO and kellio33 like this.

Last edited by Yahtzee; May 22, 2018 at 10:35 am
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:43 pm

nice photos, thanks for the contribution, as LX F reports are quite rare...!
probably due to lack of redemption opportunities except for SEN and HON.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:43 am

So many bicycles!

Hotel Nimb looks amazing, great location too inside Tivoli.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:48 pm

Great photos. Thanks for the report!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Great TR! Bummer about the hard product for LX F!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.