Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

You'll Never Walk Alone In Slovenia

You'll Never Walk Alone In Slovenia

Reply

Old Mar 18, 18, 8:42 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 472
Thanks for the TR and the inspiration.

I've only been to one LFC match--at Yankee Stadium against City in one of those pre-season money-makers.

I did fly across the continent to do it, but I'd love to get a chance to see a real match, particularly in the CL somewhere in Europe.

I've already booked my trip for this year, so Kiev is out. Maybe next season.

cheers

kl
kalderlake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 18, 9:50 am
  #32  
pjs
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Posts: 435
Originally Posted by kalderlake View Post
Thanks for the TR and the inspiration.

I've only been to one LFC match--at Yankee Stadium against City in one of those pre-season money-makers.

I did fly across the continent to do it, but I'd love to get a chance to see a real match, particularly in the CL somewhere in Europe.

I've already booked my trip for this year, so Kiev is out. Maybe next season.

cheers

kl
Thanks - I went to that Yankee Stadium match with my daughter. It was a great time (and the only way you'll get me in a baseball stadium).
pjs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 18, 8:53 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: BOI
Posts: 223
Great report. Bummer that the match at Anfield was against Mourinho's plucky underdogs with their park the bus mentality.. ;-)

A trip to Anfield is on our family's "must do" list. Someday...

YNWA
travellingwineO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 18, 11:47 am
  #34  
pjs
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Posts: 435
Originally Posted by travellingwineO View Post
Great report. Bummer that the match at Anfield was against Mourinho's plucky underdogs with their park the bus mentality.. ;-)

A trip to Anfield is on our family's "must do" list. Someday...

YNWA
Thanks - hope you make it there.
pjs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 18, 11:34 am
  #35  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 5
This is my dream to visit Anfield. Amazing stadium with really great team
williecollins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 18, 11:36 am
  #36  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 5
And I didn't expect such good reviews about Slovenia. I thought it is not very touristy country
williecollins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 18, 3:31 pm
  #37  
pjs
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Posts: 435
Originally Posted by williecollins View Post
This is my dream to visit Anfield. Amazing stadium with really great team
It's great. Just wish it had some better transport links to the city centre, but I guess that's part of the charm.
pjs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 18, 9:59 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Programs: Skywards, Miles&More
Posts: 110
Originally Posted by williecollins View Post
And I didn't expect such good reviews about Slovenia. I thought it is not very touristy country
We're quite touristy country. Just not were known.

https://www.slovenia.info/en
TM78 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 18, 2:19 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Posts: 1,090
What a brilliant TR! Maybe a little biased as I’m a season ticket holder. Thank you for sharing!!
MickV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 18, 9:51 am
  #40  
757
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: St. Paul, MN
Programs: Delta GM, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Posts: 302
Great report and photos! My wife and I flew from JFK to LHR in Delta One last September and enjoyed our flight very much.

Thank you for sharing!
757 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 18, 10:35 am
  #41  
pjs
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Posts: 435
Originally Posted by MickV View Post
What a brilliant TR! Maybe a little biased as Iím a season ticket holder. Thank you for sharing!!
Thanks - hope you're also going to the Man City quarterfinal match.

Originally Posted by 757 View Post
Great report and photos! My wife and I flew from JFK to LHR in Delta One last September and enjoyed our flight very much.

Thank you for sharing!
Thanks - it's not as bad as the reputation, but I haven't flown any of the real top notch airlines yet either so maybe I was just glad to be up front for a change.
pjs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 18, 1:20 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 346
Great stuff. LFC is on the upward spiral and things are going well for you guys. It always looks fun to attend away games.

I had UK trip later at end of the year, hoping a nice fixtures for my team (Arsenal) at the trip window. We're bracing for another Europa League season though
blueferrari is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 18, 8:20 am
  #43  
pjs
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Posts: 435
Originally Posted by blueferrari View Post
Great stuff. LFC is on the upward spiral and things are going well for you guys. It always looks fun to attend away games.

I had UK trip later at end of the year, hoping a nice fixtures for my team (Arsenal) at the trip window. We're bracing for another Europa League season though
If you can win the Europa League, you'll be back in the Champions League. I would laugh so hard if you guys get in and Chelsea is out next season.
pjs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 18, 11:17 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 39
Well, I just had to chime in and say hello!
pjs likes this.
lfcfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 18, 9:11 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ATL
Programs: AA Exec Plat CK 3.0M+; Delta DM 360; Marriott Plat Premier, Starwood Plat
Posts: 55
Very cool TR! Always good to see another ATL based flyer!

Also, loved the shot of the Naan from Akbar's in Leeds, one of my favorites, although it has been a few years since I have been there

do you have a favorite Indian place in / around ATL?
introspection is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread