Naples via American First Class and BA Club Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Naples via American First Class and BA Club Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: Some...
Thank you for sharing your trip. I truly enjoyed your writing. A good example that a very limited set of pictures dosen’t prevent from having a great TR

and I hope everything will better now!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:15 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
This was a marvelous TR! Thank you, and hoping the job situation and health issues will soon be in the past.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

@kmersh, I do think Halloumi is a Greek word for "coronary artery disease," but it's just irresistible and addictive. I'm glad you could laugh, and hope you didn't make too much of a mess.
@thibderoc, thank you! I've never been one to take too many photos. Somehow my written memories are more powerful. I guess we each have our own style.

@1P, thank you so much. Indeed, life is getting much better, and I should be back to work within the month.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:45 pm

Mats, great Tr. I haven't flown the 777W F class to Europe. I usually pay the fee for BA. Based on your Tr I may have to reconsider.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Mats really enjoyed your lightly humorous writing style in this trip report with a focus more on the experience than photos!

Sounds like a great experience all round to lift the spirits after a difficult time ^
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

@jmj9905, I know that it's common to trash BA, but I just couldn't fathom paying $1200 for BA first class. American was comfortable, friendly, the entertainment was excellent, and the food was mostly quite good. I would not hesitate to take American first or business on the 777 any time (I'm not so sure about the other aircraft in the fleet). I encourage you to give it a try yourself.

@Coathanger, thank you. I find that I communicate better in prose than with photos or videos. Fortunately, this is a place that either platform is welcome. And yes, certainly, it did lift my spirits to go on this trip.
Coathanger likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Loved the TR, love the writing style ... many smiles and giggles along the way, too.

The National Express connection between LHR/LGW is now our usual method of doing the transfer, and I agree with your comment that they don't seem to take much [or indeed ANY] interest in the ticket! I assume it works.

LGW (South) is horrible!! As you noted, access via underground parking with dirt and fumes and not the most convenient layout either. Sadly we have little choice, living where we do.

Gatwick Hilton. Only used once (my TR = MLA17), and may not use again until refurbished. A missing curtain/curtain rail is surely not hard to notice - and repair? Depending on luggage, we may well take the Petit Train to LGW(N) and use the Hampton there if we need an LGW nightstop.

Get well soon ... I've just had my brush with "C", which seems to have been fixed thanks to a month of radiotherapy.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:59 pm

Mats:
Thanks for the reply. The other issue, and an important one, is premium award availability. In my experience it is very difficult to find premium class availability. I can usually find BA F & C availability 330 days out. I almost always can't find that on AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.