10 States, 4 Trips, 3 flights, one hailstorm and a little sightseeing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels

Tour of Duty 11th May 2018 to 26th May 2018

After I returned home from my previous Tour of duty I was home three days. While home I did something I never did before. I turned up at a meeting of the Traffic Commission in the city I am a resident of in southern California. I learned there was opposition to recent restrictions on left turns into and out of a local shopping centre and I turned up to voice my support of the recent changes. I got word of a trip from New Philadelphia, Ohio to the vicinity of Jacksonville, Florida and I looked into air tickets and found an direct flight on WN from LAX to CLE with a stop in MKE for a very reasonable price of 178$. I chose to use Early Bird Check In for an additional 15$ to secure a better boarding position. However I got B5 with EBCI so I figured the flight would be full at least for the first segment.

Friday the 11th of May came and I got ready and got transport to LAX. Traffic was heavy and I checked in and checked my bags which weighed 43.5 and 42.5lbs. I'm glad I had TSA Precheck on my Boarding Pass so I was able to clear security pretty quickly and I did not need to opt out and be patted down. As it turned out the plane was late arriving from PHX.

Southwest #120 LAX-MKE B-737-700 Boarding Pass B5 Early Bird Check In
Seat 22F Cruising altitude not announced Estimated flying time 3:32, actual 3:22
Depart: Gate 17B Scheduled 10h05, actual 11h22 Taxi/hold: 12 minutes
Arrive: Gate C18 Scheduled 16h10, actual 17h00 Taxi: 4 minutes

As mentioned earlier the plane was very late arriving and time was needed for passengers to deplane before boarding could begin. We finally boarded via jetway. The plane was nearly full. Pushback was 1h17min late followed by takeoff to the west and we went overwater and into the clouds at 1min13sec. We were over the clouds at 2min24sec and we circled around but I did not see landfall as the cloud cover from the Marine Layer blocked the view below. I saw tops of the mountains at 0:12 and we were over the Mojave Desert at 0:13 and I finally saw the ground below and I saw Hesperia, Interstate 15, Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear Lake farther out. We crossed Interstate 40 at 0:18 and then we crossed Interstate 15 at 0:22 and I saw Baker, CA at 0:23. I saw Mountain Pass and Solar Panels at 0:26 and I saw Primm, NV at 0:28. At 0:29 I got Pretzels, Fritos and Graham Cracker Cookies abreast of Jean, NV.

Seatbelt sign went off at 0:30 and an announcement was made about the delay and I saw the south side of the Las Vegas metro area. At 0:32 I saw Lake Mead. I started seeing the Grand Canyon at 0:40. I got cup of soda at 0:52 and I saw the Painted Desert and Little Colorado River. At 0:54 I saw Lake Powell and clouds started to increase. Clouds blocked the view below at 0:59 then broke a minute or two later. Clouds blocked view again by 1:10 and seatbelt sign went on at 1:17 to allow a view of the Rocky Mountains. Then there were more clouds and the next time the clouds broke at 1:35 we were crossing Interstate 25 north of Colorado Springs and I saw COS. Seatbelt sign went off at 1:44 and there were bumps and more clouds and seatbelt sign went back on at 1:45. I dozed off and when I woke up the seatbelt sign was off. I got cup of water at 2:23.

Seatbelt sign went on at 2:50 and it was announced we would be making touchdown at MKE in 30 minutes. I thought I felt descent at 2:52 and really felt descent at 2:58. At 2:59 it was announced the cabin would be secured early. Clouds blocked the view below. I felt some bumps and we went into the clouds at 3:13 then temporarily out of the clouds at 3:15 and back into clouds again at 3:17. We broke under the clouds at 3:21 and I saw it was wet. We landed west to east on a wet runway and arrived at gate 50 minutes late. After passengers deplaned and the thru count was made I changed seats.

Southwest #120 MKE-CLE B-737-700 Thru Passenger
Seat 3F Cruising altitude 33,000 feet Estimated flying time 0:45, actual 0:47
Depart: Gate C18 Scheduled 16h55, actual 17h41 Taxi: 11 minutes
Arrive: Gate B11 Scheduled 19h05, actual 19h43 Taxi: 4 minutes
Reclaim checked bags 13 minutes after arrival

The plane was almost full with a load of 135/143. It was announced it was overcast and 55F at CLE. Pushback was 46 minutes late and takeoff was to the north and we went into the clouds at 11 seconds. We were over the clouds at 1min18sec. I felt bumps during climb. Drink orders were taken at 0:07. Clouds blocked the view below. Seatbelt sign was on the entire flight. I got cup of soda and pretzels at 0:14. I felt descent at 0:20 and descent was announced at 0:21. It was announced it was still 55F and overcast with winds out of the east at CLE. We went into clouds at 0:28 and I saw Lake Erie after we broke under the clouds at 0:38. We made landfall at 0:41 heading south and then we turned east and I saw North Ridgeville, OH at 0:43. I saw the Interstate 80/90 interchange before we turned again and we landed to the northeast on a dry runway but I saw raindrops during taxi. We arrived at gate 38 minutes late and we deplaned via jetway.

After I reclaimed my bags I got shuttle to rental car centre and there was a hassle getting the rental car due to employees learning a new system. I finally got into the car and made my way to eastbound Interstate 480 and took that to southbound Interstate 77. I had to take a detour in the Akron area but got back on track and stopped between Akron and Canton for a pit stop and late evening rations at a Sheetz. I made it to New Philadelphia and checked into motel where I reserved room. I spent the night in New Philadelphia, OH.

Saturday I headed to the shipper and found an employee and gave truck information and was told where the truck was then I loaded my gear and did the inspection and got signed off. Then I staged the truck just outside the gate of the shipper's property. Afterward I took some pictures of downtown New Philadelphia, stopped by filling station to fill up the tank of the rental car then turned in the rental car and got a ride back to the truck.

Trip: New Philadelphia, OH to Green Cove Springs, FL 848 paid miles
Make: 2018 Kenworth
Model: Cement Mixer
Transmission: Automatic
Route: US250 to Interstate 77 to Interstate 26 to Interstate 95 to Interstate 295 to US17 to Florida 16
Maximum elevation: 3,252 feet at Flat Top Interstate 77 2 miles south of Ghent, WV
Highest diesel price USA: 3.339$ per gallon at Pilot Caldwell, OH
Lowest diesel price USA: 2.95$ per gallon at Eagle Auto/Truck Plaza New Philadelphia, OH

It clouded up by the time I arrived at the truck and I headed to nearest truck stop to take on some fuel. Rain started soon after I took on fuel there and there was some rain after I got on Interstate 77. There was a thunderstorm between Caldwell and Pleasant City, OH. I took on more fuel in Caldwell, OH. There was just a few raindrops near Parkersburg, WV after I crossed the Ohio River then it was dry. There was some construction on Interstate 77 and this was the first time I was on Interstate 77 between Parkersburg and Charleston, WV. I got on the Turnpike and there were some crooked stretches and unfavourable terrain that slowed me down. I made it to Princeton, WV late where I spent the night.

Sunday I got rolling late and went through the tunnel into Virginia then there was another tunnel in Virginia before Wytheville. I stopped for midday rations in Wytheville then took on fuel in Fort Chiswell before continuing south and down the grade near Fancy Gap into the Piedmont of North Carolina. There was construction in Mooresville and Charlotte, NC on Interstate 77. I entered South Carolina and made it to Orangeburg, SC where I spent the night.

Monday I got an early wakeup and had to move the truck to allow another truck to make a turn. That thoroughly disrupted my sleep. I took on fuel in Bowman, SC for the last time this trip. The day started dry and it stayed in South Carolina and into Georgia but after I got south of Interstate 16 in the Savannah area I encountered some raindrops. There was light rain and sprinkles off and on, mostly on the rest of the day and I shut down, got evening rations at Cracker Barrel and then spent a rainy night in Kingsland, GA, just three miles from the Florida-Georgia Line.

Tuesday was dry to start and the Agricultural Inspection Station was open but I was waved through. I stopped at the Florida Welcome Centre and phoned up the customer then proceeded south and after I got on Interstate 295 I encountered a tropical downpour that compelled me to cut my speed to 25mph briefly. The rain quit by the time I got on US17 and it was not raining when I delivered the truck in Green Cove Springs. I got a lift to Enterprise Rent A Car and there was rain while I waited. I got word of a local trip entirely within Jacksonville, FL. I got transport to the dealer and gave the person at the service desk truck information and alas the customer did not pay and not only that the work was not even done so no go. I informed dispatch and then summoned transportation as raindrops fell. I checked into motel and had evening rations at Sonny's BBQ then got sick to my stomach later that night. I spent the night in Jacksonville, FL.

Wednesday I checked with dispatch and it was confirmed that local trip was a no go so I ended up checking with another company I contract with and I got locked into two trips. A rental car was booked for me from JAX to Wilmington, NC and I got transport to JAX and there was a thunderstorm while I was in the garage picking up the car but the storm quit before I left the garage. I stopped in St-Marys, GA to look at the city and take some pictures and then I headed up Interstate 95. There was some rain between Brunswick but the rain quit by the time I entered the Savannah area. I stopped and took more pictures in Walterboro, SC then continued north and stopped for evening rations at Maurice's Piggie Park BBQ in Santee, SC. I then continued north and took pictures of Hamer, SC before entering North Carolina. I made it late and spent the night in Wilmington, NC.

Thursday I had a late checkout and turned in the rental car in Wilmington, NC and got a ride to the truck which was staged at a yard in the woods in Castle Hayne, NC. I loaded my gear and did the inspection and got underway.

Trip: Castle Hayne, NC to Greenville, SC 311 paid miles
Make: 2017 Freightliner
Model: Vacuum Truck
Transmission: Automatic
Route: US421 to Interstate 140 to US74/Future Interstate 74 to Interstate 95 to Interstate 20 to Interstate 26 to Interstate 385 to Interstate 85
Maximum elevation: unknown but 927 feet at the receiver in Greenville, SC
Diesel price USA: 3.259$ per gallon at Pilot Lugoff, SC

I headed to a truckstop in Wilmington, NC and got some DEF and then had a snack and stocked up on soda and water before leaving the area. There was some rain off and on then heavy rain once I got on Interstate 95 in Lumberton, NC. There was more brief heavy rain in Florence, SC and I saw lightning to the distance from Florence, SC while getting windsheld washer fluid. I took on fuel in Lugoff, SC and spent what turned out to be a mostly sleepless night in Columbia, SC.

Friday when I checked out of motel in Columbia, SC I learned a couple had a domestic dispute in very close proximity to my room and the police got involved. I heard the yelling and the commotion disrupted my sleep. I stopped in Clinton, SC and had midday rations at Blue Ocean Seafood & Grill. I had a meal which consisted of Broiled Flounder, Grouper and Salmon along with French Fries and Salad. I found a bug on one of the lettuce leaves and lost appetite for the rest of the salad. Aside from the bug the meal was satisfactory. Afterward I started my run on Interstate 385 into the Greenville area then got caught in a traffic jam due to construction near Interstate 85. I exited and headed to the receiver where I dropped off the truck, got signed off and switched my gear to the next truck for the next trip and did the inspection before proceeding.

Trip: Greenville, SC to Northville, MI 682 paid miles
Make: 2017 Kenworth
Model: Vacuum Truck
Transmission: Standard straight 10-speed
Route: Interstate 85 to Interstate 26 to Interstate 40 to Interstate 640 to Interstate 75 to Interstate 275 to Interstate 96
Maximum elevation: 2,130 feet Eastern Continental Divide Interstate 26 Hendersonville, NC
Highest diesel price USA: 3.359$ per gallon TA Florence, KY
Lowest diesel price USA: 3.059$ per gallon Pilot Duncan, SC

I headed to truckstop and took on fuel and rain started as I fuelled and I saw lightning in Spartanburg. There was some heavy rain. I opted to get a room and headed to motel in Spartanburg and had to in a lot on the other side of the neighbouring business. There was a hassle getting checked in as the reservation I booked online did not go through right away. I spent the night in Spartanburg, SC.

Saturday I headed into North Carolina and made the transition from the Piedmont to the Appalachians. There was some unfavourable terrain which slowed me down and I had some rain off and on in North Carolina. I made pit stop at truckstop in Candler, NC and another stop at rest area on Interstate 40 ten miles from the Tennessee line where I waited for some weather to blow through. I headed into Tennessee and stopped to take on fuel in Dandridge then I continued into the Knoxville area where I took the 640 then I started my run north on the 75. I made a pit stop just inside Kentucky then I stopped in Corbin, KY for evening rations at Sonny's BBQ and I had better results than I did when I was in Jacksonville, FL. Then I made it through a construction zone and spent the night in Richmond, KY.

Sunday I had a late start and continued north. I took on fuel in Florence, KY but there were no spots to park at that truckstop except reserved pay to park spots which seem to be proliferating. I experienced traffic jams approaching as well as inside Cincinnati. I made pit stops in Ohio then stopped for DEF in North Baltimore, OH and had evening rations at the Petro in that city. Afterward I continued north and had trouble locating the hotel where I reserve room but finally found it and spent the night in Monroe, MI.

Monday I continued to my destination in Northville, MI and completed delivery. I waited some while attempting to find out what trips were available. I thought I was going to get a trip from Meyersdale, PA to Franklin, MA followed by a trip from Brunswick, ME to Kalida, OH but that was not to be. Instead I learned of another trip from New Philadelphia, OH to Green Cove Springs, FL so dispatched cancelled the rental car to PA and rebooked the reservation showing a dropoff location of New Philadelphia, Ohio. The rain moved in and I had to navigate the uber driver to my location via phone as the rental car location was not able to send anyone to give me a ride.

I got the rental car in Novi, MI and headed to a Bobs Big Boy still in Novi. It was raining. After evening rations I continued into Ohio and got a break in the rain for a short time until after I entered the Ohio Turnpike. Then I got into more rain and thunderstorm along with road construction so I shut down early and spent the night in Milan, OH.

Tuesday started out dry and I continued to New Philadelphia, OH. I checked in at the shipper and loaded my gear and did inspection and got signed off then I staged the truck just outside the gate as I did previously. Then I found a filling station and topped off the fuel tank in the rental car for 2.699$ per gallon. Afterward I turned in the rental car and got a ride back to the truck. I saw clouds building. En route to the truck we passed by the filling station where I got fuel and I saw the price went up to 2.729$ per gallon. It was still dry when I got back to the truck but I saw threatening clouds to the west so I got in and strapped myself in tight in case the truck blew over as the wind was picking up. The rain hit and there was thunder and there was quarter sized hail. All this happened while the truck was parked and stationary. The storm blew through quickly and I saw lightning bolts and a rainbow to the east. I finally got started.

Trip: New Philadelphia, OH to Green Cove Springs, FL 848 paid miles.
Make: 2019 Western Star
Model: Cement Mixer
Transmission: Standard 8-speed
Route: US250 to Interstate 77 to Interstate 485 to Interstate 77 to Interstate 20 to Interstate 26 to Interstate 95 to Interstate 295 to US17 to Florida 16
Maximum elevation: 3,252 feet at Flat Top Interstate 77 2 miles south of Ghent, WV
Highest diesel price: 3.259$ per gallon at Pilot Cambridge, OH
Lowest diesel price: 2.999$ per gallon at Eagle Auto/Truck Plaza New Philadelphia, OH

I saw no apparent damage from the hailstorm so I stopped at Sheetz to get evening rations then took on fuel at nearby truckstop before getting on Interstate 77. I encountered some drizzle and fog and stopped in Cambridge, OH to fill the fuel tank the rest of the way. I saw lightning to the south and checked the doppler radar and found that the storm system that hailed on me was slowly heading south. I saw on radar a line of storms/heavy rain and possible hail between my location and the Ohio River so I opted to shut down and I spent the night in Cambridge, OH.

Wednesday was cloudy to start but it cleared up. I stopped in Marietta, OH for midday rations at Go Mart. I had a hot dog and a Pepperoni Roll. Then I crossed the Ohio River into West Virginia and I endured the construction zones and crooked roads and unfavourable terrain. I made it to Hillsville, VA where I spent the night.

Thursday I descended the grade near Fancy Gap, VA and entered North Carolina. I stopped for midday rations at Sheetz in Troutman, NC. Afterward I encountered major delays due to construction in Mooresville, NC. I took the 485 ring road around Charlotte and it was wide open and that road was posted 70mph. It was great...until it was time for me to get back on the southbound 77. There was a bottleneck and more delays at the transition to the 77. I got some rain in South Carolina and took on fuel for the last time in Bowman, SC where I also got a sandwich for late evening rations. I encountered some fog and there was some issue with condensation and windows fogging up and I spent the night in Hardeeville, SC.

Friday I experienced rain in Georgia and I contacted the customer at the Florida Welcome Centre. The rest of the trip was dry and I delivered the truck and learned that a trip from Decatur, GA to Nazarath, PA was not going to happen so I booked an air ticket and contacted dispatch which rented me a car from JAX to MCO. I had a long wait for a ride to JAX but finally the taxi came and I got into rental car at JAX then headed to downtown Jacksonville, FL and I saw Jacksonville Landing and had evening rations at a steak and seafood restaurant there. Then I headed to the 95 southbound and made it to Ormond Beach, FL where I took some nighttime pictures and spent the night at motel on the beach.

Saturday was dry to start. I took pictures of the beach then checked out and headed south on Highway A1A. I went through Daytona Beach and Daytona Beach Shores before reaching Ponce Inlet. I took pictures on the way. I paid admission at the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse and climbed the over 200 steps to the top. I took pictures not only of the lighthouse but I also took panoramic pictures from the top of the lighthouse. Then I went downstairs and after I got a few postcards, I continued toward the Interstate and headed into downtown Orlando where I took some pictures. Then I headed to Wawa where I topped off the fuel tank of the rental car at 2.859$ per gallon.

I turned in the rental car at MCO. Then I headed to the terminal and checked in and checked bags. I checked in online with a bit less than 24 hours before the scheduled departure. My bags weighed 44.5 and 42.5lbs. I cleared security after a queue and TSA Precheck appeared on my boarding pass so I did not have to face the choice of opting out and getting patted down. Also the queue was quite long for the non-Precheck people so I definitely saved time. Time from beginning of check in to clear of security was 19 minutes. I had late afternoon/early evening rations at McDonalds.

Southwest #4550 MCO-DAL B-737-700 Boarding Pass B41
Seat 23F Cruising altitude 40,000 feet Estimated flying time 2:15, actual 2:21
Depart: Gate 103 Scheduled departure 17h30, actual 17h30 Taxi/hold: 14 minutes
Arrive: Gate 4 Scheduled 19h15, actual 19h13 Taxi: 7 minutes

We boarded via jetway and it started raining by the time boarding started. The plane was almost full and it was announced it was 95F with few clouds at DAL. Pushback was on time and takeoff was to the south followed by a turn west. We went into the clouds at 0:06 then above the clouds. At 0:19 seatbelt sign went off and it was announced we may get to DAL 5 to 10 minutes early. Clouds blocked the view below much of but not all of the flight. At 0:33 I got pretzels and Wheat Thins Toasted Chips. I felt bumps and seatbelt sign went on at 0:37. At 0:52 I saw the Gulf of Mexico waters through break in the clouds. Seatbelt sign went off at 0:56. I saw the southeast tip of Louisiana at 0:59 and the end of the Mississippi River. We made first landfall at 1:07. I got cup of soda at 1:08. Seatbelt sign went on at 1:22 as it was announced we would deviate south of storms near the Louisiana-Texas border. I saw the Gulf Coast and Port Arthur, TX at 1:36 and we made turn north and seatbelt sign went off at 1:44. Seatbelt sign went on at 1:51 as it was announced we would start descent in 10 minutes and touchdown would occur in 30 minutes. I felt descent begin at 1:57. We made turns and landed to the south and arrived at gate 2 minutes early. We deplaned via jetway.

Southwest #2367 DAL-LAX B-737-800 Boarding Pass B11
Seat 29A Cruising altitude 34,000 feet Esimated flying time 3:00, actual 2:58
Depart: Gate 19 Scheduled 20h05, actual 20h05 Taxi/hold: 19 minutes
Arrive: Gate 17A Scheduled 21h35, actual 21h31 Taxi: 8 minutes
Reclaim checked bags 23-24 minutes after arrival

We boarded via jetway and the plane was almost full but my row had an empty middle seat. It was announced that it was 64F with winds out of the west at LAX. Pushback was on time but we waited at the end of the runway while three other Southwest planes took "cuts" and took off before us. We took off to the south at Sunset. Then we turned west. I was on the wrong side to see Dallas and Fort Worth. I did see Abilene, TX and Interstate 20 at 0:21 and drink orders were taken at 0:27. I got Wheat Thins, Peanuts and Pretzels at 0:30 and seatbelt sign went off at 0:37. I saw Big Spring, TX at 0:37 and then I saw the lights of the Midland-Odessa area at 0:42. I saw fires in the Permian Basin at 0:46. I got cup of soda at 0:52 and then I got second cup of soda at 1:04. Clouds blocked the view below. I got cup of water at 1:55. I felt bumps and seatbelt sign went on at 2:06. I saw the lights of Blythe as we crossed the Colorado River into California airspace at 2:20. I saw the lights of the Coachella Valley at 2:31. I felt descent begin at 2:37 and descent was announced and it was 63F at LAX. I saw lights of the Morongo Casino then clouds. The clouds subsided and I saw Corona/Norco at 2:47. We crossed California 57 at 2:50. We crossed Interstate 605 at 2:53. We crossed Interstate 710 at 2:54. We crossed Interstate 110 at 2:56. We landed east to west and arrived at gate 4 minutes early. We deplaned via jetway. After I reclaimed my checked bags I went upstairs and summoned transportation and arrived home to end this tour of duty.
AJO likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
Pictures of WN120 LAX-MKE 11th May 2018

WN120 LAX-MKE 11th May 2018 Lake Powell

WN120 LAX-MKE 11th May 2018 Beach and Ocean

WN120 LAX-MKE 11th May 2018 Hoover Dam and new bridge bypassing the dam

WN120 LAX-MKE 11th May 2018 Marine Layer and the High Desert

En route to LAX The Goodyear Blimp in Carson, California

LAX

View of Rocky Mountains

WN120 LAX-MKE 11th May 2018

Service

Last edited by Loose Cannon; Jun 2, 2018 at 4:32 am
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:06 am

I know all too well the mess of I-77 near Akron as I had trainings to attend there, all the way from where I live in Lake Country, 30 miles east of Cleveland.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Pictures: WN120 MKE-CLE 11th May 2018

Clouds most of the way

Landfall during descent, the Lake Erie shore west of Cleveland

Wet conditions, it did not even reach 50F/10C that day at MKE

UPS DC-10 or more likely MD-11 as seen during taxi at MKE

FedEx DC-10 or MD-11 as seen during taxi at MKE

Ohio Turnpike during latter part of descent into CLE

Service

After landing at CLE

North Ridgeville, Ohio
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Pictures: New Philadelphia, Ohio and trip from Ohio to Florida

sunset 12th May 2018 Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Princeton, West Virginia

Interesting looking moth or bug at rest area in South Carolina

New Philadelphia, Ohio

My ride from New Philadelphia, Ohio to Green Cove Springs, Florida

New Philadelphia, Ohio

New Philadelphia, Ohio

Florida sign

Princeton, West Virginia
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Pictures: In Rental Car from Florida to North Carolina

St-Marys, Georgia

St-Marys, Georgia

Hamer, South Carolina

Walterboro, South Carolina

St-Marys, Georgia

Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Pictures: Trips from North Carolina to South Carolina and South Carolina to Michigan

Clinton, South Carolina

Greenville, South Carolina

My ride from Greenville, South Carolina to Northville, Michigan

Rest Area westbound Interstate 40 10 miles east of the Tennessee/North Carolina line near Waynesville, North Carolina

My ride from Castle Hayne, North Carolina to Greenville, South Carolina

Candler, North Carolina
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Pictures: Trip from Ohio to Florida

New Philadelphia, Ohio

Rainbow New Philadelphia, Ohio

Beckley, West Virginia sunset 23rd May 2018

Hardeeville, South Carolina

New Philadelphia, Ohio

My ride from New Philadelphia, Ohio to Green Cove Springs, Florida

New Philadelphia, Ohio sunset 22nd May 2018

Threatening skies New Philadelphia, Ohio
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Pictures: Green Cove Springs and Jacksonville, Florida

Green Cove Springs, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Pictures: Sightseeing in Florida

Ormond Beach, Florida

Ormond Beach, Florida

Daytona Beach, Florida

Daytona Beach, Florida

Ponce Inlet, Florida

Ponce Inlet, Florida

Ponce Inlet, Florida

Orlando, Florida

Orlando, Florida

Orlando, Florida
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Pictures: WN4550 MCO-DAL 26th May 2018

After Takeoff

I saw another Southwest Airlines 737 at a lower altitude

Southeast tip of Louisiana; Southern end of Mississippi River

Somewhere over Louisiana

Coastline

Service

Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Pictures: WN2367 DAL-LAX 26th May 2018

Sunset about to happen during taxi

Dallas, Texas

Abilene, Texas

Fires in the Permian Basin

Service

south part of Chino as well as part of Chino Hills, California on descent into LAX

Diamond Bar, Brea Canyon, California 57, Brea and other Orange County cities on descent into LAX

Lights of the greater Los Angeles area on descent into LAX

New Football Stadium being built on former site of Hollywood Park Inglewood, California on final approach to LAX

Pylons all lit up at LAX
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

The second time I took a rental car I was coming from Michigan and ended up getting on the Ohio Turnpike and took that to Ohio 8 which ran my into the 77 and I used that as an alternate to get me around the mess.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:29 pm

Another fascinating trip report. Thanks^
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:25 pm

Excellent post. I like the detail. Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.