Search

Turkish Airlines Business Class SFO-IST 777

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:50 pm
formerly wchinchen
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Turkish Airlines Business Class SFO-IST 777

It has been a year since I flown them to Maldives, but I had the opportunity again to fly them to Romania. SFO-IST-Bucharest. Hope you enjoy the review, and the short answer is: yes, I will fly them in a heartbeat. At the end, is a Youtube video review if you want to skip the commentary.

Service: Each section of the business class has its dedicated chef and flight attendant, and the ones I met were friendly and engaging. Anything you needed, they tried to help you without any attitude. The chef prior to departing, recommended against a shrimp dish as she said the product was subpar and small.

Hard Product: The seats are true lie flat, and is wide enough for my broad shoulders. The attendants come by to make your bed for you by placing a quilt on top of the seat and large comfortable pillow. This is the only time I slept for 8 hours straight on any flight. The entertainment system is touch screen, and has a touch screen remote also. Lots of American, Middle Eastern, and Asian movie selections. I never watch movies back at home, so I try to catch up during my air travels. The bathrooms are kept clean, and fresh. The amenity kit was the usual.

Food: Prior to taking my first flight on Turkish, everyone raved about the food. The thing you have to know is that you can eat as little or as much as you want. Don't be shy to ask to try a little of everything during the appetizer section. Sometimes you will get an attendant that explains the choices, and I had the return flight where they just ask what you would like without explaining the items at all. I would recommend as a first time Turkish flier to ask to try a little of everything with the appetizer and dessert cart. The wine choices are ok, they had Tattinger Brut Champagne and a variety of European and Turkish wines. Decent.

All of the food was delicious. The shrimp wasn't the freshest as it didn't have the usual snap, and was abit soft.

Breakfast was decent. Not too greasy with the omelette. The fresh smoothie was delicious.

Conclusion: I look forward to flying them again. They usually have better prices than United Airlines when I book out of HNL. When you book with Turkish Airlines Website as business class, the United leg is Z fare, but shows as economy. I had to call Turkish Airlines to double check that the United leg was indeed Business, and it is. Hope you enjoyed this, and and open to feedback.

gilbertaue and gpy like this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:08 pm

TK's dining offering looks quite solid. I recall when I flew them many years ago, they even had a chef dressed in a full outfit greet passengers on board.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Thanks for a great report!

The video was great, but you need to lose the awful music.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:41 pm
gpy

I flew Turkish about 5 years ago before I knew anything about points and we we're upgraded to what I thought was business. It was premium economy, which they no longer offer, and I absolutely loved the experience. Incredible food and the chef even came through PY!
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:19 pm
formerly wchinchen
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks for a great report!

The video was great, but you need to lose the awful music.
😂 thanks. Not much selection for Royalty Free YouTube music. Will search for more!
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:20 pm
formerly wchinchen
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hkskyline
TK's dining offering looks quite solid. I recall when I flew them many years ago, they even had a chef dressed in a full outfit greet passengers on board.
They still do! And they still have great customer service.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:24 pm
formerly wchinchen
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpy
I flew Turkish about 5 years ago before I knew anything about points and we we're upgraded to what I thought was business. It was premium economy, which they no longer offer, and I absolutely loved the experience. Incredible food and the chef even came through PY!
I have to try out their premium economy product still. The Next trip I take out to IST, I’ll give it a go and review the product.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
great TR. I love TK's onboard product and their IST lounge. Its a great airline, when things are going well. However, if things go wrong...their ground service is not upto par.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Originally Posted by wchinchen

I have to try out their premium economy product still. The Next trip I take out to IST, I’ll give it a go and review the product.

TK does not have premium economy anymore, they said that it was taking to many of it's business travelers
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
TK is a great airline and they try hard onboard both with service and food.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
We are doing this flight in Business in December, thanks for posting. Only done TK once, a few years ago from Cape Town to Frankfurt (obviously through IST) and really really enjoyed the flights even in Economy which is saying a lot. Food was great for back of the bus. Excited to try the Business product, and curious to check out the new Istanbul airport
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:24 am
formerly wchinchen
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Culture Guru
great TR. I love TK's onboard product and their IST lounge. Its a great airline, when things are going well. However, if things go wrong...their ground service is not upto par.
That is good to know! What was your expeirence with their ground service?

Only interaction I had with their ground service was getting a hotel for overnight layover, and the check in process. All positives. The ground crew was more interested in my camera gimble.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:32 am
formerly wchinchen
Original Poster

Originally Posted by high.and.above
TK does not have premium economy anymore, they said that it was taking to many of it's business travelers
That is such a bummer as they could’ve made a great premium economy, but I would’ve assumed they would have jammed pack the middle section with seats.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:35 am
formerly wchinchen
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DG206
We are doing this flight in Business in December, thanks for posting. Only done TK once, a few years ago from Cape Town to Frankfurt (obviously through IST) and really really enjoyed the flights even in Economy which is saying a lot. Food was great for back of the bus. Excited to try the Business product, and curious to check out the new Istanbul airport
Enjoy the flight! I would always fly TK if my routing allowed. My IST to Bucharest had A330 with new business class seats also just as a data point. Depending on how many people are flying together, I would recommend the window seat, but you do have to climb over your seat partner! The middle section is 3 across and would hate to be in the middle.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:47 am
formerly wchinchen
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
TK is a great airline and they try hard onboard both with service and food.
Totally agree, that’s why they made a return customer out of myself!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.