Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

I hate tacos...said no juan ever! Off to Mexico City for work!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I hate tacos...said no juan ever! Off to Mexico City for work!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: BA - Gold, Doner kebab gold member
Cool pics, great trip report
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Question: You said you were able to use a faster immigration line. Is that because you are a diplomat or you were in first class? We are flying in F and would love to know if that helps us avoid the lines like it does in some airports. Thanks!
There was no F or business immigration line that I saw. Sorry!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I'll pass on the Pigeon thank you, but the trip report is tasty......errr....great Thanks for sharing ^
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:42 am

Definitely not a bad place to spend a week for work. Great to get a bit of a sismo experience too.

Love the patriotic Mexico jacket, maybe you could get one made up for the USA for your next overseas trip?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by DanielW
Love the patriotic Mexico jacket, maybe you could get one made up for the USA for your next overseas trip?
I think I'll stick with my MAGA hat!
Madone59 and DanielW like this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Great TR - thanks so much!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Next stop was actually at a food truck/cart with a couple of barstools on the side called El Caguamo where we were treated to a tortilla with octopus and prawn ceviche with fresh avocado. Absolutely delicious, but I was a bit nervous eating street food ceviche given that some of the worst food poisoning I ever had was from ceviche. Fortunately, no issues this time!
I think I’ve been at that very street stall myself! No Spanish and so I had problems understanding the menu let alone the vendor. Luckily a few friendly San Diegoans helped me out and I got a lovely fish soup of sorts and something else (I forgot).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.