Reload this Page >

Farnborough Airshow - AC, UA, LX and OS J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Farnborough Airshow - AC, UA, LX and OS J

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:53 am

Big Ben doesn't look very recognisable! Great to get up close to some of the hardware at Farnborough though. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by canforce
If you liked the IWM near Waterloo station you should go to the one in Duxford at the airfield. It is by far the best museum that I have ever been to. Its on the site of an 8th USAAF site from world war two and is simply amazing. The sheer number of aircraft and ground vehicles in mind blowing, including a B52 bomber hung from the ceiling.
As a minor digression, Duxford was USAAF from 1943-1945. Apart from that interval, it was an RAF station, mainly operating fighter aircraft, from 1918-1961.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duxford_Aerodrome

Sadly, during my visit in April, I couldn't help noticing how dusty the exhibits in the American Air Museum were ... fallout from the raw concrete roof, I suspect. Rather sad to see that. Oh, and the B-52 is stood on the floor

Thanks for the TR, canforce ... a good read with some great pictures.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:31 am

May I ask what London hotel you stayed at, please. My last stay was at HUB by Premier Inn, Kings Cross. It was perfect and very convenient for me and price was very reasonable. I’ll probably stay there again.

Last edited by CosmosHuman; Jul 24, 2018 at 4:32 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
May I ask what London hotel you stayed at, please. My last stay was at HUB by Premier Inn, Kings Cross. It was perfect and very convenient for me and price was very reasonable. I’ll probably stay there again.
i stayed at the Victory Service Club on seymour st just north if hyde park. I thought it was great.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
OP: great report thanks! One question though--I was all excited to see the A350 do it's near vertical takeoff and all I got was a vid of some kids' backpack!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
OP: great report thanks! One question though--I was all excited to see the A350 do it's near vertical takeoff and all I got was a vid of some kids' backpack!
yeah i had to use my phone for the video and well... i am new to the whole tech thing. I was happy to get some of the plane flying.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by canforce
i stayed at the Victory Service Club on seymour st just north if hyde park. I thought it was great.
I’ve not served in the military, but the hotel looks nice. I’ll probably stay at HUB by Premier Inn, like last August. Starting in September there are new exihibts at IWM for WWI. I’ll also view the Lord Mayors parade, but miss Guy Fawlkes Day.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Thanks for taking the time to do this have really enjoyed it and look forward to the flight home report.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:14 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Terrific to see the airshow photos! Thanks so much, canforce !
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Time to go home!!!

After spending a very enjoyable four hours in the lounge it was time to head down to get my Passport information verified and get on the plane. Boarding was just about to commence as I arrived at the gate and I had seat 10K reserved for the 8:40 flight back to Montreal.

Swiss Airlines
ZRH - YUL
Airbus A330

I will let the pictures do most of the talking. Overall the flight far exceeded my expectations. The flight attendants were all great, food was delicious and we landed on time. Its really all you can ask for.

Sadly as close as I got to flying on a C Series, which was one of the points of this trip.

I may have had more than a few glasses of this liquid.

The mousse that came along with this beef was out of this world good.

The sauce had mustard in it which made it amazing!

Montreal airport was an absolute zoo which I was not expecting.

Happily my wife was waiting for me when I came out of Customs and in a mere 45 minutes we were back home.

Sadly this will probably be my last long distance trip for a while, though I will never turn my nose up at another possible trip if it comes along. I hope everyone enjoyed the trip report and for sure I will do one again on my next flight!
amrd, standch, roadwarrier and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.